Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I suspected, the VIN I was assigned yesterday is for a MXLR manufactured in late April. I spoke to someone at the delivery phone number to confirm this. When I asked where this car has been since late April, all he could say was that someone must have been matched with it and then decided they could not afford it. He could not tell me where the car had physically been during all of this time nor could he tell me if it was rejected for some reason. He said, “It will have everything on it the current builds have”, to which I responded, what about the tilt screen? He said, well probably not that. My delivery is scheduled early next week. After 14 months of waiting I should be excited, but honestly I’m pretty bummed about how this has played out. I’ll carefully check the car at delivery, but I’m leaning towards rejecting it and getting back in line. The tilt screen really isn’t a big deal to me, it’s the fact that they can’t explain to me where this car has been and why it been floating around without delivery for 6 or 7 weeks. Another big win for customer service!
Pretty sure 4/22 and later builds have tilt so if it's late April likely will have it.

May 21, 21 order here. Just thought I'd throw an update into the forum.
I'm pretty patient so the constant EDD moves haven't phased me much. Although it's absolutely annoying that interest will keep going up as the process continues to drag further out.

My config is a MXLR 5 Seats, MSM/Cream with 20" wheels.

A lot of people consider the Cream interior to be 'old man luxury' but speaking as a non-old person I think it's classy and will look great for a long, long time. My fear is that the Cream interior is so low on the demand schedule that it's a very low priority for Tesla to build. That's especially true with my $90k legacy pricing.

I was hopeful at the latest EDD window of July 5 - August 9 would stick or maybe move up but just got shifted today to August 1 - September 12.

This is my first Tesla and my current car is a '08 Jeep Commander 5.7L Hemi that gets a wonderful 14mpg average. Wishing now I hadn't sold my Passat last year when I expected the MXLR in December.

This will also be my first new car since I have always bought used to maximize my budget, but buying used isn't an option anymore is it?

I'm crossing my fingers that I get this thing before the end of the year. Really can't wait to road trip with it, but would love to do that before winter hits 🙃

Super Excited! Got a message that we can take delivery two days early! Now scheduled for Friday instead of Sunday. I'll post some pics after Ceramic and Tint are finished next week. Seems to be a little older VIN - Maybe 4 weeks? not sure. Maybe someone's financing fell through or because of higher rates they passed on it. Or it could be that it's been sitting in Chicago waiting for truck transport to Cincinatti- who knows. At any rate, I'll have my eagle-eyed wife to help inspect it so all good :p

MXLR - Red/White
FSD / 20's
VIN 7SAXCBE57NF340XXX
Ordered June 27, 2021
EDD - Moved all over the place including Nov - to Feb 2023 (Finally narrowed down to June 15th through 25th) We got our VIN and delivery window narrowed at the same time.

Pretty sure 4/22 and later builds have tilt so if it's late April likely will have it.
I hope for GoldenAge gets it, but in one of the forums, I saw that 4/22 & 4/23 didn't have the swivel screen. Mine was built 4/25 11:00AM and it has the swivel screen. I consider myself very lucky. If it was not on my car, I would have demanded it put on my "Due Bill" since it was mentioned when I ordered, and it is not mentioned again. Yes, they may have told me to take it or leave it, which would have been a tough call, since my Day one, Plaid intro day order with FSD was $18,000 less than the current price.

Reactions: goldenage
I'm pretty patient so the constant EDD moves haven't phased me much. Although it's absolutely annoying that interest will keep going up as the process continues to drag further out.

A lot of people consider the Cream interior to be 'old man luxury' but speaking as a non-old person I think it's classy and will look great for a long, long time. My fear is that the Cream interior is so low on the demand schedule that it's a very low priority for Tesla to build. That's especially true with my $90k legacy pricing.

I was hopeful at the latest EDD window of July 5 - August 9 would stick or maybe move up but just got shifted today to August 1 - September 12.

This is my first Tesla and my current car is a '08 Jeep Commander 5.7L Hemi that gets a wonderful 14mpg average. Wishing now I hadn't sold my Passat last year when I expected the MXLR in December.

This will also be my first new car since I have always bought used to maximize my budget, but buying used isn't an option anymore is it?

I'm crossing my fingers that I get this thing before the end of the year. Really can't wait to road trip with it, but would love to do that before winter hits 🙃
I ordered on July 27, 2021, LR, white, cream, 20", FSD and have an EDD of August 2 to September 27. Maybe they will be batching cream interiors for that time frame. One can only hope!

OK, haven't read all post in the 3-4 weeks but have a question. Has there been any movement on Vins or EDDs for European customers? You might smile and role your eyes with that stupid question but you surely will be able to follow the following line of thought.
1) We are end of June, so July approaching quickly.
2) July is HY2.
3) HY2 was the date Tesla said to deliver in Europe
4) cars need to be shipped to
Europe which takes a few weeks.
5) way before you get a VIN you get some random EDD
6) most importantly and fundamental to the line of thought: Tesla ALWAYS sticks to its promises and NEVER wants to disappoint customer especially with late delivery

So I am sure you now understand the question and related expectation of movement for European customers. *irony ends*

I've been lurking in these forums for a while but first time posting. Just wanted to share that I received my VIN this morning and then scheduled for home delivery later this week. I'd prefer to inspect at the SC but they said they are only doing home deliveries. Prior to this morning, the EDD was July 1-22. They said the car is already at the SC so I'm tempted to drive by and see if it's already on the lot that I can inspect it.

Ordered May 2021
LR 7 Seat White with Black Interior 20" (no FSD)
RN1150XXXXX
VIN 7SAXCAE5XNF349XXX
MVPA says its got 15 miles on it

I'm in Orange County, CA.

I'm paranoid that it's a reject seeing as I've just been assigned the VIN and it's already at the SC.

I have the same configuration and my EDD just got pushed forward from July 14th to August 25th pushed forward to June 23rd to July 14th. I have been trained by this forum not to put too much stock into any of those dates (good or bad) until you get your VIN. I also have a similiar order date of 5/2/2021 so hopefully we both get ours sooner.

Reactions: SOBX MX
If I switch my RED MXP, 20", Black Interior, 20", FSD to WHITE, do you think there is a better chance of EDD being accelerated?

I ordered 5/11/22 and currently showing 8/12-9/22. I know this is selfish thinking compared to how long so many others have been waiting but curious your thoughts. (For about one week I actually had an EDD of 6/17 - 7/12). Would switching to white, a more popular color, potentially deliver this thing faster?

I ordered on July 27, 2021, LR, white, cream, 20", FSD and have an EDD of August 2 to September 27. Maybe they will be batching cream interiors for that time frame. One can only hope!
That would be amazing if they decided to batch. Are you western, central, or eastern?

I have the same configuration and my EDD just got pushed forward from July 14th to August 25th pushed forward to June 23rd to July 14th. I have been trained by this forum not to put too much stock into any of those dates (good or bad) until you get your VIN. I also have a similiar order date of 5/2/2021 so hopefully we both get ours sooner.
I'd be really curious to hear when you get your VIN considering we have almost the exact same config (I don't have FSD) and our order dates are within two weeks of one another. If you manage to get yours within your EDD window then that bodes well that mine should follow within a reasonable amount of time.

I'd also really, really love to see pics of a 5-seat MSM/Cream.

Reactions: Driver 8