Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted previously about getting a VIN for my Model X LR MSM 6 door FSD that I ordered on 8/1/21. I got the VIN 7 days ago and I took delivery today. I was told previous person car was assigned had their financing fall through and I was next person to match the build.

Car is immaculate. Can identify no issues whatsoever. Not a single scratch. It’s like a space ship. I am coming from a Model 3 (now going to be my spouses) and the only thing that I noticed is a quiet whining sound coming from front engine when driving or accelerating. Only time I heard this in my Model 3 was when rear seats were folded down since mine was RWD. Don’t know if anyone has ever experienced this whining sound.

Couple of random facts: it is a 2022 and it came with the new AMD Ryzen chip.
no engine inside tho 🤔

Finally got a couple answers out of my advisor today but still don’t quite believe them to be true based on how much we believe them to know.

Ordered 1/27/21, SA said that 5 or so Xs have come through the Nashville center. Asked if she had any way of seeing how many orders were in front of mine for our delivery center, got this:

“I can't see how many orders are in front of yours, but I can see your projected delivery date is much sooner than most other people. Our location most likely will not receive any Model X's in January. Your X is projected to be coming in February, so you're at the top of the build queue! I'm going to keep a close eye and call you as soon as I have an update. All Model X's delivered here have been 2022 year models.”

Not sure why they wouldn’t receive any in January unless she’s under the impression that they are still taking the first part of the quarter to deliver to Europe like they did in the past.

Really hard to understand after seeing hundreds of Xs from the flyovers and plenty that look like my configuration. Hope she’s wrong and I get VIN’d this week.
Could be January is reserved to build MS orders. The S/X share the same assembly line.

Hello Waiting Room! :)

As many of us are getting our cars I wanted to share some attention to the Model X Refresh Issues thread:
Spreadsheet:

I added a delivery checklist to both spreadsheets but for those of us soon to pick up it may help to look for common issues among other X refreshes. Here's a snapshot at the current issues reported:
Instances ReportedIssueResolution
1"Model X" Badge only on right FWDOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver and passenger climate controls linkedOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Speaker issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Missing floor carpet mats at deliveryResolution performed by Service Center
2Missing trunk panel - small left pocketOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing 22" wheel insertsOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing black rubber strip at top of frunk near windshield cornerOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Key fobs unresponsive to carOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Stains on chairs and panels.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Curb rash on rims at deliveryOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Loose screw on third row seatOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces.Outstanding - no resolution identified
3Paint issues - scratches or chipsResolution performed by Service Center
1White plastic strip hanging from FWD hingeOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Dent - FrunkResolution performed by Service Center
1Coat hanger mount crookedResolution performed by Service Center
2Noise from second row seats - squeakingOutstanding - no resolution identified
7Off alignment - FWDResolution performed by Service Center
2Off alignment - FrunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Off alignment - FWD GlassResolution performed by Service Center
2Off alignment - OtherOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Rear screen video display issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Summon only operates in reverse and not forwardOutstanding - SC: "wait for software update"
1Frunk liner looseOutstanding - no resolution identified
13rd row seat wiring exposed to trunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Curb rash on rimOutstanding - no resolution identified

Feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet once your X arrives!
FYI the service centers know these lists and if you ask them to review it before delivery they will...three times. Don't pickup at he. My car was perfect

I my SA why she thought there wouldn’t be any January deliveries to Nashville and this was her response:

“Typically, our factory will ship vehicles to the East coast, then central region, and so on. I currently do not see any projected builds for our center for January, but that could change! We should have better build forecasts after the beginning of the year.”

With the S rollout and the trickle of Xs I feel like they’ve changed to just randomly sending them out all over the place. The easiest push for end of quarter/year would have been to take care of all the local deliveries pre-refresh, but they somehow didn’t even think of that.

How do I get on this priority queue? Lol it’s been almost a year since we ordered.
Step 1: Get a VIN
Step 2: lose a VIN
Step 3: Stalk this forum
Step 4: notice a fellow TMC’er get offered to take delivery of the exact same car as yours even though they didn’t order those specific specs
Step 5: reach out to that poster to see if it is the same VIN you lost
Step 6: engage Karen mode
Step 7: call their manager
Step 8: request something in return of the f**kery
Whallah~~ Priority Queue
It’s not that cool
I don’t feel that special.. in fact I feel less special.. and definitely don’t feel like I’m their priority..

