Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X Refresh. Day 536. Just got a firm-ish delivery date: this coming Saturday, July 30th at 10:30am. Or as we call it: 18-month Orderversary + 1 day, and counting :cool:

I also officially got a VIN today for the first time, though I was able to see it earlier in the draft MVPA, still at 7SAXCBE58NF3539XX.

Call me: Glass Half-Full And Fingers Crossed…
Which service center is your appointment at?

Reactions: stephenstohn
I ordered Mar 22 as well. LR, 6 seat, 20s, NO fsd. My date was originally the same Dec 22 to Mar 23, but to my surprise last week it updated to Sept 19-Oct 31. White on white must be helping me out?
Well this is fascinating. I ordered the same config exactly 12 months before you and have an EDD later than yours. I have to laugh or I’ll just cancel my order.

I took delivery of my model X plaid on Friday. It definitely drives better then my January build Model X plaid, it feels like everything is quieter and more stable. The screen tilting is cool.

It came with the charger but no keys.

Got the new charging port. I like the old charging port, was more low profile.

Autopilot set distance is limited to 2 car vs 1 car on my previous MXP. Definitely doesn’t autopilot as smoothly as my previous MXP. I know Elon stands by vision only but I don’t feel as safe as before.

No seat pockets.

Early MXP VS late MXP

Pros:
-Feels like a better build
-Tilting screen

Negatives:
-No radar
-Didn’t come with keys
-Bulkier charging port

Dude, I think you’re on your way to getting the car soon, I think that’s definitely a sign!!
We were asked about a trade it mid June. Then got the hold about a week ago followed by a shorter EDD at 3 weeks starting Aug 11. Hope all this means a VIN is coming soon. I’m about ready to lose my mind with all the delays and sharing one car.

Model X Refresh. Day 536. Just got a firm-ish delivery date: this coming Saturday, July 30th at 10:30am. Or as we call it: 18-month Orderversary + 1 day, and counting :cool:

I also officially got a VIN today for the first time, though I was able to see it earlier in the draft MVPA, still at 7SAXCBE58NF3539XX.

Call me: Glass Half-Full And Fingers Crossed…
Congratulations! Long time coming!

Feels like people are taking delivery and then not sharing photos and reviews of the delivery/driving experiences. I expect more from you internet strangers. I'm not mad, just disappointed.
Well I think maybe the whole “can’t believe I finally got it” moment is here and people are just enjoying the first week of how really great it truly is.

If anything, I can clearly say that the iX has nothing on the X. If Tesla can keep up the recent fit and finish, then it’s really not a fair comparison. The X is faster, has better UX (although iDrive is no slouch), can seat 7, way more storage space and a tow hitch. This is taking into account things on Tesla that you don’t find out of the box like Sentry Mode, Dash Cam, able to auto raise suspension near my driveway, auto Homelink and really so many more things.

If you can see past the circus show that is Elon Musk on twitter, and once you spend time in a Tesla, nothing comes close to the overall package.

I have a Lyriq reservation and a way early R1S. Let’s see how they stack up in the future.