Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just created an account to add that my SA in San Diego has no information whatsoever. I asked if there was a chance I could take delivery before 12/20, because I’m traveling for the holidays, and she had no idea they even offered people the 6 seat to get early delivery.
That’s honestly unbelievable. I mean I don’t expect them to know more than us with the way Tesla keeps them informed, but not less! How have they not sent out any internal emails with a brief update..: “Hello SAs, in case you hear any customers inquiring about the change to 6-seat for earlier delivery, please let them know they will receive a call from us.” Done. Elon give me my 1 bitcoin per year salary as your new internal communications director. I mean honestly it’s nuts. I recall on this forum a few days after the first deliveries some of you mentioned their SA’s didn’t even know any deliveries had occurred yet! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️😵‍💫

That’s honestly unbelievable. I mean I don’t expect them to know more than us with the way Tesla keeps them informed, but not less! How have they not sent out any internal emails with a brief update..: “Hello SAs, in case you hear any customers inquiring about the change to 6-seat for earlier delivery, please let them know they will receive a call from us.” Done. Elon give me my 1 bitcoin per year salary as your new internal communications director. I mean honestly it’s nuts. I recall on this forum a few days after the first deliveries some of you mentioned their SA’s didn’t even know any deliveries had occurred yet! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️😵‍💫
I agree. Tesla can easily do a better job of keeping SAs informed. That being said, if I were an SA I would be aware of forums and try and proactively know what’s happening in my company.

This speaks to the ineptitude of Tesla management. They are not a customer centric company. There is no motivation due to the volume of buyers for Tesla to care what their choices and decisions due to customers. The Tesla fanboys act is the feedback from Elon is all that is needed. The company is too big and too diverse for one very distracted figurehead to be the main source of knowledge and information for the public from his Twitter account. There are divisions and those divisions have presidents, vice presidents, directors and any of them should be able to communicate what’s happening within their division to their customers. But Tesla doesn’t work that way. Any other company that has to deal with the general public for customers understand the give-and-take of that relationship. They understand they have a responsibility to the customer. If shipments are going to be late they informed the customer, if parts won’t be installed on delivered vehicles, they inform the customer. If outside forces Are impacting their production processes, they inform the customers. Tesla does not care that you need to perhaps rework your lease because your car is not ready, they don’t care that you went out and secured a car loan thinking you were getting your vehicle in 60 days or less, they don’t care that you need to make your purchase before the end of 2021 or else you suffered significant financial penalties. They don’t care! If you don’t take delivery, someone else is behind you to take it.

I agree. Tesla can easily do a better job of keeping SAs informed. That being said, if I were an SA I would be aware of forums and try and proactively know what’s happening in my company.
My SA actually told me in August to stop asking him. “I know nothing, they tell us nothing. When Elon Tweets we’ll both know what’s going on“.

Also saw that post on XHS, more details about the timeline:
03/2021 ordered
10/20/2021 got the VIN 1, got the call the same day about the delivery on 10/22.
10/21/2021 got the call said the delivery got cancelled, VIN 1 disappeared.
11/10/2021 got the VIN 2, got the call the same day for delivery on 11/15/2021, VIN 2 is different from VIN 1.
I have heard of other cases where Tesla has done this as well. This would be incredibly inconvenient for many. At least for me I need a VIN for my loan as well as for my insurance.

Reactions: Fulkth
This speaks to the ineptitude of Tesla management. They are not a customer centric company. There is no motivation due to the volume of buyers for Tesla to care what their choices and decisions due to customers. The Tesla fanboys act is the feedback from Elon is all that is needed. The company is too big and too diverse for one very distracted figurehead to be the main source of knowledge and information for the public from his Twitter account. There are divisions and those divisions have presidents, vice presidents, directors and any of them should be able to communicate what’s happening within their division to their customers. But Tesla doesn’t work that way. Any other company that has to deal with the general public for customers understand the give-and-take of that relationship. They understand they have a responsibility to the customer. If shipments are going to be late they informed the customer, if parts won’t be installed on delivered vehicles, they inform the customer. If outside forces Are impacting their production processes, they inform the customers. Tesla does not care that you need to perhaps rework your lease because your car is not ready, they don’t care that you went out and secured a car loan thinking you were getting your vehicle in 60 days or less, they don’t care that you need to make your purchase before the end of 2021 or else you suffered significant financial penalties. They don’t care! If you don’t take delivery, someone else is behind you to take it.
And this is why the best thing that can happen to Tesla is to get real competition. Until then, they have little incentive to treat customers well.

Reactions: retco and Fulkth
I am fortunate to own an ICE that I have been driving since January, when I sold my MX. However, through all this fracas, I broke down and bought a plaid MS. I drove it less than two weeks only to verify that my true love, indeed, was the MX. So, I sold the MS in July. In Missouri, if you sell a vehicle and buy a new one within 180 days, you can apply the sale of the prior vehicle as a credit against sales tax. Big dollars.

I don't give a *sugar* if I get my car in December, January or February. Well, that's not true, I do care a little. But, if I don't get it by January 3rd, I will miss the opportunity to basically not pay sales tax. Like I said, big dollars.

From what I recall, I think the purchase order is completed when you get a VIN. It's hard to believe I won't at least have a VIN by end of December. If not, what do you all think about asking my SA to date my purchase order to some date prior to January 3? I very much don't expect they will be able to play with paperwork, but after all the *sugar* we've all been through, sure would be nice if they'd throw me a bone....

They’re delivering 1 car per week and only in CA…. At this rate we’ll have our cars in 2025
No! Not true, at that pace, we will have our cars in 2029!!! You didn't consider that by 2025 people like Fulkth and jboy210 will be ordering again... and they will be in the queue again!!!

Of course, since I will never change to a 6 seater, they will be getting their second order before we even get our current ordered cars.... 😁😁😁

This right here... If I'm an SA, you can bet your ass I'd be paying attention to forums and Twitter to get information. I'd probably also try and get some answers from leadership as to why nothing is being communicated with the SAs. It's honestly a joke.

Reactions: retco
Beautiful sight!

Attachments

• FF2ECB42-A5F8-4508-8CF5-6EC5A8AFA5C7.png
    FF2ECB42-A5F8-4508-8CF5-6EC5A8AFA5C7.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
At the airport here in Austin I’ve only seen Chargepoint chargers in the parking garage. They charge by the minute so you can’t practically leave it plugged in and fly.

The last time I flew for a few weeks I turned off the sentry and overheat to conserve battery. I parked at the charger with my adapter in the charging port. I’m not sure if I would have been able to start the chargepoint if my battery ran out but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I have heard the Park and Fly lots have an electric car area where the attendant will rotate through and charge the cars.
My primary airport Detroit (DTW) has charge point for free. Was wondering if I happen to have a week planned out of the country in the winter could I leave it plugged in.

Reactions: SteveinATX
This right here... If I'm an SA, you can bet your ass I'd be paying attention to forums and Twitter to get information. I'd probably also try and get some answers from leadership as to why nothing is being communicated with the SAs. It's honestly a joke.
What is their comp structure like? They told me they don’t get commission.

I wonder what their incentive is to monitor forums other than the feeling of being a great employee and human being.

Reactions: Tezhed9802