Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see why the red one would have shipping wrap on it unless it's going to be delivered to a customer
During a Pilot run or full Production rub, its likely they wrap all the same areas no matter what the same destination. As they get ready for full production, the line runs as close to 100% manufacturing full spec. Therefore some of the cars we see may have had their wraps removed after it came off the line. If they went out on the track for timing trials, removing the wraps would be necessary for some of the data they need. Hours or days later.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I'm not sure they can fully realize the benefits of the 4680 without taking the weight of the floorpan out of the car (losing about 600lb of aluminum in the process). But, maybe they took taht into account and have a plan to just use different subframes and such? Who knows. I think we'll hear about it when the structural packs are a real thing though. Its' not the kind of thing you just let happen without standing in front of a crowd of people with a turtleneck on
I think Elon could hold said turtleneck event this evening and it would be PACKED

Edit: indeed, he can hold it any time of any day and I **will be awake for it** 🤓😎😆

Did anyone else notice that if you change your interior from black to white on the model S order page it pushes your delivery date back two months?? The model x doesn’t have the same push back.. but none the less interesting

in all honesty the thing I’m looking forward to most about getting my new X is no longer having a white interior.. after two teslas with a white interior I’m beyond over it

Reactions: Captkerosene
Any reason besides having something different? I read that white is great, easy to clean, etc
The white is great.. just ready for something different. They are easy to clean but over time do become less and less white.. to someone who didn’t own the car from day one they would never notice and would still be blown away by how white and clean the interior looks years later…but If you know how white they were at first or get into a white interior that is brand new after being in an older white interior the discoloration is much more noticeable

Considering TSLA was able to ramp up production for the S this much for Q3, Q4 is looking great for MX.

1633218182088.png

I don't think there is any hope to receive model X delivery by the end of 2021.

The model 3 sales is about 10x of model s in 2020 in the US: 206,500 vs 20,301. The model Y is said to sell even better than model 3. If I were Elon Musk, I would just double down on the production line of the two models and maximize the throughput, especially given the whole global shipping system is at risk, focusing on less things is way easier than trying to make us whining model x buyers happy.