Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking for a place here in Jacksonville Florida that does the protective film and went to one of their facebook pages. They are located right next to the Tesla service center where I am picking up my car hopefully on the 29th. On their Facebook page they showed a picture of the identical car I am getting that just arrived at Tesla. I went by there this morning to see if it was mine and it is not.

Reactions: ductordoc
@kingjones94 I’m with ya. Ordered a day after you and an original 6 seater and I’ve got crickets on my app, that’s it crickets.
Not sure if this has been mentioned already. But it seems as they are fulfilling those that converted to the "6 seaters" first since there was a verbal promise that the conversion will give them a car by this year. Then move down the line to the original 6 seaters? Just a thought.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already. But it seems as they are fulfilling those that converted to the "6 seaters" first since there was a verbal promise that the conversion will give them a car by this year. Then move down the line to the original 6 seaters? Just a thought.
I thought the same but that’s ridiculous. A money grab at best. Should deliver to who was first in line especially the amount of time people have been waiting. They could’ve said switch to 6 seat and get it sooner they should’ve never attached a timeframe to it while pushing ppl who already had 6 seats backwards. Sure I know some ppl have gotten theirs with original 6 seats but those seems like 95% 2020 orders. Tesla needs to do better lol

It’s all about them, not the customer. Their day will come, and when it does, many people here will remember this experience. Unfortunately, they are shooting themselves in the foot with these kinds of moves.
Yep. I am really enjoying my Volvo XC40. As the competition gets closer to Tesla's capabilities, this Plaid X may well be the last Tesla I buy. My wife has been looking at the Taycan and is interested in the Mach E as well. She's not ready to ditch her MS quite yet but she is open to a non-Tesla EV.

Nothing really new here. Tesla always has a tremendous push to get all their production delivered by EOQ, and especially by EOY. They have spent a lot of money to get those cars produced, and need to have them delivered in that time period to recognize the revenue. Only way they can show a profit to the shareholders.
Buyers often need to shuffle things around, but the pressure on Tesla to get everything delivered this year is expected.

I thought the same but that’s ridiculous. A money grab at best. Should deliver to who was first in line especially the amount of time people have been waiting. They could’ve said switch to 6 seat and get it sooner they should’ve never attached a timeframe to it while pushing ppl who already had 6 seats backwards. Sure I know some ppl have gotten theirs with original 6 seats but those seems like 95% 2020 orders. Tesla needs to do better lol
I thought I hit the delivery lottery when I heard they were starting with 6 seaters and then when they started to prioritize changed orders over original orders I was bummed. Logically speaking (and I know most companies don’t run that way), they should have said if you want to switch to a 6 seater you will get it before the 5/7 but after the original 6 seat orders.

Nothing really new here. Tesla always has a tremendous push to get all their production delivered by EOQ, and especially by EOY. They have spent a lot of money to get those cars produced, and need to have them delivered in that time period to recognize the revenue. Only way they can show a profit to the shareholders.
Buyers often need to shuffle things around, but the pressure on Tesla to get everything delivered this year is expected.
It seemed to have changed per Elon's recent comments to not overspend to try to deliver by end of a quarter and drain the next quarter. I suspect these take it now or let someone else locally buy the vehicle messages are part of this new strategy. As it is the lowest cost solution.

I thought I hit the delivery lottery when I heard they were starting with 6 seaters and then when they started to prioritize changed orders over original orders I was bummed. Logically speaking (and I know most companies don’t run that way), they should have said if you want to switch to a 6 seater you will get it before the 5/7 but after the original 6 seat orders.
^ 100% should’ve said this. But they figured if we can make money from them converting while still making money from original 6 seaters why not. I’m sure a ton of people switched which makes me angry because it probably really will be February before we get a car lol 😒

It’s all about them, not the customer. Their day will come, and when it does, many people here will remember this experience. Unfortunately, they are shooting themselves in the foot with these kinds of moves.
For sure. I’m definitely keeping mental notes of all of this. They won’t always be the only game in town. As soon as the competition catches up or even gets close (and they will), I am out. This entire experience has been crap. For those of you saying you’ll forget all about it when you get the car.. I won’t.

