Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would expect Tesla to offer more paint colors as soon as they aren't constrained by factory capacity and start running up against their battery production limit. Right now, it's not worth the extra line delays for changeovers.

I'm just surprised they haven't started selling wraps for $7500 lol

Got a 2nd call. asking to switch from 5 to 6. Guess my first no was not strong enough.
Super friendly guy.
What I learned:
They have an abundance of Seats to put in the 6 seater ready to rock.
He hates the intermittent wipers as much as I do. Both of us wondered why such an easy technology escapes Tesla's grasp.
He wishes they would incorporate Apple Car Play.
5's and 7's should start delivering in January.

What are our thoughts on the new Tesla colors? The "Deep Crimson Multicoat" is almost deep purple/red and a personal favorite. I don't know about you but if these color options are offered in the next few months I would absolutely update my order and move to the back of the line :)

View attachment 727238
If you don't know what I am talking about, check out Ryan Shaw's video at 4:15
After seeing a rather rare platinum Model X on the street today, the more variety the better. I'm thinking school bus yellow since I'm always taking my kids everywhere, but would love to see a Cayenne metallic Orange as well.

Got a 2nd call. asking to switch from 5 to 6. Guess my first no was not strong enough.
Super friendly guy.
What I learned:
He hates the intermittent wipers as much as I do. Both of us wondered why such an easy technology escapes Tesla's grasp.
I am amazed you got a second call and I haven’t gotten any call....

Reactions: 1pinhigh and TWENT2
I wonder if they actually just wanted to run one floorpan/wiring harness configuration for a few months to make startup easier.

I have decided that I will order when they offer a 40/20/40 second row in Model X, and enjoy my slow car with its vertical screen and stupid round steering wheel and stalks and door handles and chrome and crappy charge speed for as long as it takes for that to happen or until Tesla fully opens the SC network to something more compelling

2025 gonna be a fun year when all the first-year Refresh people are looking to upgrade before the warranty runs out lol

Super friendly guy.
What I learned:
What about Plaid??!!! To all the LR's out there (who were much smarter than me when deciding what to buy based on value per dollar), if you get The Call, please throw us a bone and just slip in a question about Plaid deliveries. Maybe something like: "Welllll, I don't really want the six seater, but how does a five seat Plaid upgrade grab you? Any chance I'll get that in 2021....?"

Reactions: TWENT2
Is that confirmed?
The video just showed Elon's tweet saying that the most advanced paint shop is in Berlin. Not that new colors are exclusive to Texas. It also showed a Crimson MS at Fremont.
I don't know much about paint or why only an "advanced" paint shop could make new colors but I feel like it should be as easy as loading a different color paint into the sprayer.
Yes I meant Berlin sorry

What about Plaid??!!! To all the LR's out there (who were much smarter than me when deciding what to buy based on value per dollar), if you get The Call, please throw us a bone and just slip in a question about Plaid deliveries. Maybe something like: "Welllll, I don't really want the six seater, but how does a five seat Plaid upgrade grab you? Any chance I'll get that in 2021....?"

When I went to the factory on that Saturday where they started delivering Model Xs, I spoke to a manager in sales and delivery ops. He mentioned to me that LRs will come first, followed by Plaids because "Plaids are still waiting on regulatory approvals." I imagine they changed some chips on the Plaids and need to re-certify it with the FCC as a different type of RF emitter.

When I went to the factory on that Saturday where they started delivering Model Xs, I spoke to a manager in sales and delivery ops. He mentioned to me that LRs will come first, followed by Plaids because "Plaids are still waiting on regulatory approvals." I imagine they changed some chips on the Plaids and need to re-certify it with the FCC as a different type of RF emitter.
This was big news too. Thank you. Also makes sense because I read on a recent article that EPA filings were only filed for the LR recently not the plaid. Not sure if it makes any difference or correlates. But things are moving for the LR more so than the plaid.

Someone has a Nov 1-11 EDD on Twitter! (I was wrong)

Edit: False alarm, its a Model S. Man, its like I have the model X on the brain or something
I'll be taking delivery the evening of November 6th currently, I shall try to answer anyone's questions when I get it if there are any. Of course the date could change still.

Screenshot_20211029-165556~3.png