Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got notified that I can schedule delivery for my Model X Plaid even though I just placed my order last week. The original ETA was August to October, should I be worried someone refused delivery and I was just next in line or is it more likely that someone just cancelled their order. My VIN is 7SAXCBE6XNF3446** not sure if the car was built recently, hopefully it at least has the swivel screen. Also does the new X have the same taillights as the non refreshed model S? I know the headlights aren't the new matrix which is a bummer

Just got notified that I can schedule delivery for my Model X Plaid even though I just placed my order last week. The original ETA was August to October, should I be worried someone refused delivery and I was just next in line or is it more likely that someone just cancelled their order. My VIN is 7SAXCBE6XNF3446** not sure if the car was built recently, hopefully it at least has the swivel screen. Also does the new X have the same taillights as the non refreshed model S? I know the headlights aren't the new matrix which is a bummer
Seems like it would be a late May build.. good chance it has swivel but you’d have to confirm.

Might also have the mobile charger and fobs? Depends if they just leave it in the car from factory.

Last edited:
You can turn it on from the front screen and as long as back screen is on it will be showing the same thing. Swipe it down off the front screen and keeps playing for your kids in the back. Use this all the time. Obviously have to be parked to do it that way.

Another pro tip: go to audio balance and move the speaker balance fully to rear. Can talk to your spouse and the movie noise isn’t that noticeable at all but the kids can hear it well.
Thank you, that’s really good to know! I was just speculating based on what I’ve seen on YouTube video reviews as to how the system operates. I’ve never seen the inside of a refresh Model X in person, let alone got to play with the infotainment system…

Thank you, message sent.
There is a local ordersupport email address as well. In my case it is my city name in front of order support, [email protected]. If your service center has a commonly used name other than a city, it might be different. I was directed to them, to discuss local coordination issues and paperwork.

Reactions: goldenage
Just checked my order page and they put in on hold. Took it off hold. Just glad they know I’m still alive and want my car
Same just now happened to my order as well. Was excited to at least see some sort of a change, even though it’s not really an update. Same etd as before after clicking the “I’m ready” button.

I just got the "On Hold" email also. With my order delivery window starting August 18th, I was expecting to get one to confirm I wanted the car. It seems like like Tesla makes cars about 2 weeks before delivering, so I have been hoping my car would be built the first week of August or so. Another sign that the delivery ranges are somewhat accurate, much better than the days or March or July.

• Informative
Reactions: cjkosh and Kitt9000
Just got the on hold email. Clicked I’m ready and have the same EDD. The way this company is run is a complete joke. It is no doubt a corporate strategy to kill off lower priced orders. I want to get a flawless car and fall in love with it, but flipping it and making a quick $20-30k simply as a middle finger to Tesla is sounding more appealing with each passing day.

There is a local ordersupport email address as well. In my case it is my city name in front of order support, [email protected]. If your service center has a commonly used name other than a city, it might be different. I was directed to them, to discuss local coordination issues and paperwork.
I got a canned email response to “check my account.“ UGH. There is no information in regards to delivery location, and my local SC, which cannot do deliveries can’t really help with this either. Why is this so difficult?

Anyone ever see this accelerated delivery option? First time I’m seeing this.

Attachments

• 17921174-72C1-425A-A35C-88D6FDA8F73F.png
    17921174-72C1-425A-A35C-88D6FDA8F73F.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 07B50437-BFEB-439F-9D9F-BD90EECFF624.png
    07B50437-BFEB-439F-9D9F-BD90EECFF624.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 85
Just got the on hold email. Clicked I’m ready and have the same EDD. The way this company is run is a complete joke. It is no doubt a corporate strategy to kill off lower priced orders. I want to get a flawless car and fall in love with it, but flipping it and making a quick $20-30k simply as a middle finger to Tesla is sounding more appealing with each passing day.
We've never owned a Tesla, and after our experience waiting for our first one for over a year, with all of this BS, my wife has already sworn that this will be the first and last Tesla we ever buy. Of course we'll see if all of it is forgotten once she gets behind the wheel...

We've never owned a Tesla, and after our experience waiting for our first one for over a year, with all of this BS, my wife has already sworn that this will be the first and last Tesla we ever buy. Of course we'll see if all of it is forgotten once she gets behind the wheel...
She will change her mind… it’s a love hate relationship depending on the day.

My wife was out with the three kids and the 3 acted up — it had to be towed. Still letting me get the X. 😂