Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may make sense to use the prototype Kato 4860 production to power the latest Model X. They probably want to put these cells into something, and the Model X is right there, almost next door. Stockpiling them to wait for CyberTruck or Semi production, then shipping them to Texas might not be optimal.

Could be used to provide real world data that could be used when building the tooling to manufacture these cells in vast quantities. Feedback could also help them in tweeking the chemistry in final production.
Would also help buyers to justify spending the additional $ to order an X over a Y.

Imagine discussions about the feasability are going on at internal meetings.

I spoke to Tesla on Friday and fwiw, the guy told me that production had begun on MX this quarter and they hope to get me mine by December at the latest and late October at the earliest. I placed my order early in January 2021 for delivery in early April and then showed a delivery date of August. No VIN issued yet but lets see what happens.
What is your vehicle’s specifications?

Nice! Love the blue in the X.. keep us updated hopefully you see that vin soon
B5A8470E-9178-40C1-9901-9C9B0D4B021C.jpeg

Maybe like this one I saw in SF tonight on top of the Geary Target