Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We didn't get direct MX news on the earnings call but maybe indirect.

As we know Tesla delivered a combined 24,964 MS / MX cars in 2021 which contributed to their record breaking 936k total production.
View attachment 760677

The good news is that they expect capacity to produce 100,000 MS / MX cars in 2022.
Sure, this is an overgeneralized number and it will likely be less BUT if it was significantly less they would have rounded to 50,000.

View attachment 760680

No denying Tesla has been playing with our emotions with EDDs but all signs point to a continued scale and ramp of production.

A reminder... back in the day.. when we were young.. you could order a new car and get delivery in the same month! 😱
Given that most of 2021 sales was done in last quarter, numbers above don’t represent a ramp up just production at same scale(100k in 2022 comes to 25 k per quarter )

Reactions: SummitX
Hey all. I’ve waited 369 days for my Tesla to arrive. Tomorrow (Thur) is the big day. This is my first Tesla so any helpful tips on delivery would be appreciated. Anything to really look at? Anything to make sure happens? Can I ask to use their charger there to make sure the charging port works? You know anything you all have for me is appreciated. Once I have it, any questions you all have for me fire away.

Full wrap AND ceramic?? I'm not fully up to speed but can you explain what that does? Seems like doubling up on protection to me.
Basically. Ceramic coating will protect the surface of the wrap, making it easier to clean and creating a surface in between the elements and the wrap to prevent damage. I’ve seen wrap get damaged, it can look worse than the finish of a car getting damaged. Obviously it’s replaceable but if it’s covering a big part of the car it’s not something you’re going to want to be replacing a lot.

So got a text my car is ready for delivery. Went from March to today. VIN in my account. For those that didn’t follow along I’m a pre fresh order holder, always 6seat. Saw this model X at reno store last week, they were having a hard time delivering it. Pretty sure it’s that one. I’ll go into it thinking it was a delivery decline for some reason.
That’s awesome. Congratulations. Sounds like Tesla didn’t want you to get it but it’s great to see a prerefresh getting their car. Here’s hoping delivery is smooth and the car is flawless.

Installed capacity doesn’t matter when you can’t get chips and other parts. The factory is capable of producing X, but only if enough Y and Z parts are present to be used. They referenced during the call that all their factories were running under capacity due to supply chain woes last year.
If the factory is running under capacity due to supply chain woes, wouldn't you think product quality would be exceptionally good? I mean, everyone has a little bit more time to make sure everything is just right... So, why are we hearing about so much crappy stuff? Is that just the small clan that is here on the forum, or????

If the factory is running under capacity due to supply chain woes, wouldn't you think product quality would be exceptionally good? I mean, everyone has a little bit more time to make sure everything is just right... So, why are we hearing about so much crappy stuff? Is that just the small clan that is here on the forum, or????
I think it's a bit of luck of the draw. I heard of similar quality control issues around the refresh S. However, when we picked up our refresh S at the end of December, the quality of the build was excellent. We weren't able to identify anything at delivery that needed correction.

Hey all. I’ve waited 369 days for my Tesla to arrive. Tomorrow (Thur) is the big day. This is my first Tesla so any helpful tips on delivery would be appreciated. Anything to really look at? Anything to make sure happens? Can I ask to use their charger there to make sure the charging port works? You know anything you all have for me is appreciated. Once I have it, any questions you all have for me fire away.
Hi - I’m also taking delivery in Reno. Please let me know how your experience went and if you saw any more X’s there. Also assuming you’ve been speaking with Ashley Dullum?

Good luck tomorrow!

Will switching from 5 seater to 6 seater (Plaid) potentially move me up in delivery, OR to the back of the line? Understand any grandfathered pricing is lost on configuration updates, but doesn't apply to me since I have Plaid. Currently April estimate, but thinking of switching to 6 seater via in-account config update but not if will be pushed to back of line. Better off contacting an SA to do it?
After doing Edit Configuration a ton of times to switch to 6 seater Plaid then always canceling b/c wasn't sure if it would put me back of line. I got the call today that my order would be upgraded from 5 to 6 seater for free. Glad I never pulled the trigger!

Our SA left us a VM yesterday. He said that our MXLR 5 seater is looking very good for mid-March to end of March delivery.
April 2021 OD, 5 seat, White, Cream, 20”, NO FSD
He's lying. He just looked at the same EDD you get and is assuming it will be accurate. Sorry to be bearer of bad news. It's widely known at this point that the SA's don't have any information we don't.