Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a 7-seater silver metallic with an estimated delivery date of April 2021 in Northern VA.
With that being said I am financing about half of the amount and the other half I will pay at delivery.

Also for the payment method at pick-up it states the only option is ACH transfer, did they take away the option of usinga cashier's check?

My worry is if I transfer the money and there is something a matter with the car will be stuck like Chuck?

My sales rep sent me this yesterday: ACH, wire transfer, cashiers check/personal check are the only payment methods. FSD you can pay via credit card post delivery as one option.

Ordered a 7-seater silver metallic with an estimated delivery date of April 2021 in Northern VA.
With that being said I am financing about half of the amount and the other half I will pay at delivery.

Also for the payment method at pick-up it states the only option is ACH transfer, did they take away the option of usinga cashier's check?

My worry is if I transfer the money and there is something a matter with the car will be stuck like Chuck?
Delivery date of April 2021 has been removed now.

Are you stating, your original order still stands as is? Its a Long Range Plus from January 8? No change to the new Long Range (refresh) model?

there’s been no changes at all, though I’ve been in contact with a rep from our local tesla store. Issue is, he has just about as much information as we all do. I just emailed him today for an update and his response was as follows:
“At this time the only update we have is from the website that deliveries will take place from May to June. Since you ordered before the refresh, preferential delivery was mentioned but we’ve no specification on what that will look like yet. As I know and things develop, I will certainly keep you updated”

With that update I’m less than optimistic and I’m now considering cancelling my order for a 7 seat Y

there’s been no changes at all, though I’ve been in contact with a rep from our local tesla store. Issue is, he has just about as much information as we all do. I just emailed him today for an update and his response was as follows:
“At this time the only update we have is from the website that deliveries will take place from May to June. Since you ordered before the refresh, preferential delivery was mentioned but we’ve no specification on what that will look like yet. As I know and things develop, I will certainly keep you updated”

With that update I’m less than optimistic and I’m now considering cancelling my order for a 7 seat Y
Seems odd to me that you would go from an X to a Y just because a month or two delay.

Let me rephrase the question...
Did you give verbal approval to change the order and agree to pay more?

Ordered 11/18 and got upgraded to the refreshed version shortly after announcement.
Advisor said order will be batch updated at end of feb.
Nothing updated on account page.
Advisor has been missing from text messages.
Thisi is Houston, TX.

They're not going to miss April deliveries when production has started. It's just typical Tesla trying to half-automate stuff that either shouldn't be automated or should be automated 100% through shuttling production line data to a user interface when a worker or conveyor scans a car as it makes its way through the line.

They want to automate things like communication with a client who is about to plop down a ton of cash/commitment to pay on a car, which just flat should never be automated ever, and stuff that should be fully automated, like like matching customers to vin numbers that are being produced right now and communicating production status, is half-automated with these little tidbits you get on the website, forcing us to do ridiculuos things like reach out to the (automated and/or non-responsive) sales person for updates, or look at the HTML source code, or ask other owners/order-ers wtf is going on.

When we ordered a BMW we knew what step in the process it was in as soon as the body was welded together - paint shop, final assembly, QA, transportation location, etc. It was slick (Dingolfing plant build, so it had to come all the way over here). I'm convinced this webpage's traffic would go down by more than 50% if they just implemented the same system BMW used 7 years ago.

Reactions: Rb48888 and elguapo

This is the exact same situation that I'm in. Plus, we had a delivery window, so we sold our Model 3 in preparation for that, but now it has been removed and we have nothing. If this weren't Covid, we would have to get another car ASAP. As it stands, we can wait a bit, but will need the 2nd car before long. Without information about a delivery window, we are going to have to find something else, perhaps a Model Y. This has irritated my wife enough that she is thinking of short term solutions and then looking at a Rivian in a year or so.

Reactions: Alxsalt
Originally was going to get the Model S Plaid Plus - However Wife really like the Model X Falcon wing doors. So Did book the Model X LR. However since seems like not gonna get the plaid plus finally emailed Sale Advisor to Upgrade it to Plaid Model X. Does anyone will I loose my place in line because of this change ?

Even though sales advisor still telling maybe April still for the delivery.

Originally was going to get the Model S Plaid Plus - However Wife really like the Model X Falcon wing doors. So Did book the Model X LR. However since seems like not gonna get the plaid plus finally emailed Sale Advisor to Upgrade it to Plaid Model X. Does anyone will I loose my place in line because of this change ?

Even though sales advisor still telling maybe April still for the delivery.
If you’re ordering a Plaid X, you will be near the front regardless of when you order. They want to deliver as many of those as they can, just like the original ramp with the X. P90D came out first and more frequently than others.

For others - it doesn’t matter whether there is or is not a date in your account. It’s meaningless. Two things to keep in mind:

1) Tesla is always late and over promises when they intro a car - even a refresh

2) Tesla’s communication is awful. That’s one reason websites like this can exist. If you’re buying a Tesla for great communication, cancel and buy something else.

Ultimately, we are all here because we enjoy, or will enjoy, the car so much, we look past the absurdly awful issues around receiving a car. You’ll get what you get, when you get it. Enjoy the wait because the day after you get it, you will LOVE it, but it will be outdated...

• Love
Reactions: BM3B and 127.0.0.0
Yea, Figured also I think in a year or two possibly plaid model x will get some range boost since 340 miles vs cyber truck being @ 500 is not gonna be like that for a too long after cybertruck. I did think also about waiting it out but again it be who knows how many years before that happens.

Whenever Cybertruck actually comes out with 500 miles of range, they’ll put it in the X, I guess, with a plaid+. It will have already been in the S with plaid+ for a solid $40k more than the high end cybertruck! So, I would guess 12-18 months.

It’s not cheap to be an early adopter!

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
If you’re ordering a Plaid X, you will be near the front regardless of when you order. They want to deliver as many of those as they can, just like the original ramp with the X. P90D came out first and more frequently than others.

For others - it doesn’t matter whether there is or is not a date in your account. It’s meaningless. Two things to keep in mind:

1) Tesla is always late and over promises when they intro a car - even a refresh

2) Tesla’s communication is awful. That’s one reason websites like this can exist. If you’re buying a Tesla for great communication, cancel and buy something else.

Ultimately, we are all here because we enjoy, or will enjoy, the car so much, we look past the absurdly awful issues around receiving a car. You’ll get what you get, when you get it. Enjoy the wait because the day after you get it, you will LOVE it, but it will be outdated...
I am curious why the plaids would be delivered first. How does that help tesla?

I would think the plaid would test more if the line if the s LR/plaid/plaid+ are going to be made on the same production line. Only thing missing at this point would be the Plaid + battery. Some have said greater profit margin in plaid over long range also.