Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry I have another question, first time Tesla pick up. I am at the Agreement page and this is what I see. It says that there is already a 106 mile on this vehicle? Is this typical? Usually this only happens if its a loaner or test vehicle at the dealer right?
View attachment 722033
Typically it's under 50 miles, but with the first car being delivered I'd assume more miles for extra testing... But who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️ - btw did they have you switch you configuration at all? Eg from 7 to 6 seater?

I just logged into my Tesla account and now see a blue oval reading: "GET TESLA INSURANCE." And under it says "You'll be able to purchase as your delivery date approaches." One would think the Tesla insurance would be the best price but may not be the case. I'll have to compare. I will say that my quote from State Farm was very reasonable.

I just logged into my Tesla account and now see a blue oval reading: "GET TESLA INSURANCE." And under it says "You'll be able to purchase as your delivery date approaches." One would think the Tesla insurance would be the best price but may not be the case. I'll have to compare. I will say that my quote from State Farm was very reasonable.
I don't see that, can you send a screen shot

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Are you able to share what price State Farm quoted you? This will be my first Tesla so have no idea how much more it cost to ensure a luxury electric car.

I don't see that, can you send a screen shot
1634337002343.png

Like this

Well bud I hope you’re not messing around lol. Between sawyer Merritt tweeting it, the article, and Reddit… I would say there’s probably close to a million eyes on this… it’s not just the folks in this thread.

Even in Canada too :)

Just speaking to everyone in general and no-one in particular: It's been a long wait (and for some, such as myself, it'll be longer). Chill out, and be good to each other.

Bruce.
YES! Thank you for the reminder Bruce. There's a guy on YouTube named Lars "Best In Tesla" and he ends all of his videos with, "Don't forget to Be Nice"

I love it!

This is likely related to you being in Texas, where Tesla just announced availability of their "real time" insurance offering. Even though Tesla already offers insurance in California, they aren't using the real time driving monitoring data to set rates (yet) but it seems they will start with that approach in Texas.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
The insurance in Texas from Tesla so far is terrible. I have a safety score of 98 and I was quoted 750 every six months for my Model 3. If you have a Model X or S, it's higher (obviously). But I currently pay 900 for two people on two cars (2017 Explorer extra vehicle). So the premium isn't very good. Also, keep in mind that the values we get quoted are based on everyone starting at 90 for the first month until they have enough data to truly see your driving habits. I'm sure they will try their best to sell it to us here in Texas as we get closer to closing on our MX.

• Informative
Reactions: croman