Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I walked into my local Tesla dealership yesterday since I was next door. I asked the SAs when I could realistically expect my Model X which was ordered in March 2021 (LR, 6 seat, MSM/cream, 20"). I've never had an estimated delivery date on my account since ordering. They stated, in their view, I shouldn't expect it until December.

Just canceled my order for a refreshed MSLR and ordered a new MXLR. I wish I figured this out my before the price increase but a SUV just fits my family better. Our 2018 X is a great car, but I'm looking forward to the faster charging on road trips

I love my S but my wife and I also determined an X is a better vehicle for our family.

I think the improvements should be even more helpful for the X with this refresh in terms of sound insulation, HVAC, and aero.

That being said, I'm very curious what else they deliver. The X hasn't even really been mentioned by Elon or Tesla. The X plaid is a steal right now.

Am I the only one who wants to wait for the production to shake out before accepting delivery? The X is notoriously complicated. Elon described it as a product of hubris (which is insane for Elon to even mention).

At least as importantly, I’d like a test drive. Our kids keep getting bigger and if this is going to replace the minivan as the road trip car, it needs to be comfy for all.

At least as importantly, I’d like a test drive. Our kids keep getting bigger and if this is going to replace the minivan as the road trip car, it needs to be comfy for all.

Yes! Exactly! And I need to test the yoke before delivery. I've got 4.5 years of experience with the round wheel and stalks and I'm concerned with the limitations of the yoke and how unnecessary it is for the X in particular.

Reactions: geometro and Hebert
Just canceled my order for a refreshed MSLR and ordered a new MXLR. I wish I figured this out my before the price increase but a SUV just fits my family better. Our 2018 X is a great car, but I'm looking forward to the faster charging on road trips
Good move. I have owned a few MS’s and and a MX. Sold MX in January, thinking I’d get into a new one. You know the rest of that story. Meanwhile, decided to go with MS Plaid, because it was available. Bought it, drove it and sold it a week later. Scary, face melting performance, but I realized I very much preferred the size of the MX. Easier for me to get in and out of, better road visibility and way better for my family.

Curious what your estimated delivery date is?

Reactions: croman
Am I the only one who wants to wait for the production to shake out before accepting delivery? The X is notoriously complicated. Elon described it as a product of hubris (which is insane for Elon to even mention).
My MB GLS is notoriously complicated with thousands of turbo gas engine, and electric motor assisted tranny parts endlessly rubbing against each other and needing pricey maintenance and carbon fuel all too frequently.