Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered June 2021 6 Seater LR white/white with FSD (WA State), third Telsla. Had the usual bumps Dec 21 to Jan - april 22, then July 22 and then Sept-Dec 22. My dates have finally narrowed but now its a specific date in late Oct to Early December 2022!!

Really feeling upset that this car keeps getting pushed out while others who ordered much later are getting theirs much sooner, even those with less expensive configurations!
I feel your frustration! I was a June order same as you. My dates jumped around exactly the same as yours. After worrying about all the estimated dates, we get a text out of the blue a couple weeks ago that said you have been assigned a vin - check your app to complete your pre delivery tasks. About three or four days later got another message saying schedule your delivery appointment. Three weeks back, the estimation had been Jan/February 😂 my point - do t read too much into the “placeholder” dates and keep the faith 👍🏼

picked up in the decatur sc today. vin 345xxx. MXP. showed up with a chrome trim piece on the front…

good thing is most everything else looked good. they had informed me this piece was mismatched and i could wait or pick up and then have it replaced as they already ordered the replacement piece.

but the SA was just as confused as to how this made it out of the factory.

32DBE775-1E15-4FD4-B0A4-87AAAFB30045.jpeg

................................................ Can somebody post the link to the tracking flowsheet so I can fill out the rest of the info?

Here it is:

picked up in the decatur sc today. vin 345xxx. MXP. showed up with a chrome trim piece on the front…

good thing is most everything else looked good. they had informed me this piece was mismatched and i could wait or pick up and then have it replaced as they already ordered the replacement piece.

View attachment 821978
220, 221, whatever it takes.

View attachment 821978
Your VIN is on or about June 6 production so, End of quarter push. Can't find a black one, use one from pre-refresh stock/parts. I am confident it was done for that reason.

Reactions: neo1738
I’m so sad today! Went to pick up my X and unfortunately it had a few issues. They are supposed to fix today/tomorrow and tentatively tomorrow I can pick up in the afternoon.
1. Front driver door not closing in completely and looks like it has a curve, if someone can check theirs against mine, please see picture with red circle.
2. Back passenger side door wouldn’t close.
3. Tailgate has big misalignment issue
4. Loose trim pieces
5.Manufactured in June, had 14 miles. Dirty inside vin 350xxx

7BE2E61B-DAF6-43E1-ABB6-99EB9F845121.jpeg
514E30CE-7F06-4645-81E6-D8B85FE53B0A.jpeg
830E90EF-FA71-4D70-96B7-1D9D83862E6D.jpeg
903D7BA4-DFDE-4451-8378-4F7FCC82B127.jpeg
A4891FFA-DBE2-465A-9014-4CD1A8E41652.jpeg
73168547-F849-47E1-8CB3-EB35D83DBDE1.jpeg

Took delivery today of my black/black/20/5 MXLR. The car had nine miles on the odometer. Everything went very smoothly at the Kennesaw SC. I found nothing requiring a service appointment and no cosmetic problems other than the car needs a good detailing. I drove the car home about 80 miles and had no error messages or other problems. When I arrived, I was given as much time as I wanted to inspect the car inside and out. I spent about 40 minutes going through everything. All in all, a good experience.

The car came with the tow package, charging cable, rear covers, etc.

As many of you may have read in my prior posts, this car had a 3407xx VIN and was manufactured in late April. I’m not sure why it took so long to deliver this car after it was built. However, it looks great.

The only disappointment is that the car does not have the tilt screen. I probably missed that new feature by only a few orders. I thought about rejecting the car because of this, but in the end I was pleased with everything else and the tilt screen is just not a big deal to me.

I’ll follow up with more info. I wish everyone who is still waiting the best of luck in getting your cars delivered.

By the way, the SC was very busy with the EOQ push.

Attachments

• 1482FBD1-1C2C-41AB-8795-AF53260CFFE7.jpeg
    1482FBD1-1C2C-41AB-8795-AF53260CFFE7.jpeg
    983.3 KB · Views: 74
Took delivery today of my black/black/20/5 MXLR. The car had nine miles on the odometer. Everything went very smoothly at the Kennesaw SC. I found nothing requiring a service appointment and no cosmetic problems other than the car needs a good detailing. I drove the car home about 80 miles and had no error messages or other problems. When I arrived, I was given as much time as I wanted to inspect the car inside and out. I spent about 40 minutes going through everything. All in all, a good experience.

The car came with the tow package, charging cable, rear covers, etc.

As many of you may have read in my prior posts, this car had a 3407xx VIN and was manufactured in late April. I’m not sure why it took so long to deliver this car after it was built. However, it looks great.

The only disappointment is that the car does not have the tilt screen. I probably missed that new feature by only a few orders. I thought about rejecting the car because of this, but in the end I was pleased with everything else and the tilt screen is just not a big deal to me.

I’ll follow up with more info. I wish everyone who is still waiting the best of luck in getting your cars delivered.

By the way, the SC was very busy with the EOQ push.
I have the swivel screen, its not as good as the anticipation. Its 3 positions. Left-Middle-Right. Would prefer something like in between left and middle, it would be better. why? The right side of the Yolk blocks the left side of the Nav map when its Left. Don't feel like you missed out, really. I don't know that we will use it much. Enjoy your ride,.

I’m so sad today! Went to pick up my X and unfortunately it had a few issues. They are supposed to fix today/tomorrow and tentatively tomorrow I can pick up in the afternoon.
1. Front driver door not closing in completely and looks like it has a curve, if someone can check theirs against mine, please see picture with red circle.
4. Loose trim pieces

View attachment 821997View attachment 821998View attachment 821999View attachment 822000View attachment 822001View attachment 822002
Those alignments look really bad. If I were you, I would reject this car tomorrow if it doesn’t look much better. When I picked up my MYLR a couple years ago, the passenger front door, the frunk and the rear hatch were misaligned. Not as bad as what were shown in your pictures. And model Y doors are simple compared to those of X. But even that they couldn’t fix perfectly. I’m not sure what they can do with yours. I wouldn’t tolerate this in $100k+ car.

4. Loose trim pieces

View attachment 821997View attachment 821998View attachment 821999View attachment 822000View attachment 822001View attachment 822002
That’s a definite reject for me. I don’t care what they say they'll fix. Your call though

View attachment 821978
That’s straight up embarrassing. They should never allow a car like that to leave the factory or much less be delivered. I get that it will be a relatively easy fix when the part comes in but……..come on Tesla?

I have a quick question. I had mine Blue/white LR ordered on 05/2021 and was 6/25~7/12 until last sunday. Now its pushed back and showing

Your Model X​

RN11562XXXX

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: September 10 - November 05​

I wanted Creme interior but I am told it could put me back into the queue and delay even further out.
I know its black box but anyone has an advice for me? I can't take risk getting pushed back even further to 2023s.

I have a quick question. I had mine Blue/white LR ordered on 05/2021 and was 6/25~7/12 until last sunday. Now its pushed back and showing

Your Model X​

RN11562XXXX

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: September 10 - November 05​

I wanted Creme interior but I am told it could put me back into the queue and delay even further out.
I know its black box but anyone has an advice for me? I can't take risk getting pushed back even further to 2023s.
So you want to change to cream?
It's a crapshoot when you'll get it. It might be sooner or later than ur white.