Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disagreed. With some firmware updates, freezes like this can happen frequently, though Tesla eventually releases a firmware update to fix it. I like to think of my Model S as a computer with 4 wheels.
I guess I can only comment from the friends I have and our own experience with our Y. So yeah I don’t have aggregate statistics… our experience has been highly non-glitchy. 🙂

And I really hope the X will be likewise.

Well enough mule sightings to get excited about as you noted. Especially when there are varying numbers sitting at the fly over area! In fact I got excited enough to tell my wife it, looks like they may actually be starting production! So I went to the website to see my Plaid order again since it has been a while……Then I noticed instead of estimated January delivery, there is no estimated delivery date there at all now….None. That line of type has vanished like the ambient lighting one…..No note of a delay or anything. Just no longer any mention of an expected delivery month, like it was never there. Only Tesla could get away with this crap, but here we sit, at their whim…

People who endure a lot appreciate their ultimate bliss more than those who don’t.

I’ve often laughed at this “first world problem” of waiting for our Model X’s.

Yes, it is, BUT together we are putting on the line a VERY large sum that represents an incredible amount of our labor (intellectual and physical). We’re putting a piece of our lives aside. We are going to appreciate the Model X like few can.

It’s the weirdest thing, but I feel like I will have something intangible in common with any other Model X refresh owner for some time to come. It must have been this way for the first Roadster owners, if not much more so.

Please tell me production is starting soon. My wife had decided to pull the trigger on a Mach-E but the the car is still at the factory despite the dealership making it sound like it was on the lot. And they wonder why everyone hates car dealerships.
We didn’t cancel our order for the LR X and would be much happier with the Tesla. 🤞
MSM, 22’s, Cream interior, FSD ordered in January. Delivery date still blank.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
People who endure a lot appreciate their ultimate bliss more than those who don’t.

I’ve often laughed at this “first world problem” of waiting for our Model X’s.

Yes, it is, BUT together we are putting on the line a VERY large sum that represents an incredible amount of our labor (intellectual and physical). We’re putting a piece of our lives aside. We are going to appreciate the Model X like few can.

It’s the weirdest thing, but I feel like I will have something intangible in common with any other Model X refresh owner for some time to come. It must have been this way for the first Roadster owners, if not much more so.
It’ll be like the old days when there were very few of us driving Tesla‘s. I always liked getting a thumbs up when I passed a fellow Tesla owner.

Please tell me production is starting soon. My wife had decided to pull the trigger on a Mach-E but the the car is still at the factory despite the dealership making it sound like it was on the lot. And they wonder why everyone hates car dealerships.
We didn’t cancel our order for the LR X and would be much happier with the Tesla. 🤞
MSM, 22’s, Cream interior, FSD ordered in January. Delivery date still blank.

Whatever you do don't cancel your MX order... Even if the mach-E comes in.... you have several options once deliveries start.... the car has appreciated in value about 10k and even 12K if you got the 2k credit.... Many will be desperate for one during the initial roll out, so you'll be able to sell your reservation or even sell the car for more than you paid. Or if you don't want to go through the hassle you can still cancel it then..

My 2017 X has an all glass roof. Obviously with FWDs the glass you can see through is limited. There are two glass panels that form a T shape between and in front of the FWDs that you can not see through but are still glass panels giving the car that front to back black glass look. From the perspective of wrapping an X at least, you do not have to worry about the top.
That's not an "all glass" roof as there is metal going across the roof to support the falcon wing doors and the roof isn't one large piece of glass. See the 2018+ Model S (or some late 2017 Model S) or the Model Y for an all glass roof.

This will be my 3rd X, I hope it is not a disappointment like the other 2. People think I'm crazy for trying a 3rd time.

I've also had a Model 3, Y, and Plaid S. The 3 and Y have been SOLID, never even been back to service centers. My last X was a 2018, so with the refresh and passage of time, I'm really hoping it has much better build quality.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I got the same message about a month after I ordered in Feb. They told me that completing my profile and having the loan squared away in their site would move me ahead of people who hadn’t completed everything……and here I sit :)
one can hope though things are moving along. I'm assuming i got that text when i ordered, but the fact they are following up now as production starts gives me hope that they are going to start allocating VINs.

I ordered my Plaid S a month before they started delivering and was the 2nd person to get it in NJ. Was supposed to be the first but I wasn't available the day it came in. Vs others I know who ordered the Plaid S a year before me living in the same area. Who knows how they allocate

This will be my 3rd X, I hope it is not a disappointment like the other 2. People think I'm crazy for trying a 3rd time.

I've also had a Model 3, Y, and Plaid S. The 3 and Y have been SOLID, never even been back to service centers. My last X was a 2018, so with the refresh and passage of time, I'm really hoping it has much better build quality.
Why were your first 2 model X’s disappointing other than build quality?

Reactions: MoneyWiz and Elixir