Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t imagine there’s much in the world that Elon cares about less than the X at this point. Or the customers who ordered one. You’d think he’d care at least a little about people dropping over $100k on his vehicles, but would appear not.
It seems rather silly and a big stretch that Tesla isn't manufacturing and delivering Model Xs because Elon doesn't care about the Model X. It's surely more likely because they are still working out either manufacturing related aspects or feel that more time is needed to test some of the changes.

If Elon didn't care about the Model X, the more likely scenario is that Tesla wouldn't offer the Model X.

It seems rather silly and a big stretch that Tesla isn't manufacturing and delivering Model Xs because Elon doesn't care about the Model X. It's surely more likely because they are still working out either manufacturing related aspects or feel that more time is needed to test some of the changes.

If Elon didn't care about the Model X, the more likely scenario is that Tesla wouldn't offer the Model X.
I don’t think he doesn’t care because it hasn’t been delivered. I think he doesn’t care because they haven’t bothered to offer a simple update, despite the fact that they haven’t delivered a single one in maybe 9 months?

Reactions: jbrowdy
I can’t imagine there’s much in the world that Elon cares about less than the X at this point. Or the customers who ordered one. You’d think he’d care at least a little about people dropping over $100k on his vehicles, but would appear not.

There are hundreds, possibly thousands of workers related to the Model X. The reason you don't have one yet is certainly not because Elon doesn't care. Tesla still has a month before they're technically late on their earliest estimated delivery dates, though it's pretty *sugar* that these things were supposed to come out in February/March.

Still can’t believe that nobody asked about S&X production during the conference call. Although it sounded like other than a few live questions, they were reading from a list of presubmitted questions. I think they cherry picked the ones they wanted and probably avoided questions about the S&X.

I agree. My wife ordered one and it’s been annoying that there are no updates. You’d think he treat people who’ve been driving his cars since 2014 a little bit better.

Reactions: slevit1md

One more test car at freemont factory on 7/26/2021. See the description on that video. The ‘owner’ is model s and x program manager and he said ‘soon’ available!!
Ooooh that’s the cream interior, right (just making sure it isn’t just the lighting)? If so I’m very happy with my choice of Multi-coat Red and Cream interior. 😁

If they do a 40/20/40 second row I might just have to put an order in, still waiting for that improvement and/or a second row armrest/passthrough to be spotted in the wild, lol

I think Tesla knows their customer relatively well. Model X, as the most expensive model, is held to a higher standard by its customers, despite it being the complicated contraption it is, we expect it to "just work"; expectations are even higher because of the excellent midsize SUV offerings from other brands; midsize crossovers are the number 1 profit driver right now and it's where all the action and all the excellence and all the R&D money is going - just look at the X5 vs. the 5-series these days. It's also owned by more families who use it as a van. That's not a customer base that can wave away simple crap just failing all the time the way early-adopter fanboys can. Timmy needs to get to soccer or Karen will be very displeased.

Last edited:

One more test car at freemont factory on 7/26/2021. See the description on that video. The ‘owner’ is model s and x program manager and he said ‘soon’ available!!
Cream + walnut combo looks really classy! Wish Tesla would offer a wood accent option in addition to CF on the Plaid X, esp since the Plaid S offers that choice.

If they do a 40/20/40 second row I might just have to put an order in, still waiting for that improvement and/or a second row armrest/passthrough to be spotted in the wild, lol

I think Tesla knows their customer relatively well. Model X, as the most expensive model, is held to a higher standard by its customers, despite it being the complicated contraption it is, we expect it to "just work"; expectations are even higher because of the excellent midsize SUV offerings from other brands; midsize crossovers are the number 1 profit driver right now and it's where all the action and all the excellence and all the R&D money is going - just look at the X5 vs. the 5-series these days. It's also owned by more families who use it as a van. That's not a customer base that can wave away simple crap just failing all the time the way early-adopter fanboys can. Timmy needs to get to soccer or Karen will be very displeased.
If they knew their customers well they would know I’m about to jump ship for another company if they don’t get their act together soon and give us an update on when the X will be coming. No I’m not some Tesla hater, I’ve owned two and drive one currently. Those of us who have been with Tesla for a while now remember what it was like when we were treated well.

Cream + walnut combo looks really classy! Wish Tesla would offer a wood accent option in addition to CF on the Plaid X, esp since the Plaid S offers that choice.
I think they're having supply chain issues with CF and white seats. As a result, when MXP does go into production, they'll ask people to accept wood over CF for earlier deliver (as they did with MSP deliveries).

Reactions: studioloft