Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just put a request in too for key fobs..they’re supposed to come today. I called the service advisor just to clarify that I didn’t get fobs even though I ordered in June 2021, and he seemed to understand and said once the mobile person sees the message they should be able to come and drop it off and the charge (currently says to program key fob for 35 bucks) should disappear once fobs are delivered. Hope this is true, let’s see. 🤞🏾
Just an update, the Tesla service people did drop off one key fob this morning without a charge, but when asked about two, they said they can give one only at this time. I dont think I’ll really be using the fob since the phone works so well, so not having two is not a big deal for me. At least as a data point for others who want to try a service appointment to see if they can at least one fob if one did not come with the vehicle.

Correct. Resale is very important to me for this purchase, and I'm not going to accept a 22 when 23s are now being produced. I've waited too long to take that kind of hit.
Not long ago, Tesla assigned me an old VIN. I tried rejecting it by calling 1-888-518-3752. I called 3 times and spoke with 3 different people. 1 of them told me I should be OK but 2 advised me that my order can be cancelled. So, I didn’t cancel it. So, you are really gambling with your order by canceling the VIN. Luckily for me that old VIN got removed and replaced with newer VIN. And the car that I got was great

I think he was being sarcastic lol. Anyways you can't push back or they will cancel your order. Tesla is doing anything right now to cancel the MX that are 30k cheaper than current price.
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but you're probably right. I'd honestly rather cancel than take a '22 at this stage. We've already seen at least one '23 VIN confirmed. If this was July or residual values were still as high as they were just a few weeks ago I'd throw caution to the wind, but considering I've never even driven an X and have other EVs on order I'm not going to risk the value tanking even further by taking one of the last '22s off the line.

Reactions: tierneyalvin