Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the car scheduled for pick up. The car is not on site and still pending delivery, suppose to arrive sunday at 5PM
B3348D72-E536-4FE3-9C0D-9C83F8F74C0A.png

The lack of communication from Tesla has always been the main source of stress here:
  • Q1: when will Tesla ship any refreshed Model X? This was finally answered when they started to ship in Q4 2021.
  • Q2: when will Tesla ship the Plaid Model X? IIRC, the first ones shipped late in Q4 2021, with more in Q1 2022.
  • Q3: will Tesla ship any 5- or 7-seat configurations, and if so, when? With the announcement that Plaid is now only available in 6-seats, this is the current mystery.
At least we have each other to commiserate.

The lack of communication from Tesla has always been the main source of stress here:
  • Q1: when will Tesla ship any refreshed Model X? This was finally answered when they started to ship in Q4 2021.
  • Q2: when will Tesla ship the Plaid Model X? IIRC, the first ones shipped late in Q4 2021, with more in Q1 2022.
  • Q3: will Tesla ship any 5- or 7-seat configurations, and if so, when? With the announcement that Plaid is now only available in 6-seats, this is the current mystery.
At least we have each other to commiserate.
We will hear first the from tech blog before we hear anything from Tesla.

I seriously want to merge with AI and have my consciousness continue when my physical body dies. There’s just too much awesomeness to explore for my sentience to be pacified with even 100+ years of existence.

AI + Neuralink + Teslabot cannot come soon enough.

Meanwhile the hobbled economic activity of the world produced mismatched interior panels for a model X delivery. 😝😳😬
Oh that's great.... imagine 100 years from now...

You are going to be the same as MCU1... but now everyone else is going to be on NFA12 - You are limited to bluetooth and they don't even bother using that technology!

When the great great grandkids decide to turn on (you have been in the attic in a box for the past 80 years...), they are not sure what to do with you... and you end up getting rebooted all of the time (while you are in mid-sentence of course...)

Please Lord, when it's time for me to go... it's time for me to go!!!

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
to that point, if you paid $500k for a house, it's always worth $500k. it's not that simple. that $100 deposit is worth a lot more when demand goes up and supply goes down
That's not how it works. A house is a transferable asset with mechanisms in place to facilitate the sale and purchase of such assets. There is no mechanism in place to buy, sell, and transfer tesla reservations, and by all means it's prohibited in any contract that you agreed to. A reservation at a price is worth nothing to someone other than yourself. A car in hand is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Not to mention a reservation doesn't guarantee delivery sooner than someone that ordered after you. It's meaningless.

I finally received my VIN and I went to my MVPA and it didn't have the $2,000 pre-refresh discount. What do you guys suggest I do? It's impossible to get ahold of anybody at Tesla.

I just hope when my wife picks up the car, it won't be snowing since the 22" wheels only come with summer tires. I need to buy winter tires for the car.

Order date: 12/09/2020
Configuration: White exterior, Cream interior, 22" wheels, no FSD
VIN date: 01/22/2022

I finally received my VIN and I went to my MVPA and it didn't have the $2,000 pre-refresh discount. What do you guys suggest I do? It's impossible to get ahold of anybody at Tesla.

I just hope when my wife picks up the car, it won't be snowing since the 22" wheels only come with summer tires. I need to buy winter tires for the car.

Congrats! Plaid or LR?

Reactions: NGKempf

Just drive on in there to the showroom. They'll talk. What is it by you, Peabody?

Oh that's great.... imagine 100 years from now...

You are going to be the same as MCU1... but now everyone else is going to be on NFA12 - You are limited to bluetooth and they don't even bother using that technology!

When the great great grandkids decide to turn on (you have been in the attic in a box for the past 80 years...), they are not sure what to do with you... and you end up getting rebooted all of the time (while you are in mid-sentence of course...)

Please Lord, when it's time for me to go... it's time for me to go!!!
I’ll buy some upgrades.
With dogecoin. 😜😎
The actual issue will be we’ll all be in a Neuralink upgrade waiting room….

Last edited:

Aside from driving to the Store and discussing it as already suggested, I suggest you read through the last 2 dozen or so pages of posts and lots of helpful information on this group that others have faced. Including pricing questions. Others have faced it.

Good luck.

That's not how it works. A house is a transferable asset with mechanisms in place to facilitate the sale and purchase of such assets. There is no mechanism in place to buy, sell, and transfer tesla reservations, and by all means it's prohibited in any contract that you agreed to. A reservation at a price is worth nothing to someone other than yourself. A car in hand is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Not to mention a reservation doesn't guarantee delivery sooner than someone that ordered after you. It's meaningless.
it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. in this case, it's worth more because LOTS of people are willing to pay for it. it's not right, it's not what i would do, it's not fair. but neither is the increased price of a house these days NOR the fact that dealerships are able to charge OVER MSRP prices to sell cars. supply and demand is a simple econ 101 concept.

Reactions: DelPhonic1 and zk19
Anybody know what tires come on the MXP with 20s? I recall that the 22s come with Conti SportContact 6s. Is that also true of the 20s or do they come with all seasons?

Also, I've been lurking since last month. For those interested, original order 10/20 -- MX LR, 6 seat, Blue/Black, 22", FSD. Confirmed transferring order to refreshed MX in 2/21. Was asked to update config last month and decided to change order to MXP, 20", no FSD (all else same). Had been Feb EDD then switched to March with everyone else. Yesterday got a (more) specific EDD: Jan 22 - Feb 12. No VIN, so expect that tomorrow I'll get pushed a day (or three... or more).

Congrats! Plaid or LR?
Long Range
Just drive on in there to the showroom. They'll talk. What is it by you, Peabody?
Yes, Peabody.
I called Tesla and they transferred me to Dedham's showroom. The Tesla employee told me the following:
- I am still eligible for the $2,000 discount
- I will see it about 72 hours prior to delivery on the updated MVPA
Aside from driving to the Store and discussing it as already suggested, I suggest you read through the last 2 dozen or so pages of posts and lots of helpful information on this group that others have faced. Including pricing questions. Others have faced it.

Good luck.
I didn't start lurking until I got my phone call to change my configuration from 7 to 6 seats. Luckily, out of blind luck I found the page where someone had showed their MVPA and it's under Section 1, Article C.

I'll keep an eye out 72 hours prior to delivery.

Tesla being Tesla. I asked if there's any way I can leave the car parked if it's snowing since I believe the 22" wheels only come in a summer tire configuration. He gave me some BS where it's "safe" to drive with summer tires but "don't do it too often because you might crack the tires." Oh lawd..... I kept firm with my request and he told me I can reschedule my pick up date if I have to.

I guess, worst case I can call a tow truck.

If you've driven in the snow with summer tires on, you know how it is.

Thank you for the replies guys.