Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m actually thinking about changing the interior and exterior color, but don’t want to pay anything extra. I am sure this has been covered ad nauseam, but has plaid seen a price increase or only LR? If I change something on my plaid order, should I expect to see a price increase? Sorry, I’m being lazy!
No plaid price increase yet but it’s coming so hurry up

I’m actually thinking about changing the interior and exterior color, but don’t want to pay anything extra. I am sure this has been covered ad nauseam, but has plaid seen a price increase or only LR? If I change something on my plaid order, should I expect to see a price increase? Sorry, I’m being lazy!
No plaid price increase yet but it’s coming so hurry up
Any worries of changing config and having your order pushed back? I asked, in the middle of September, about changing wheels (from 22s to 20s) and my SA said any changes could cause delivery delays. Thoughts?

Guys....I have a 6 seater LR order placed on April 13th. My financing expired and so I wonder should I bother resubmitting an application (instead of switching to cash payment) now that we know that the 6 seaters are going to be delivered by EOY??
I switched mine to cash until I get a vin. Once that happens, I'll re-run my credit for leasing/financing, should I decide to go that route.

Your wife has excellent taste. The white looks sooooo much better and the 6 seater is waaaay cooler. Also not sure why you were excited about 5 seats lol? Isn’t that just standard and vanilla as it gets on any car
I sought and bought a used 5 seater. Has the most cargo space. 6 the seats don't fold, and 7 the folded seat takes up some under trunk space. If have to move most stuff, 5 seater has the most cargo room.

You need to read the entire Chapter 2 Sec 179 portion of this publication. Not a $25,900 purchase limit. Ask your tax guy.
The original point was a $30K tax deduction on a $100K purchase. The limit is $25,900 for a purchase of any amount, including $100K. Therefore the $30K tax savings won't be realized. Maybe $10K deduction? The law was changed in 2020. From IRS Pub 946.

Sport Utility and Certain Other Vehicles You cannot elect to expense more than $25,900 of the cost of any heavy sport utility vehicle (SUV) and certain other vehicles placed in service in tax years beginning in 2020. This rule applies to any 4-wheeled vehicle primarily designed or used to carry passengers over public streets, roads, or highways that is rated at more than 6,000 pounds gross vehicle weight and not more than 14,000...... (more in the Pub)

Reactions: jbcarioca
I agree that I don't fold down the middle rows of my minivan neay as often as I thought I would. But I'm a little bummed about not being able to camp out in the Tesla like you can with 5 or 7. Seems fun.
there is a way you can camp in the 6 seater, if you are camping alone you can put a cooler in between the second row and lay strait down the middle.