Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the delivery timeframe for the BMW?
generally not till Sept. but my client owns a bunch of dealerships and he’s telling me he can likely get me an order slot for an April build late May delivery bc he has so many orders and certainly a small number of folks will drop out when they get their build slot… at that point my MXLR order will be almost a year and a half old and if it’s not arrived by then so be it … I hope it does!!

Reactions: lexus26
Oh of course … totally misunderstood… and I certainly hope it’s not as bad as FSD … Musk said in December “very likely” TESLA gets to level 4 in 2022. Not a chance that happens.
Yeah. It may be capable at that level but I think he would keep it at Level 2 officially for a while requiring all time driver's attention. Which is fine with me but please release it for general public use.

Yeah. It may be capable at that level but I think he would keep it at Level 2 officially for a while requiring all time driver's attention. Which is fine with me but please release it for general public use.

This conversation doesn’t belong here I know but I’ll just say that where I really struggle with FSD is that it has to work reliably 99.9999% of the time. If it fails spectacularly once every 5 years, big problem. Musk thinks his silicon based neural network can attain a higher level of fidelity in this regard than a biological based one (that is, a human brain). I think the artificial network can be made to operate more reliably in most situations, but it cannot be made to handle the extreme tails (ie, when another driver on the road doesn’t something totally unexpected and a brain based system swerves without actually crashing instantaneously) with sufficient reliability. So even though overall it may be “2X safer” than a human driver, if it’s less safe in the tail scenarios it won’t be accepted and won’t be approved. Musk is not nearly as close to that hurdle as he fancies himself. IMHO.

My February estimated delivery date slipped to March this morning. Had to call to update some finance details and cancel my trade-in, and they explained that all Model X's being pumped out for the past several months are to clear a backlog of orders for the pre-refresh MX in Q3/Q4 2020, plus anyone they could get to switch to the 6-seater config. Non 6-seaters ordered in 2021 have not started production yet but will be "soon." Sales guy advised me not to put a whole lotta faith in March either, if I need to not be without a car. If you got a VIN for a non 6-seater from 2021, it's likely because someone who ordered in 2020 canceled their order or declined delivery.

My February estimated delivery date slipped to March this morning. Had to call to update some finance details and cancel my trade-in, and they explained that all Model X's being pumped out for the past several months are to clear a backlog of orders for the pre-refresh MX in Q3/Q4 2020, plus anyone they could get to switch to the 6-seater config. Non 6-seaters ordered in 2021 have not started production yet but will be "soon." Sales guy advised me not to put a whole lotta faith in March either, if I need to not be without a car. If you got a VIN for a non 6-seater from 2021, it's likely because someone who ordered in 2020 canceled their order or declined delivery.
what is your configuration and order date? I don't really believe in what Tesla says at this point until there is a VIN assigned and the system shows a delivery date and time. They have been speaking all over.

No micro jerks, but tons of macro jerks. TONS of phantom braking.

Tesla Vision is just NOT ready production, yet here we are.
I have a 2021 MY and the same issues. I agree about Tesla Vision. Lots of inclement weather this time of year in upstate NY and I am constantly getting warnings when driving that my car can’t see. Well no *sugar* it’s either a blizzard or raining a lot. Miss having radar.

I'm on the verge as well. Currently, MY EDD is March and MX 02/2021 order is "Mar 2022". My 5mos with Volvo Care is Mar 15 and I can cancel to get another car. Contemplating between the following:

1. MY LR
2. Volvo XC90 (but didn't like XC60 seat, not too comfortable on a long road trip)
3. BMW X5
4. Genesis GV80

Those who have checked out, what is your alternative?
So I had a 2017 Volvo XC90 T8i and it was a great car, comfortable, roomy but not a Tesla. Had some exhaust issues and the entire engine had to be taken out for the repair. Service was OKAY

We have had a 2020 M3 LR and it was great

Currently have a 2021 MY Performance and it's wonderful, I know the ride will be even smoother with our MX Plaid and we will use the Y as our normal every day car especially for scuba and SUP (have a roof rack on)

Are you thinking of Getting the Y and X you've ordered?
If it was me I would want those over your other options.

Our MX Plaid should be here sometime next week. we received a VIN last Monday with delivery window of 1/30 to 2/5.

Originally ordered 3/11/2020 Plaid 5 seat with 20" wheels, paid for the 6 seat upgrade last fall, removed FSD

I'm in Wellington, FL

Reactions: Thamanrp
  1. For me, a car should emphasize function over style. I'm sure I will get used to the yoke, but I doubt I will prefer it.
  2. I don't run beta software for any mission-critical system. I prefer my cars not to crash into things, thank you very much.
Personally I think the yoke is brilliant and can’t wait to grab on to it. I am so tired of having to tweak the steering wheel position so I can see the entire ICD. Peering through the the top of the wheel is probably in the top five annoyances with my 2018 X.

I’m fine with FSD Beta. Each rev gets a little better. If I get annoyed with it, it is very easy to turn it off. sometimes I just use it with cruise (no destination set), because it very reliably honors traffic signals. It is nice to just sit back and relax, paying attention of course, rather than having to constantly move my feet. I’m anxiously waiting for 10.9 to drop on to my X. My wife got it on her 3 last week, so I’ve tried it, but stuck with 10.8.1 on my car.

No micro jerks, but tons of macro jerks. TONS of phantom braking.

Tesla Vision is just NOT ready production, yet here we are.
actually works pretty well on our MY LR 1500 miles out of which 1100 hwy miles 90% on FSD 3-4 slowdowns for no reason and that's it.
Went up from LA to Yosemite and it acted great on straight roads and curvy hills