I definitely feel like they did themselves a disservice by not being more realistic with their projections. I for one would have traded my truck in for a 3 or Y while I waited for my X to get here if I had known it was going to be Jan/Feb instead of dangling the carrot every month or so. I’m sure there are others that would have done the same.

To those of you who did that, I envy you haha. I could have made a lot more on my trade in 3 months ago than I will now that the new year is here.

Reactions: EVMoaOhana
Step 1: Get a VIN
Step 2: lose a VIN
Step 3: Stalk this forum
Step 4: notice a fellow TMC’er get offered to take delivery of the exact same car as yours even though they didn’t order those specific specs
Step 5: reach out to that poster to see if it is the same VIN you lost
Step 6: engage Karen mode
Step 7: call their manager
Step 8: request something in return of the f**kery
Whallah~~ Priority Queue
It’s not that cool
I don’t feel that special.. in fact I feel less special.. and definitely don’t feel like I’m their priority..
Lol watching my friend take delivery today when he ordered 4 months after me hurt my soul.

I want priority haha

How do I get on this priority queue? Lol it’s been almost a year since we ordered.
Almost a year!?!?! No WAY! That's impossible. Are you suggesting that Tesla hasn't been reaching out to you constantly with updates on when your particular vehicle will be ready? You should immediately contact your Delivery Advisor to get the latest info.
/s

Pretty much all of us have been waiting a year - quite a few people even longer. The waiting is over 700 pages long now.

Almost a year!?!?! No WAY! That's impossible. Are you suggesting that Tesla hasn't been reaching out to you constantly with updates on when your particular vehicle will be ready? You should immediately contact your Delivery Advisor to get the latest info.
/s

Pretty much all of us have been waiting a year - quite a few people even longer. The waiting is over 700 pages long now.
I ordered 1/14/21 just picked it up.

Picked up my car today at 5:30 pm. Went through the delivery list and the only thing I saw was one of the panels was sticking up some. One of the associates said to schedule a service apt and submit it before 100 miles. I did so tonight. So, the whole pick-up process was not so great (at least for me). This is my first Tesla and the last time I drove the Model X (only tesla I drove) was in 2019 on a test drive. The associate that helped me knew nothing about the Model X. This is the first refresh delivered here. I admit I probably should have watched the videos again, but I was going to do that over the next 2 days but took delivery early. I didn't know how to turn on the auto pilot and neither did the associate. When I picked it up it had a 55% charge. It was getting dark when I arrived to pick up the car, so I only got a few pictures.

Attachments

• 20211227_173702.jpg
    20211227_173702.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 164
  • 20211227_173656.jpg
    20211227_173656.jpg
    839.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 20211227_211252.jpg
    20211227_211252.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 88
Picked up my car today at 5:30 pm. Went through the delivery list and the only thing I saw was one of the panels was sticking up some. One of the associates said to schedule a service apt and submit it before 100 miles. I did so tonight. So, the whole pick-up process was not so great (at least for me). This is my first Tesla and the last time I drove the Model X (only tesla I drove) was in 2019 on a test drive. The associate that helped me knew nothing about the Model X. This is the first refresh delivered here. I admit I probably should have watched the videos again, but I was going to do that over the next 2 days but took delivery early. I didn't know how to turn on the auto pilot and neither did the associate. When I picked it up it had a 55% charge. It was getting dark when I arrived to pick up the car, so I only got a few pictures.
Doesn’t autopilot have to calibrate for the first 20-50 miles or something before coming available? I’m assuming that’s still a thing on the refresh models.

Doesn’t autopilot have to calibrate for the first 20-50 miles or something before coming available? I’m assuming that’s still a thing on the refresh models.
It did. There was a steering wheel icon that gradually turned green. once it was all green the cameras were calibrated. I didn't know how to turn on the auto pilot. I had to push in the right wheel. I signed up for the FSD beta. There is a software update that will download tonight.

EPA sticker efficiency is from the wall, so it includes the charging losses, typically 10-20%. It’s a common mistake, confused me once as well.
I commented on this YouTube video. Need to take into account regen braking which is what the EPA number does. Testing for EPA city portion, the recovery is around 30% while highway portion it’s like 5%, can’t remember exactly. Can’t just use Wh/mi and battery size which is 100 kWh (down from 103 kWh pre-refresh). Check out Electrek article on MX from Nov 4 ‘21.