Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah.... but I recorded my conversation after he said, "This conversation may be recorded for quality assurance" for this EXACT reason.

If I do not take delivery this year, I will be switching back to 7 seats and not losing my place in line or paying higher base price.

But... I really want to take delivery this year!

Did you read your sales contract? Salesperson representations cannot be relied upon as beach of contract. Only what's written and agreed upon. Tesla will just say that they estimated year end and no enofrceable promises were made.

tldr: You agreed to the $6500 extra without written promise to deliver. Good luck.

Did you read your sales contract? Salesperson representations cannot be relied upon as beach of contract. Only what's written and agreed upon. Tesla will just say that they estimated year end and no enofrceable promises were made.

tldr: You agreed to the $6500 extra without written promise to deliver. Good luck.

Eh, we're all fearing the worst, but secretly hoping for the best.

It has to be the airbag recall. They didn’t want to push out volume they’d have to immediately recall anyway so they staged them and probably didn’t install the airbags in them.

Once they get the new airbags in they can “finish” those vehicles and deliver a big batch to us.

This is the fantasy land full of hopium that I’m choosing to live in anyway.

Eh, we're all fearing the worst, but secretly hoping for the best.
From day one since the 6 seats end of the year delivery promise, made my decision not to switch, Tesla not good at time promise, and there was no guarantee it will happen, Evan when they call me , the guy told me 6 seats December, otherwise will be January , which I never believed neither date

Reactions: kp2021 and MxTaycan
Just created an account to add that my SA in San Diego has no information whatsoever. I asked if there was a chance I could take delivery before 12/20, because I’m traveling for the holidays, and she had no idea they even offered people the 6 seat to get early delivery.

Reactions: Fulkth
Just created an account to add that my SA in San Diego has no information whatsoever. I asked if there was a chance I could take delivery before 12/20, because I’m traveling for the holidays, and she had no idea they even offered people the 6 seat to get early delivery.
Same response from my SA when I asked. Since I've been trying to reach Zan for over a month now and getting dead air from multiple attempts, I reached out to my SA for help. She said that she had no idea what I was talking about, therefore had no ability to do anything. AAARRRGGGHHHH

Reactions: Fulkth
Ditto. I've had a wall charger since 2017. It doesn't care about the VIN of the car plugged into it. Why should it? What you pay on your electricity bill to charge your X/S/3/Y means nothing to Tesla. They have zero financial interest at stake. You're paying PG&E, Georgia Power in my case, Tesla doesn't have a dog or a nickel in that transaction. Requiring a VIN to allow a wall charger to charge up any Tesla makes zero sense. It just ain't so.
I think the only reason for them to do it would be to sell more chargers (if they even care about that). I'm thinking of it as a feature though and not specifically for VIN matching but just restricting to certain vehicles in general.

I just bought a Juice Box instead of a Tesla wall charger for my vacation rental (mounting it outside) because with the Juice Box and EVMatch, I can actually restrict usage of my charger to just guests. Then when I don't have guests, I can open up my charger to people with the EVMatch app and charge them for usage. I would have loved to get another Tesla Wall charger but they don't support this kind of use case.

I would imagine there are others out there that want to put a Tesla charger outside (at condos, etc) but are concerned that someone else will use it. It would be good for them if there was a mechanism to ensure only their car was able to use it.

I think the only reason for them to do it would be to sell more chargers (if they even care about that). I'm thinking of it as a feature though and not specifically for VIN matching but just restricting to certain vehicles in general.

I just bought a Juice Box instead of a Tesla wall charger for my vacation rental (mounting it outside) because with the Juice Box and EVMatch, I can actually restrict usage of my charger to just guests. Then when I don't have guests, I can open up my charger to people with the EVMatch app and charge them for usage. I would have loved to get another Tesla Wall charger but they don't support this kind of use case.

I would imagine there are others out there that want to put a Tesla charger outside (at condos, etc) but are concerned that someone else will use it. It would be good for them if there was a mechanism to ensure only their car was able to use it.
I have the JuiceBox too. How do you restrict use of it to just you and guests? Thanks in advance!

Not always true and everyone has different financial options. As long as the interest rate is low then the buyer may benefit more having less out of pocket monthly costs and investing the difference. Obviously has its own risks but over 84 months and assuming normal diversified investment selections then they would probably outperform the difference. Basically be careful with blanket statements.
A car loan rate of 1.24% is impressive. has anyone gotten his Tesla from DCU with this rate? It seems one can join DCU by getting a membership of the Free Software foundation. Can anyone share his experience with DCU?

Reactions: Mineobi
I had to have a sub panel installed with two 60A breakers. The electric meter is on the outside wall, so the electrician had to drill through the wall to install the sub panel on the interior garage wall. One of the connectors is right next to the sub panel. For the other, they had to run conduit up to the ceiling and over to the other garage bay. It was $3000 for the install, plus the cost of the wall connectors. There were not enough slots in my electric meter to install new breakers directly. If you have open slots in your meter, you may be able to save the cost of the sub panel installation.
Sound good. Thank you for the information. I have a few slots available in my panel. I have 2 garages both separate entries, I am planning to install in the other garage. My charger was delivered yesterday(Within 1 day). Hope they had the same delivery time for Tesla cars.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
A car loan rate of 1.24% is impressive. has anyone gotten his Tesla from DCU with this rate? It seems one can join DCU by getting a membership of the Free Software foundation. Can anyone share his experience with DCU?
I’ve gotten a few car loans through DCU. It was fine overall but the catch is to get the lowest rate, you have to do direct deposit to their checking account. That doesn’t work for everyone, myself included.

Don't feel bad, my SA and Tesla reps at the delivery center knew nothing about the refresh X, only generic Model X info. They are all definitely out of the loop on the refresh decisions being made, just as much as we are.

Reactions: Tezhed9802
Some of you may have already seen:

I love that if you add more expensive features you get it sooner…. And if you order the more expensive plaid you get it way sooner…… at some point the lines got blurred between the “increasing sustainability mission” and “maximizing profits” just like any other corporation.

Reactions: Elixir and jbrowdy