Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My two cents from now until end of the year is that VINs will be assigned to those places where deliveries can be made before end of year… that means that logistics will decide who gets a VIN based on location and not necessarily based on “date of order placement”… meaning we will see lucky people getting it before many of us.
Also, if we consider that this blog is only about 2% of the total orders, every time one of us gets a VIn it means that 50 more orders got one… so 4 VINs in this chat per day are 200 Vins assigned daily…

Reactions: colo and ironwill96
Update as to why I got a ViN when my order date is 8/1/21. This car was at delivery site and previous customer “couldn’t get financing in order” so they assigned to me since I was next match for that site and build. They said they of course must deliver before end of year so if I don’t want it they will assign to someone else.
If the vehicle was already at SC in your region, the line jump makes sense. They’re not going to put the car on another truck.

Reactions: n.one.one
Anyone got the delivery actually got the $2000 deduction?
I haven’t taken delivery yet, but my car is paid for and heading to Michigan. The 2k credit shows up as ”order adjustment“ credit. My adjustment is 4K as I also had FSD on my order for 8k in October 2020, so they included the credit for that in the same line.

Attachments

• 9F5D9480-9A3D-486F-8501-8AD01EFE8677.jpeg
    9F5D9480-9A3D-486F-8501-8AD01EFE8677.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 71