Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they start to pour X all over US again after that eoq rush end few week of breathtakig but Europe and Asia seems to be black hole even information vice.

Day 260 and counting..

On European side, what is irritating most is that no contact, no information, nothing, just that stupid text "we will contact you when delivery of your car blaablaa"

At least, Tesla could give some rough EDD like to all Americans or Canucks to customers and give them some possibilities to schedule their plans with 2-4 month periods forward.

With this speed old order backlog has been chewed in maybe october 2022 and that's only 3 month forward from today.

I'm not in so rush with my order so if there is upgrades like matrix or mcu4 coming it's *sugar* the same to me at the end if the X is coming on october or january 2023, stucture pack 4680 inserted even mard 2023..

Reactions: Monark1954 and colo
So they start to pour X all over US again after that eoq rush end few week of breathtakig but Europe and Asia seems to be black hole even information vice.

Day 260 and counting..

On European side, what is irritating most is that no contact, no information, nothing, just that stupid text "we will contact you when delivery of your car blaablaa"

At least, Tesla could give some rough EDD like to all Americans or Canucks to customers and give them some possibilities to schedule their plans with 2-4 month periods forward.

With this speed old order backlog has been chewed in maybe october 2022 and that's only 3 month forward from today.

I'm not in so rush with my order so if there is upgrades like matrix or mcu4 coming it's *sugar* the same to me at the end if the X is coming on october or january 2023, stucture pack 4680 inserted even mard 2023..
Feel for you folks. My older son lives in London - he was going to order a new X Plaid. This was last calendar year. For some reason he wimped out and bought a 2019 XLR. Said he could not get his arms wrapped around the yoke. Whatever....
It was a long wait for me in Seattle but I have to tell you that the new X is an absolutely wonderful machine. Actually looks pretty good also. Just hang in there and you'll be a happy camper....

Picked her up a day early. Was apprehensive about what to expect but it was damn near perfect. Could only find 2-3 small blemishes to fix, alignment, seals, fit and finish looks pretty good.

No matrix headlights, swivel screen and no key fob or mobile charger.

Whatever angst I had after waiting 568 days is now a distant memory. With the recent feedback about fit and finish, I am cautiously optimistic that everyone will have a more positive experience!
Wait what? No mobile charger? I thought we (old orders) were grandfathered in?

I'm taking delivery in a few days. I have no charging solution ready, as I wanted to figure out exactly where I want to install my charger after having the car at my house.

This is concerning.

Reactions: NV4NV and Elixir

I'm taking delivery in a few days. I have no charging solution ready, as I wanted to figure out exactly where I want to install my charger after having the car at my house.

This is concerning.
I am really curious as to what the number of people who use mobile charger are. Elon says it wasn’t a lot and that’s why they stopped offering it. But I fall in the camp that uses the mobile charger everyday with a 14-50 attachment to charge my car. If they stop offering them totally I’ll have to keep the one I received with my Model Y. I’m not buying one when it used to be standard.

We have almost the exact same order except I have no FSD and May 21, 2021. EDD OF Aug 1-22.
I got an on hold email two days ago and a trade in text four days ago. I’m also in the same region-ish (northeast Ohio)
I got narrowed today as well 8/9–8/30. NY … shall I read into it? No vin.
Need other northeast folks to chime in; have to figure out travel around it so that I don’t miss delivery 14+ months.

Last edited:

This is concerning.
In terms of where to put your charger in a garage: You want to be near the garage doors, preferably towards the left side of the car.

- Near the garage doors allows you the opportunity to reach the back of a car that's in the driveway (eg, a guest car.)
- If you have a two door garage, between the two doors is best. Assumes your only electric car (for now, :cool: ) will be parked in the right slot (looking into garage from outside).
- If you have a 1 door garage, place it on the left side (looking into garage from outside).

These choices will give you maximum options to charge cars - assuming you drive into the garage and not backing in.

Relative to your circuit breaker panel: I would recommend you prioritize location as indicated above, versus ease of installation - you want to live with the charger location for the next XX years... so, it is worth it to place it in an easy to use, ergonomic height.

Need other northeast folks to chime in; have to figure out travel around it so that I don’t miss delivery 14+ months.
NY order as well. OOD June 2021. Dates have been holding at July 30 - August 19. Really hoping it’s sooner than later. I have a trip out of the country planned Aug 10-17 that I can’t cancel at this point and won’t cancel for a vehicle. For anyone that has given someone power of attorney to pickup their car how did that work? It may be my only option if I get a vin while I’m away.

Reactions: jkhanesq
NY order as well. OOD June 2021. Dates have been holding at July 30 - August 19. Really hoping it’s sooner than later. I have a trip out of the country planned Aug 10-17 that I can’t cancel at this point and won’t cancel for a vehicle. For anyone that has given someone power of attorney to pickup their car how did that work? It may be my only option if I get a vin while I’m away.
I am also a NY order with EDD of 8/6-8/27, but also on vaca last week in august. Will I be able to delay delivery for a week or two?

Odd- 6/21, LR red, 6 seat, blk in interior

Reactions: jkhanesq
So is it just me or does anybody else check their EDD like ten times a day for signs of movement? I’m not an OCD kind of person but I’m so impatient now. Coming up on Day 400
10 times a day? That's less than once an hour while awake. You're barely even checking 😄. I'm much higher than that, sadly... and only waiting about 6 weeks so far. To be fair my initial EDD was July-August and I wanted to stay on top of it to arrange loan, insurance, sell MYP, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: neo1738
Same here. Need to figure out delivery while I’m away if it does end up happening. It does seem deliveries are at the front end of the range. Perhaps, I’m seeing that because I want that to happen.

Reactions: nBar5EV1
I am also a NY order with EDD of 8/6-8/27, but also on vaca last week in august. Will I be able to delay delivery for a week or two?

Odd- 6/21, LR red, 6 seat, blk in interior
I’m in MD and having 8/5-8/26 from around 2 days ago. No vin.