Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is really funny! It reminded me of the Indiana Jones Adventure ride at Disneyland! Where there are 3 tracks to get through the ride, and you don't know which one you are going to be on....

I use Autopilot on the freeway... and it's kind of like that whenever you get to a fork in the road.... no two rides are ever alike!

Reactions: focher
Called the rep told me nothing in the computer as far as a timeline for my car (Ordered May 21 for Blue/Black int, 5 seat, 20", FSD). Gave me the usual "things are moving slow due to parts shortages but are moving. Told her I would be willing to change to 6 seat she asked me if I got the call. Told her no but I would be willing to after discussing with my wife. She said she would "check with my team" and put me on a hold for a while and then the phone hung up lol. Called back spoke with Paul who said she basically just put in a note to have a SA talk to me but if you weren't reached out to directly they can't request or change the order to 6 seater. Have to wait for that part of Tesla to call me if I'm on their list. Also said not having EDD is normal right now as they ramp up production they will see how fast they are making them and update EDD accordingly. Hope that helps some people.

I live in Massachusetts and I just got the call from Tesla asking if I want to switch from a 5 seat configuration to a 6 seat. I told the person that I would love to as long as it doesn’t cost me a penny more. To which he explained there would be an up charge if I agreed to the change. I told him that I could barely afford the extra $8000 I’m getting smacked with since I ordered back in 2020. And then went on to ask him why no one at Tesla has bothered to call me or write regarding my order since January of 2021. I told him I got a loan, I arranged insurance, I bought and installed a wall connector all in anticipation of a March delivery that never happened. I explain to him that I find it odd that the one and only communication from Tesla to me since I agreed to the price increase for the new refresh Model X is in October to change my configuration to accommodate Tesla’s needs. I told him that it’s unconscionable that no one in Tesla leadership ( nor Elon , but a VP, Director, Manager) has bothered to send an email or a phone call explaining why the March delivery was missed, The issues that arose due to the chip shortage and a clear defined date for delivery of my order. I told him my service advisor is a nice guy but he knows nothing because corporate tells him nothing. And spending $87,000 on a car one would expect a higher level of customer service. I assume tesla still wants my money. If they don’t want my money let me know because I could save a lot of money buying a different brand.
he was a very nice guy and listen to my rant and apologized. He stated that he was an economics major in college and completely understands my frustration and concerns. He was going to contact customer loyalty to have someone reach out to me and discuss where I am in the queue and my concerns about my order. Like I said he’s a very nice guy, but I’m not gonna hold my breath.

I live in Massachusetts and I just got the call from Tesla asking if I want to switch from a 5 seat configuration to a 6 seat. I told the person that I would love to as long as it doesn’t cost me a penny more. To which he explained there would be an up charge if I agreed to the change. I told him that I could barely afford the extra $8000 I’m getting smacked with since I ordered back in 2020. And then went on to ask him why no one at Tesla has bothered to call me or write regarding my order since January of 2021. I told him I got a loan, I arranged insurance, I bought and installed a wall connector all in anticipation of a March delivery that never happened. I explain to him that I find it odd that the one and only communication from Tesla to me since I agreed to the price increase for the new refresh Model X is in October to change my configuration to accommodate Tesla’s needs. I told him that it’s unconscionable that no one in Tesla leadership ( nor Elon , but a VP, Director, Manager) has bothered to send an email or a phone call explaining why the March delivery was missed, The issues that arose due to the chip shortage and a clear defined date for delivery of my order. I told him my service advisor is a nice guy but he knows nothing because corporate tells him nothing. And spending $87,000 on a car one would expect a higher level of customer service. I assume tesla still wants my money. If they don’t want my money let me know because I could save a lot of money buying a different brand.
he was a very nice guy and listen to my rant and apologized. He stated that he was an economics major in college and completely understands my frustration and concerns. He was going to contact customer loyalty to have someone reach out to me and discuss where I am in the queue and my concerns about my order. Like I said he’s a very nice guy, but I’m not gonna hold my breath.

I echo your sentiment completely.

I forgot to mention, when I asked about my actual five seat order he said that it probably won’t be coming until first quarter. I died inside a little bit. I have a 2020 order for a pearl white, five seat & 20” Cyberstream wheels. What galls me is most companies would offer you something for the delay, bring back free supercharging, upgrade you to the six seat, couple of years of free connectivity, some thing for Christ sake!

