Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered June 2021 6 Seater LR white/white with FSD (WA State), third Telsla. Had the usual bumps Dec 21 to Jan - april 22, then July 22 and then Sept-Dec 22. My dates have finally narrowed but now its a specific date in late Oct to Early December 2022!!

Really feeling upset that this car keeps getting pushed out while others who ordered much later are getting theirs much sooner, even those with less expensive configurations!

Ordered June 2021 6 Seater LR white/white with FSD (WA State), third Telsla. Had the usual bumps Dec 21 to Jan - april 22, then July 22 and then Sept-Dec 22. My dates have finally narrowed but now its a specific date in late Oct to Early December 2022!!

Really feeling upset that this car keeps getting pushed out while others who ordered much later are getting theirs much sooner, even those with less expensive configurations

This will be my fifth Tesla & I am a couple days from cancelling as I am getting so angry with Tesla on this rollout. My EDD was mid July so 1.25 weeks ago I asked my SA if I can start trade in and apply for financing and if I do would it impact my EDD and SA said it won't impact. I finalized my financing on a Friday evening and Saturday am, my EDD moved to November-January. It is extremely evident this is due to my profile completion date updating but all I am hearing from Tesla is supply chain. No one will actually listen to me - they're all using supply chain as a crutch for any inquiries and no one is actually taking time to listen to the customer.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
6/29 will be my 1 year order date anniversary. When I saw EAP for $6,000 I immediately added it to my order. To me, it gives me all the features I wanted from FSD for 1/2 the price. Curious to see how it may impact me current EDD of October 8 - December 3. Has anyone else added EAP and seen any account movement?

This will be my fifth Tesla & I am a couple days from cancelling as I am getting so angry with Tesla on this rollout. My EDD was mid July so 1.25 weeks ago I asked my SA if I can start trade in and apply for financing and if I do would it impact my EDD and SA said it won't impact. I finalized my financing on a Friday evening and Saturday am, my EDD moved to November-January. It is extremely evident this is due to my profile completion date updating but all I am hearing from Tesla is supply chain. No one will actually listen to me - they're all using supply chain as a crutch for any inquiries and no one is actually taking time to listen to the customer.

This Tesla is a second Tesla for me. I am also tired of Tesla's fit and finish, EDD all over the place.

I have BMW iX delivery coming up in next 1 or 2 weeks, if BMW's charging on the road is 70% as good as Tesla, I would take the iX instead.
I know this is a Tesla forum so this might offend some folks.

Anyone have more perspectives on the Electrify chargers?

Reactions: 1pinhigh and Wooly1

Really feeling upset that this car keeps getting pushed out while others who ordered much later are getting theirs much sooner, even those with less expensive configurations!
I'm a May 2021 in Seattle area with a very similar config, and still looking at ~Nov EDD. So sounds in line with at least that one date point :)

Based on your sig, you ordered ~8 months ago and you are in Canada... There are people in the US that ordered 15 months ago and still don't have their car. I know it is frustrating, but unfortunately it sounds like you might need to adjust your expectations if you want the rest of the delivery process to be less anger inducing. Based on the spreadsheet the average number of days from order to delivery is just under one year. The average for LR is likely longer than that since that average includes plaids which get delivered much quicker. The EDD change would have happened no matter what you did with your financing. I'm pretty sure changing your profile doesn't do anything to your profile completion date. Best bet is to not do anything until you have a VIN assigned (and then unfortunately have the mad dash to complete everything). I also don't think the EDD change is supply chain related. They are just terrible at estimating deliveries, for many reasons.

Edit: also, I made the same financing move to lock in rate back in Jan\Feb. Still don't have my car...

I am hearing from Tesla is supply chain. No one will actually listen to me - they're all using supply chain as a crutch for any inquiries and no one is actually taking time to listen to the customer.
If it makes you feel any better my Model 3 AC went out early May. I schedule service a couple weeks out but then it got pushed to the next month because they said they had to order a part for the repair. My car has currently been in service since 6-22 and they are waiting on yet another part. I asked for an ETA/Update last Friday and they gave me a non answer. So who knows when I'll ever get my 3 back.

Don't really care though since I'm putting miles and toll charges on their loaner X ('17 100D White/Black/Wood 6 seater ) :)

I'm a May 2021 in Seattle area with a very similar config, and still looking at ~Nov EDD. So sounds in line with at least that one date point :)

Based on your sig, you ordered ~8 months ago and you are in Canada... There are people in the US that ordered 15 months ago and still don't have their car. I know it is frustrating, but unfortunately it sounds like you might need to adjust your expectations if you want the rest of the delivery process to be less anger inducing. Based on the spreadsheet the average number of days from order to delivery is just under one year. The average for LR is likely longer than that since that average includes plaids which get delivered much quicker. The EDD change would have happened no matter what you did with your financing. I'm pretty sure changing your profile doesn't do anything to your profile completion date. Best bet is to not do anything until you have a VIN assigned (and then unfortunately have the mad dash to complete everything). I also don't think the EDD change is supply chain related. They are just terrible at estimating deliveries, for many reasons.

Edit: also, I made the same financing move to lock in rate back in Jan\Feb. Still don't have my car...

I was expecting the fall for my delivery based on everything in the forum here, but in May my EDD got moved up to July 15-August with the last batch update we all got and my SA confirmed it was good (they even said that is what they expected for my order). So when we got within 30 days of the window opening, the SA opened up my trade in and financing and they said it would not have any impacts - I was concerned it would since there was much discussion in this thread earlier that profile completion date can impact EDD as Jorge had even mentioned it to members before. Then after holding the current EDD for over a month, within 12 hours of finalizing my financing, which updated my profile completion date to June, I got a new EDD that is 4-6 months later. This was not part of a larger change in EDD for many of us at the same time as I would experience in the past so it was unique to my reservation. If it occurred 3-4 days after then or part of a larger batch update for us, I would see the two as separate but it seems way way too coincidental. And I may be 100% wrong but I can't get anyone at Tesla to actually check & confirm they are independent. I get the same "supply chain" response and that is what is frustrating me to the point where I think I would prefer to just keep my S and not worry about this EDD any longer as its making it a negative experience.

Reactions: Elixir
6/29 will be my 1 year order date anniversary. When I saw EAP for $6,000 I immediately added it to my order. To me, it gives me all the features I wanted from FSD for 1/2 the price. Curious to see how it may impact me current EDD of October 8 - December 3. Has anyone else added EAP and seen any account movement?
I added EAP and got a vin 2 days later. Not sure if coincidence. I was at 488 days of waiting so that may have been the larger factor.

How did you add EAP to existing Jun'21 order? I only see option to upgrade to FSD.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
How did to add EAP to existing Jun' 21 order ? I only see option to upgrade to FSD.

Dear Forum,
It has been an absolute pleasure and great learning experience to be part of this forum. So many knowledgeable people from all walks of the world gathering together with one thing in common, waiting for our X's! I am typically a lurker who likes to "like" and "love" posts, and it has definitely become part of my daily routine to read ALL the posts. Tomorrow is D day (Delivery Day). I am soo excited, yet very nervous in terms of the build quality.
Can someone be so kind as to link me to the check list spreadsheet, otherwise my excitement and the kid in me will just shadow my need to inspect every inch of the car. It is a 6 figure call after all. hahahaa. Thank you again!

Last edited:
Dear Forum,
It has been an absolute pleasure and great learning experience to be part of this forum. So many knowledgeable people from all walks of the world gathering together with one thing in common, waiting for our X's! I am typically a lurker who likes to "like" and "love" posts, and it has definitely become part of my daily routine to read ALL the posts. Tomorrow is D day (Delivery Day). I am soo excited, yet very nervous in terms of the build quality.
Can someone be so kind as to link me to the check list spreadsheet, otherwise my excitement and the kid in me will just shadow my need to inspect every inch of the car. It is a 6 figure call after all. hahahaa. Thank you again!
You said you will be with us til we all get our cars!! 😭

Reactions: EV3_ and Kitt9000