Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regardless of reason, one of the more distinct advantages of buying a Tesla versus any other EV is the ability to charge on the road. If that advantage dissipates then other EVs will become more attractive to potential buyers. Tesla is making money now, lots of it. They don't need to do this, and even while other manufacturers improve car quality, the ability to charge them on travels remains an obstacle to sales. I guess red herring is probably the explanation here. I'm guessing it is not the couple of billion in federal subsidies.

Tesla wants to accelerate the adoption of EVs not just Teslas. Also they want that sweet sweet infrastructure bill money and other nations funding like in Norway.

Finally, their time based billing disincentivizes off network use much like cell phone roaming. You definitely will feel every minute of charging if you don't have a Tesla at a supercharger.

In sum, all the hand wringing is hilarious.

Reactions: bhzmark and Elixir
Tesla wants to accelerate the adoption of EVs not just Teslas. Also they want that sweet sweet infrastructure bill money and other nations funding like in Norway.

Finally, their time based billing disincentivizes off network use much like cell phone roaming. You definitely will feel every minute of charging if you don't have a Tesla at a supercharger.

In sum, all the hand wringing is hilarious.
Billing is kWh-based in California, not sure about other places. That said, non-Teslas probably should/will have a different, more punitive pay structure.

My order stills says August for MX LR, 6 seater. Personally I'm thinking this is a late September, early October delivery. MS wen thru a similar cadence from first spottings of prototypes to delivery. I'm ready!!! Curious to experience the yoke and then stoked for higher build quality and also longer range from my current 2018 MX LR.
I just want to see some posts where people are saying they are getting VIN numbers!!!

When you say “more” Mx being loaded on a carrier, was there a previous video of any X being loaded? That gives me some hope if so.
I havent seen it but in previous videos, there were a couple of X in test track and delivery lot prior to the S being delivered. We need to see dozens or hundred3of them in delivery lot before i can believe that my August edd will happen.

Reactions: DIL
Just checked out my local Tesla in FL and there were 2 new black model X’s being delivered.. fingers crossed!!

Attachments

• 2FFB257C-B8EF-4979-9B8F-705F2B5EFFBD.jpeg
    2FFB257C-B8EF-4979-9B8F-705F2B5EFFBD.jpeg
    555.2 KB · Views: 103
Holy Sugar! Is that real? This would be huge if true. Also black one has 20” wheels which would mean they have them in stock. Which is what I have ordered. Did you happen to see the interior color? White interiors are really holding up the Model S. Hoping it won’t be the same for the X.