Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered LRX, Blue, 5 seats, 22" wheels, cream interior on March 8. Delivery date has changed from May-June to October and now totally blank. The problem I have is not necessarily that the date keeps slipping, it's the TOTAL lack of communications from anyone at Tesla. You'd expect that when someone is going to spend +$100K on a vehicle there would be some type of communications explaining why the date has changed and to thank you for your patience. Is Tesla and Elon so cavalier that they don't think they need to consider customer service and that their product is so "in demand" that the sheep will follow them regardless of how poorly they treat customers, both existing and new?

SWMBO has made it very clear that she is tired of buying fuel and wants an electric vehicle. Unfortunately, the competition is sparse and nothing really compares, so not sure how to proceed. I don't want to cancel the order but am extremely frustrated with the arrogance of Tesla...
My order and delivery issues are exactly like yours. I ordered on 1 March, original delivery date was June, then October as of last week, and now nothing. I did email my Tesla rep and she responded back, but there really isn't much she can do since she is in the dark like I am. I'm just hoping for a 2021 delivery.

went to check on my delivery date you know because i have MX delivery date OCD and it's no longer showing the month. it used to say December. now its just no longer saying that. my order is from Jan 2021 and was originally for August then bumped to December. Now it's blank!

I asked for trade in info back when I placed my order and got a response pretty quickly.... I have not asked again because I don't think its worth asking until we have a concrete delivery date or some production ramp up... It's just going to expire or change anyway.
Yup. Mine has expired two times. They wanted new pics snd mileage each time. The first two revisions were considerably more than the initial offer and were delivered in a couple of days. Now I have been waiting almost a month for their fourth quote after giving them pictures and mileage for a fourth time.

Reactions: JER85
Not that it means much, but I was speaking with one of the local store managers and they were thrilled that the estimated delivery dates were removed from the website as he said 60% of their phone calls and in-store questions are about the listed delivery dates and wanting updates. With no delivery dates listed, it helps them not get as many calls or walk-in questions.

Reactions: croman and kpony
Not that it means much, but I was speaking with one of the local store managers and they were thrilled that the estimated delivery dates were removed from the website as he said 60% of their phone calls and in-store questions are about the listed delivery dates and wanting updates. With no delivery dates listed, it helps them not get as many calls or walk-in questions.

“Thank god we don’t have to communicate with our $100k car customers anymore”

Sold my ZR1 in may the pay for this X. I'm wondering if anyone else is thinking about purchasing another vehicle to hold them over until the X is delivered?
Sold my S in March. Been a single M3P family for a family of 5. Its been a struggle at times. Had to Turo a few times. Feels if you buy something used right now, you'll be purchasing at peak and recent data indicate the used market is sliding downwards.

I definitely get the itch to purchase something temporary every other week. Might be more cost effective to Turo. First world problems, right?

Just got an update on my EDD!!!!

1631207906964.png

I wonder if S launch caused them to recalibrate how many spares of various components they might need. Things failing/crashing/warranty work etc. Maybe they're trying to make sure once you have the car it's a worry free experience. Post-sale I've been very pleasantly surprised on how painless ownership has been overall, and maybe they're trying not to take a step back, which means waiting for shipping containers to arrive and parts to get stamped boards to get soldered and and and yada. They're using a new tire from Pirelli, I think, on the 22's, maybe that's it too, who knows

I said earlier in the thread I don't think the typical Model X buyer is going to tolerate the same level of aggravation from stuff not working or fitting right that the S buyer is, because higher cost and frequent use as family wagon and because the aggravation we are willing to tolerate is already built into the falcon wing doors THIS FAR AND NO FARTHER.

I also wonder if regulatory approval is getting in the way and somebody somewhere needs to sign off on something before they can launch another "new car" with a new certifications and powertrain this year.

Reactions: Elixir
I wonder if S launch caused them to recalibrate how many spares of various components they might need. Things failing/crashing/warranty work etc. Maybe they're trying to make sure once you have the car it's a worry free experience. Post-sale I've been very pleasantly surprised on how painless ownership has been overall, and maybe they're trying not to take a step back, which means waiting for shipping containers to arrive and parts to get stamped boards to get soldered and and and yada. They're using a new tire from Pirelli, I think, on the 22's, maybe that's it too, who knows

I said earlier in the thread I don't think the typical Model X buyer is going to tolerate the same level of aggravation from stuff not working or fitting right that the S buyer is, because higher cost and frequent use as family wagon and because the aggravation we are willing to tolerate is already built into the falcon wing doors THIS FAR AND NO FARTHER.

I also wonder if regulatory approval is getting in the way and somebody somewhere needs to sign off on something before they can launch another "new car" with a new certifications and powertrain this year.
The new S & X trims aren’t that much different in price nowadays though. Even the Plaid S cost more than the Plaid X

Reactions: bhzmark