Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that we are all getting close :oops: -- well closer -- to receiving our vehicles, it would be fun to see who is planning to protect their cars through:

1. PPF (front only or full car),
2. Ceramic coating,
3. Wrap,
4. Doing nothing at all...

Hope this question isn't inappropriate for the thread....
I was thinking about doing ceramic but read about some possible issues with the FWDs. The new user manual warns against wraps and coatings explicitly. Now I’m thinking about doing ceramic everywhere except those doors.

Wouldn’t wrap be redundant to PPF, ie, wouldn’t you do one or the other?
Not PPF, sorry, but clear bra. My quote is below.

1634611192293.png

I live in Massachusetts and I just got the call from Tesla asking if I want to switch from a 5 seat configuration to a 6 seat. I told the person that I would love to as long as it doesn’t cost me a penny more. To which he explained there would be an up charge if I agreed to the change. I told him that I could barely afford the extra $8000 I’m getting smacked with since I ordered back in 2020. And then went on to ask him why no one at Tesla has bothered to call me or write regarding my order since January of 2021. I told him I got a loan, I arranged insurance, I bought and installed a wall connector all in anticipation of a March delivery that never happened. I explain to him that I find it odd that the one and only communication from Tesla to me since I agreed to the price increase for the new refresh Model X is in October to change my configuration to accommodate Tesla’s needs. I told him that it’s unconscionable that no one in Tesla leadership ( nor Elon , but a VP, Director, Manager) has bothered to send an email or a phone call explaining why the March delivery was missed, The issues that arose due to the chip shortage and a clear defined date for delivery of my order. I told him my service advisor is a nice guy but he knows nothing because corporate tells him nothing. And spending $87,000 on a car one would expect a higher level of customer service. I assume tesla still wants my money. If they don’t want my money let me know because I could save a lot of money buying a different brand.
he was a very nice guy and listen to my rant and apologized. He stated that he was an economics major in college and completely understands my frustration and concerns. He was going to contact customer loyalty to have someone reach out to me and discuss where I am in the queue and my concerns about my order. Like I said he’s a very nice guy, but I’m not gonna hold my breath.
"Tesla Customer Loyalty Department" seems like an oxymoron doesn't it?

Now that we are all getting close :oops: -- well closer -- to receiving our vehicles, it would be fun to see who is planning to protect their cars through:

2. Ceramic coating,
3. Wrap,

XPEL stealth and ceramic coating. Also gonna give our 2017 same treatment to give it some love. Don’t want to be too obvious with favorites.

2. Ceramic coating,
3. Wrap,

I’d like to do complete PPF & ceramic coating. It will all come down to cost.

This is our 4th Tesla and I have never been poorly treated. Now, that might be because I don’t interact - intentionally or by unfortunate fate - with Tesla except in very limited circumstances. Or it might sometimes be that people who interact with others are very poor at it.
Interestingly, it's not active poor customer service... But rather passive. Better stated, poor expectation management.

February
Tesla: Line up to plop down 100k for a best in class vehicle that will be delivered in the next few weeks.
Us: DONE!
Tesla: Thanks, your estimated delivery is in 2 months.
Us: Okay, deal!

April
Tesla: Thanks, your estimated delivery is in 6 months.
Us: Mmmmkay....

September
Tesla: Thanks, your estimated delivery is _____.
Us: Ummmmmm

*Tesla actually starts producing vehicles*
Tesla: ___________

You see, not poor service like a server with an attitude... But rather poor service like an Electrify America charging station... You just expect better. (Zing)

You get to pay us more to get your car that should have been delivered early this year with something you originally didnt want ;) Im on the fence, if I get the call :p
Right! It's like the TSA and Pre-Check in the US. We're going to slow your travel down so much that you can't stand it... And then... And only then, will we invent a paid solution to the problem that we created. 😂

View attachment 723119
Do you think having a child seat in one of the rear passenger seats would cause this function not to work? (Page 30 of the new owner’s manual)

1st off, this is a future feature... so, not an immediate concern (kid could be in college before feature fully functional. )

2nd, I am pretty sure it will be tied to the seatbelt or pressure pads in the rear seats... so, not only child seats, but also dogs...

I was thinking about doing ceramic but read about some possible issues with the FWDs. The new user manual warns against wraps and coatings explicitly. Now I’m thinking about doing ceramic everywhere except those doors.
Whoa, this is the first time I’ve read this.
I’ve been seriously planning on getting a matte full-vehicle PPF (like Xpel stealth) plus ceramic.
My X is red and I wanted a subdued effect.

But I don’t want FWD issues!!!

Anybody with experience please chime in.

Reactions: Elixir
Whoa, this is the first time I’ve read this.
I’ve been seriously planning on getting a matte full-vehicle PPF (like Xpel stealth) plus ceramic.
My X is red and I wanted a subdued effect.

But I don’t want FWD issues!!!

Anybody with experience please chime in.
Without knowing what that claim might mean, I've got a full stealth PPF on my red 3 Performance and there's never been a single issue related to it from sensors etc. Hard to imagine what a wrap would do to anything on the car.

Regardless, we will definitely be getting full PPF on the car. From both protection but also ease of maintenance. You just hose the car down and wipe it off. Doesn't matter what is on it. I love it.

Got a response via txt! My wife and I both screamed with joy.

"Hi Eric, This is Sandra. You are part of the campaign for the conversion of 6 seats. Please wait for the team to reach out to you. Thanks."

😳 😁View attachment 723091
This makes me so happy as well. Our orders are exactly 2 months apart. Mine is 4/13...LR...white exterior and cream interior ...No FSD...and we'e both in PHX!! fingers crossed