Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, just took the Tesla on a 2.5 mile drive to get me a coke at a gas station using nothing but FSD. On the drive there, it thought 20 MPH signs said 25, but otherwise handled well. However, it didn't make a turn on it's final destination and nearly missed the gas station had I not intervened. On the way back, it almost took me into oncoming traffic and immediately had to take over to make sure I didn't crash.

So yeah... first experience has me passing on FSD for the MX. Will definitely keep trying it out but far from being worth the 10K upgrade. I paid 2K for it back in the day, so it's not bad for 2K.

Last edited:
Well, just took the Tesla on a 2.5 mile drive to get me a coke at a gas station using nothing but FSD. On the drive there, it thought 20 MPH signs said 25, but otherwise handled well. However, it didn't make a turn on it's final destination and nearly missed the gas station had I not intervened. On the way back, it almost took me into incoming traffic and immediately had to take over to make sure I didn't crash.

So yeah... first experience has me passing on FSD for the MX. Will definitely keep trying it out but far from being worth the 10K upgrade. I paid 2K for it back in the day, so it's not bad for 2K.
I figure by the time I actually get my X FSD will be a lot more well trained by all you beta testers if they keep updating it every two weeks. I have a lot more hope now than I did three years ago that something that performs reasonably well could be less than a year away.

I figure by the time I actually get my X FSD will be a lot more well trained by all you beta testers if they keep updating it every two weeks. I have a lot more hope now than I did three years ago that something that performs reasonably well could be less than a year away.
This is a great point. It'll be interesting to see the evolution of FSD over the next few weeks/months until I get my MX delivered. So there is hope.

Reactions: Fulkth
I've got a quirk where I prefer even numbered year cars. What would be the best way to delay delivery until I get a '22 model year? You get one pass on a delivery and then the next one is "take it or leave it?' This car is for a second home any ways and I won't start driving it until next summer.
For your reading pleasure:

Have people not seen the white with cream interior? Why would anyone think that combination is a good idea?
Well lol I've sat in a MS Plaid white/cream, and it's pretty classy. Not nearly as bad as you may think, and the wood comes across very high quality IMO. This wouldn't be my personal choice, but it still looks good to me! :)

Well, just took the Tesla on a 2.5 mile drive to get me a coke at a gas station using nothing but FSD. On the drive there, it thought 20 MPH signs said 25, but otherwise handled well. However, it didn't make a turn on it's final destination and nearly missed the gas station had I not intervened. On the way back, it almost took me into oncoming traffic and immediately had to take over to make sure I didn't crash.

I’m sure there is no recognition of “gas stations” in the neural net as Teslas don’t go there!

/s

Marina Del Rey. I am not alone in my delivery delay woes!! I have basically default everything but 6" seats and FSD.
Hopefully they’re just going from northern CA to southern CA and not because of a shortage in white seats. I also originally booked with 6 seats and FSD. If no shortage, my gut feeling is that I’ll get a VIN very soon based on original order date.