Nope. I’m a January prerefresh order that changed to a 6 seat config when I got “the call”. No love for me either. Their allocations for the X seem even more random than usual for Tesla. I see no pattern at all. Of the people on our spreadsheet, I am the third black car and the second Black with a white interior. I’m on the west coast. You’d think I’d have a VIN by now. Crickets here though

For sure. I’m definitely keeping mental notes of all of this. They won’t always be the only game in town. As soon as the competition catches up or even gets close (and they will), I am out. This entire experience has been crap. For those of you saying you’ll forget all about it when you get the car.. I won’t.
Just be lucky you didn't get the Ford Lightning e-mail.. $30K if you want to be one of the first 250 deliveries. $5K if you want to be in the first 10% of deliveries. Not interested in either? Not sure if/when you'll get a car. Ford isn't even trying to hide their extortion.

Just be lucky you didn't get the Ford Lightning e-mail.. $30K if you want to be one of the first 250 deliveries. $5K if you want to be in the first 10% of deliveries. Not interested in either? Not sure if/when you'll get a car. Ford isn't even trying to hide their extortion.
Interesting. I didn't get an email saying this and I'm a "minute 1" order.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Nope. I’m a January prerefresh order that changed to a 6 seat config when I got “the call”. No love for me either. Their allocations for the X seem even more random than usual for Tesla. I see no pattern at all. Of the people on our spreadsheet, I am the third black car and the second Black with a white interior. I’m on the west coast. You’d think I’d have a VIN by now. Crickets here though
You’ll probably get a vin by the end of December. Most likely well before any of us

I said the same thing when I got my M3. Here I am.... waiting on my MX. Next up: CT.
But you did go and look at the EQS. So you are at least non-Tesla curious. My guess is you did that because of how you have been treated by Tesla lately.

It will still take a few years for the competition to get close to Tesla when it comes to range, performance, and price, but they will do so. At that point, Tesla will need to fix this or people will vote with their wallets.

Reactions: jbrowdy and croman
Have there been any Plaid deliveries (or VINs assigned) yet? I have been browsing and I'm only seeing LR with confirmed deliveries/VINs. Which is odd because with the Model S, they definitely seem to be pushing out Plaid models quicker than the LR models. There are currently a bunch of Plaid Model S in Existing Inventory in my area.

Reactions: zapparino
Interesting. I didn't get an email saying this and I'm a "minute 1" order.
DFB1AC9A-C5D8-4F04-815C-042EA895F985.png

Attachments

• 818EA41F-208A-4A23-8D63-E4763B38BA6B.png
    818EA41F-208A-4A23-8D63-E4763B38BA6B.png
    761 KB · Views: 56
This sound like you sent them a message that caused them to think you might not be available or ready to take delivery around the 29th. Based on that, their approach sounds reasonable. If one cannot finish the purchase in 3 days then they should give it to someone in the huge crowd of buyers waiting in line with money in hand, and have waited as year or longer.
I strongly disagree, after waiting for almost a year with little to no contact it is unconscionable for Tesla to expect us to drop everything and turn on a dime. People have to organize insurance, figure out what to do with there current vehicle if they have one, and others need to secure a loan. I am fortunate that I live on the other side of the country. Being in Massachusetts I will have plenty of time to adjust to Teslas “hey we got your car ready” communication. It will take five days for the car typically to cross the country. But those who live close by don’t have that natural buffer of time. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Tesla to give order holders seven business days to get their affairs in order and pick up their car. It’s not like they were providing us timely information letting us know we are 90 days, 60 days, 30 days out from delivery. It’s hi, your car is ready come get it now or else. It’s almost like we the customer are the least important part of the Tesla equation.