Tesla is a wincingly arrogant company that at all times does what’s in Tesla’s short term interests. I know at least two individuals who have owned 3 Teslas, avowed that they are by far the best cars they have ever owned, but have sold their Teslas and sworn never to buy another bc they have been treated so poorly of late. With no reciprocal loyalty whatsoever. Some day Tesla won’t be able to simply rely on the vast superiority of its products and act with effective disdain for its customers. That day is probably 3 years out at least. Until then those of us who adore technology will have to whore ourselves out if we want the best and suffer the indignities that come with that choice. Let’s at least go into the bargain eyes wide open.

I forgot to mention, when I asked about my actual five seat order he said that it probably won’t be coming until first quarter. I died inside a little bit. I have a 2020 order for a pearl white, five seat & 20” Cyberstream wheels. What galls me is most companies would offer you something for the delay, bring back free supercharging, upgrade you to the six seat, couple of years of free connectivity, some thing for Christ sake!
But you ARE getting something. A 2022 VIN.

That was all much more productive than my conversation with my service advisor who essentially canceled my order. He took my empty threats literally. It resulted in me paying extra money and getting in the back of the line when I had to re-order it!

Tesla is a wincingly arrogant company that at all times does what’s in Tesla’s short term interests. I know at least two individuals who have owned 3 Teslas, avowed that they are by far the best cars they have ever owned, but have sold their Teslas and sworn never to buy another bc they have been treated so poorly of late. With no reciprocal loyalty whatsoever. Some day Tesla won’t be able to simply rely on the vast superiority of its products and act with effective disdain for its customers. That day is probably 3 years out at least. Until then those of us who adore technology will have to whore ourselves out if we want the best and suffer the indignities that come with that choice. Let’s at least go into the bargain eyes wide open.
This is our 4th Tesla and I have never been poorly treated. Now, that might be because I don’t interact - intentionally or by unfortunate fate - with Tesla except in very limited circumstances. Or it might sometimes be that people who interact with others are very poor at it.

Long Time Reader, First Time Poster (and owner).

LR, 6 seat, Black int, Black ext, 22, FSD…Ordered in February. Currently no EDD.

I spoke with Tesla today, thank you for posting the information. Although the nice rep did not provide concrete information about delivery, he said that having no EDD was likely a good thing. Interesting, right or maybe not? That said, he was VERY confident that I would should see delivery in Q4. Man oh man, they got us by balls.

Long Time Reader, First Time Poster (and owner).

LR, 6 seat, Black int, Black ext, 22, FSD…Ordered in February. Currently no EDD.

I spoke with Tesla today, thank you for posting the information. Although the nice rep did not provide concrete information about delivery, he said that having no EDD was likely a good thing. Interesting, right or maybe not? That said, he was VERY confident that I would should see delivery in Q4. Man oh man, they got us by balls.
OMG awesome username I have to say! :) Also all people who have seen Dumb and Dumber know this is too perfect lol! That movie was just being discussed last night! 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: TWENT2
Based on the new manual; no rear armrest on any configurations. Seats fold down 60/40

Thank you!
This does make it a bit odd to choose from the various seat configs… 4-5 people plus a long item (surfboard, skis) would be more comfortable in a 6 seater than a 7 seater. In that scenario, you couldn’t take 5 people in the 7 seater… go figure.

Edit: ok, possible to take 5 in the 7 seater in that scenario but two people are going to be really friendly.

Last edited:
That was all much more productive than my conversation with my service advisor who essentially canceled my order. He took my empty threats literally. It resulted in me paying extra money and getting in the back of the line when I had to re-order it!
I don't think Tesla is actually following any reservation line, they didn't with model 3 orders except for a short while and they seem to be doing the same with the X looking at EDDs and the few delivered this week. So at least you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Reactions: jbrowdy
the cream interior doesn't look too good with the white exterior. i think cream looks good with anything except white exterior. seen plenty of cream model s and they look great with red, etc...
Cream doesn’t look good with any exterior in my opinion. It looks like a latte exploded and was smeared all over the seats.

Thank you!
This does make it a bit odd to choose from the various seat configs… 4-5 people plus a long item (surfboard, skis) would be more comfortable in a 6 seater than a 7 seater. In that scenario, you couldn’t take 5 people in the 7 seater… go figure.
Sure you could, just fold the single seat and one of the rear seats, and you can fit long items and seat 5 people. Done it many times. Youd have to sit right next to each other on the middle bench of course, so yes 6 seater would be more comfy

Reactions: geometro
Cream doesn’t look good with any exterior in my opinion. It looks like a latte exploded and was smeared all over the seats.
My 2019, white with cream, no latte.

Attachments

• 7E46AB36-0A0D-4BA0-B866-5BB94C43A963.jpeg
    7E46AB36-0A0D-4BA0-B866-5BB94C43A963.jpeg
    535.2 KB · Views: 82