Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know, when we both have to drive and her trip is farther, she gets the Tesla.

When we both have to drive and my trip is farther… she gets the Tesla.

After we got our first model X in 2017... driving the "other" car felt so ancient and archaic... we "had" to replace it the following year with a 3. I remember flying into roundabouts without regen. I figured the only solution was to go pure electric... first world problems.

After we got our first model X in 2017... driving the "other" car felt so ancient and archaic... we "had" to replace it the following year with a 3. I remember flying into roundabouts without regen. I figured the only solution was to go pure electric... first world problems.
Ha, ha, I started calling our non-EV car the "lawnmower" because it seemed so primitive. Once you go EV, you never go back :)

Reading all of these speculation comments is amusing, but I hope that everyone takes anything they read on here with a LARGE grain of salt as these comments shouldn't be misconstrued as facts.
In fairness, any speculation on this website is likely far more accurate than the speculation people repeat after talking to a Delivery or Service Advisor.

But I’m with you. For those of us who’ve been through this phase of a Tesla release before (or multiple times) it’s just what it is. You order. Then you wait. Until a VIN appears on your order page, then delivery ain’t soon.

Reactions: Vitaman
Why does everyone think that it's actually a human changing the delivery dates on the Tesla website and that these guestimates have any bearing on reality? I'm sure it's just an algorithm that suggests a delivery month, which we know can change at a second's notice. I know everyone is excited to get their new Model X (as am I), but the flurry of comments over every nuance change to the website and every month that goes by doesn't help our cars get produced or delivered any faster. Reading all of these speculation comments is amusing, but I hope that everyone takes anything they read on here with a LARGE grain of salt as these comments shouldn't be misconstrued as facts.

The flurry of comments helps us pass the time. What else to do but commiserate with everyone else here while we wait? More entertaining than staring at a forum with no posts.

Why does everyone think that it's actually a human changing the delivery dates on the Tesla website and that these guestimates have any bearing on reality? I'm sure it's just an algorithm that suggests a delivery month, which we know can change at a second's notice. I know everyone is excited to get their new Model X (as am I), but the flurry of comments over every nuance change to the website and every month that goes by doesn't help our cars get produced or delivered any faster. Reading all of these speculation comments is amusing, but I hope that everyone takes anything they read on here with a LARGE grain of salt as these comments shouldn't be misconstrued as facts.
You think this is bad? You should go spend some time on the Model S thread. Go back a few thousand pages and look at the comments on the most nuanced things such as whether or not your delivery date was blank or had a “-“. I think most of us view this thread as a fun way to blow off some steam and as an amusing support group of sorts.

well well well look what decided to park next to me at the SC today. Dude plugged in the car and then was examining something in the trunk...I didn't get to go back there to take a look because I had to leave in a hurry.

IMG_7452.jpg

We all know this, it’s just part of the fun:)

Reactions: Elixir
well well well look what decided to park next to me at the SC today. Dude plugged in the car and then was examining something in the trunk...I didn't get to go back there to take a look because I had to leave in a hurry.

View attachment 687939
This is great! Very heart warming to see.
Even if they are not in the end-consumer's hands yet.. its promising to see that it physically exists and isn't just a digital rendering. The pieces of this puzzle are real, now we just have to worry about assembly at scale :)

The flurry of comments helps us pass the time. What else to do but commiserate with everyone else here while we wait? More entertaining than staring at a forum with no posts.
I'm glad I've been able to spark more creative amusement in this thread. I too am not new to this rodeo. Even if my new Plaid Model X does arrive before the end of this year (the website date says October for me), that will still be the SHORTEST wait I've had for any of my three previous Teslas. I waited two years for my Roadster to arrive in 2009, and about a year and a half for both my signature Model S and current Model X to arrive, so a 9-12 month wait is getting better :)