Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s super strange because I got a call but only for the Tesla delivery advisor to introduce themselves and have me save the Tesla Delivery phone number in my phone. No request to change my white/white/22/plaid/7seat to a 6 seat. Also played dumb when I asked about it.

Chicago area December 25th order still no call.

Currently No delivery window have had…Feb>March>August>December(8/14)>Blank(9/05)

At least 2 other people in the Chicago / Illinois area today received calls let’s hope these things happen in 3s. Will change config in a heartbeat(as long as I keep the pre refresh discount)

Ordered: LR, 20”, white, 5 seat, cream

Reactions: Tezhed9802
Not sure how all of the folks who ordered mid-2021 are getting calls before those that ordered earlier, especially if the order was in 2020!! That makes no sense and I'm sure more than a couple of people will be highly irritated that there's no rhyme or reason to who is being called and who isn't!

I'm guessing your order in queue relative to the others who decide to switch won't change. If you ordered before someone else and they got the call to switch before you, you'll still likely get yours first if you also change your order. The only reason this wouldn't be the case is if they do it by geographic region rather than when you ordered.

My only criticism of the steering yolk is in an emergency maneuver pressing the horn button may be a hassle. When reacting to a potential accident with usually a fraction of a second to do so your eyes need to be on the road. On an old car, smashing your hand in the center of the wheel is something you do not have to think about. But looking down to find a small touch button that is smaller than my thumbprint will be a problem. Especially if the wheel is turned and not straight.

My 2017 X was recently totaled from a 50mph 40,000lbs box truck that hit me from behind. The driver got a total of 11 citations for the accident, one of which was something to the effect of "Failure to notify of emergency situation with horn" or something like that.

Otherwise I am not worried about the turn signals, wipers, gear shifting, etc. I am looking forward to the Yolk! It is yet another wow-factor of the X, second to the FWDs (in my opinion)

I frequently drive in both NYC and the Miami area. For those of you who are from these areas you know what I mean when I say the horn needs to be accessible!
53912661.jpg

I used to drive a 1995 Honda Accord and it had horn thumb buttons. I think that all we will need to do is get used to the new 'weird' horn button in low-stakes situations so that when it IS an emergency,we have the muscle memory.

So I apologize in advance to my neighbors. While my kids are practicing the piano, clarinet, and saxophone, I'll be practicing the X Horn! 😂

And just like that my wife has changed all the things I was most excited about for the new plaid.. 5 seat and black interior both gone
Your wife has excellent taste. The white looks sooooo much better and the 6 seater is waaaay cooler. Also not sure why you were excited about 5 seats lol? Isn’t that just standard and vanilla as it gets on any car

And just like that my wife has changed all the things I was most excited about for the new plaid.. 5 seat and black interior both gone
I’m actually thinking about changing the interior and exterior color, but don’t want to pay anything extra. I am sure this has been covered ad nauseam, but has plaid seen a price increase or only LR? If I change something on my plaid order, should I expect to see a price increase? Sorry, I’m being lazy!

Correct, I did not and I'm not worried about the non folding seats as this car will be used to cart kids around mostly. As a bonus, the 2 kids sitting in the back will now be able to see the screen!
Absolutely a great decision by you! I personally wouldn’t want to depend on this car as the only means to cart large objects. Too much potential to damage the interior. Using a cheaper van or a truck might be wiser. Even renting one once in a while is better than taking a chance damaging the interior of your rather expensive Tesla investment.

• Love
Reactions: Tezhed9802
Because the red, following your analogy, is just so much better than the other options in every other way. You'll just have to deal with a rotten color... (red is not rotten, btw, the yoke is). The yoke/no stalks is a horrible decision as an only option, yet some of us just have to suck it up because we really want the rest of the car.

Personally my biggest issue is with the turn signal buttons. As a European it is obvious this was not made for our roads with a gazillion roundabouts and being legally required to signal in/out of them. (and at this point someone will comment and say it is easy - it is f-ing not!)
But Elon has already said that a soon-to-release update will predict lane changes and automatically turn on turn signals while changing lanes. So the need to press any button will soon be irrelevant.

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft