Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The NEMA 14-50 adapter no longer comes with the cars. You still get the NEMA 5-15 (household 120V) adapter with the mobile connector, as well as the J1772 adapter. I believe Tesla is encouraging new owners to install Wall Connectors for home charging, but you can still buy the NEMA 14-50 adapter in the on-line store. Personally, I bought the adapter "variety pack" when it was in stock...I have NEMA 14-50 outlets in my garage and I feel kinda naked when I go on a road trip without every adapter I can possibly have.

Bruce.
I think the NEMA 14-50 outlets for a garage is a great solution. Have you ever tried with a 60 amp breaker (and proper wiring #6 I think) that should give you 11.5 Kw? I swear I found one in a campground that had 11.5 output.

Hi folks,

want to give a quick update on the car. I guess it is similar to the new S where the yoke needs some time to get used to. I thought the build quality was much better than I anticipated. For instance, the front and falcon door handle alignment is very good. There was an instance of disabled air compressor with warning message, but disappears after a hard power off.

I won't say the third row is anywhere close to spacious but the second row can be adjusted forward. In this case if its not for little ones, I feel that the 6-seater may provide a better 3rd row experience because the passengers can at least put their legs in the middle. Also, to fold the 3rd row I first press a button to fold the headset, and then manually fold the body, I was hoping it can be fully automatic given its price range.

Also found it annoyed that we can't seen to zoom in the navigation map. Still can't figure out if the currently offered weather mat is compatible with the 2021 version. Tried reaching out to Tesla but did not get any response yet.

I have gotten several PMs on asking more pictures so I will try to share some later.
Can you confirm if the third row seats have LATCH/ISOFIX connectors for car seats?

Hi folks,

want to give a quick update on the car. I guess it is similar to the new S where the yoke needs some time to get used to. I thought the build quality was much better than I anticipated. For instance, the front and falcon door handle alignment is very good. There was an instance of disabled air compressor with warning message, but disappears after a hard power off.

I won't say the third row is anywhere close to spacious but the second row can be adjusted forward. In this case if its not for little ones, I feel that the 6-seater may provide a better 3rd row experience because the passengers can at least put their legs in the middle. Also, to fold the 3rd row I first press a button to fold the headset, and then manually fold the body, I was hoping it can be fully automatic given its price range.

Also found it annoyed that we can't seen to zoom in the navigation map. Still can't figure out if the currently offered weather mat is compatible with the 2021 version. Tried reaching out to Tesla but did not get any response yet.

I have gotten several PMs on asking more pictures so I will try to share some later.
Also can you confirm the mileage you're getting with what Wheels 20 or 22's

Hi folks,

This probably cannot be said enough... But thank you for coming back to talk with us lowly "Waiters" even though you've graduated to being an "owner" you are, and will forever be Our Hero!

Haha yeah just throwing a data point out for my Plaid peeps
For your reading pleasure:

I am miserable at math but somehow got to the top eschelons of several corporations and do my own taxes well ahead of the MBAs I know.

I have always liked odd numbers just as Nikola Tesla did. You my recall he did all things in multiples of three. Always stayed on the 3,6,9th floor of hotels etc. Plus having lived in Japan where even numbers are unlucky, particularly multiples of 4, I steer away from them. The symbols for deaths is the same as 4. So a “dozen” eggs in Japan has 10 eggs.

So that why I ordered a 5 seater and I could possibly do a 6, maybe in honor of Nikola.

I think the NEMA 14-50 outlets for a garage is a great solution. Have you ever tried with a 60 amp breaker (and proper wiring #6 I think) that should give you 11.5 Kw? I swear I found one in a campground that had 11.5 output.

Short answer, no, I haven't. You'd probably be looking at a Tesla wall connector for a solution like that...the NEMA 14-50 outlet isn't supposed to be used for that much current (40 amps continuous max.).

Another thing I forgot to mention is that you probably only want to do the "NEMA 14-50 in garage" solution if you can leave your mobile connector plugged in most of the time. For the most part, those outlets aren't designed to have plugs inserted and removed on a daily basis. I suspect this is one of the reasons that Tesla wants new owners to just install hard-wired Wall Connectors. My Universal Mobile Connector (version 1) and its 14-50 adapter stay plugged in all the time, except when I bring them on road trips.

For those interested in this subject, there's a lot more about charging in other parts of TMC, written by people more knowledgeable / qualified than me. For example, in these forums:

Bruce.

Nema 14-50 with Tesla mobile connector limits to 32A, 8KW max, no matter if breaker is 60A or more. To get the 11KW you mention, you need the Wall Charger, which then runs 48A at 11KW.

Nema 14-50 with Tesla mobile connector limits to 32A, 8KW max, no matter if breaker is 60A or more. To get the 11KW you mention, you need the Wall Charger, which then runs 48A at 11KW.
Or you can get 40A from the corded connector Tesla sells on Their website

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I am miserable at math but somehow got to the top eschelons of several corporations and do my own taxes well ahead of the MBAs I know.

I have always liked odd numbers just as Nikola Tesla did. You my recall he did all things in multiples of three. Always stayed on the 3,6,9th floor of hotels etc. Plus having lived in Japan where even numbers are unlucky, particularly multiples of 4, I steer away from them. The symbols for deaths is the same as 4. So a “dozen” eggs in Japan has 10 eggs.

So that why I ordered a 5 seater and I could possibly do a 6, maybe in honor of Nikola.
Yeah but then you can only carry 4 (unlucky) passengers. I will be able to carry 5 (lucky) passengers in mine.