Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly, I wished for a larger pack as opposed to a slightly diminished range. Still, at this point the range of the X is essentially the best of what's out on the market at the moment so far as I know. I wonder what will happen when/if the 4680s get installed - whether the focus will be a range increase or a weight savings. I was hoping for the Plaid+ packs to make it a simple decision.
Same. I'm looking for a tow vehicle. Anyone know what the actual real-world range is for the LR refresh (not just the specs on tesla.com).

Same. I'm looking for a tow vehicle. Anyone know what the actual real-world range is for the LR refresh (not just the specs on tesla.com).

I get rated on my S during all months except December and January. I get better than rated during fall and spring. Avg wh/mi is only 6 percent more than rated over lifetime 313wh/mi. Newer cars are even more efficient. I think the new LR S rated is 220wh/mi. X is way less efficient but having a heat pump and better aero can only help all driver's achieve closer to rated no matter the conditions.

Towing will kill range. Hard to estimate that.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I’ve got exact same car ordered and in the same part of the country but ordered a few weeks before you. My call date was a couple days before you 10/19. You better not try to steal my car. I’ll be watching you 22! (excellent taste by the way)
bc0566af4a8cfbc56dff14e812425462.jpeg

If you are reading this, you are likely to be ridiculously annoyed by this whole car buying process. I am a Plaid reservation holder and I am getting even more agitated, as it seems like all the love is going to long range holders. Does anyone who has a Plaid order out there have any nuggets of information from their service advisors? I spoke with one a few weeks ago, and he seemed optimistic that I would get my vehicle this year. I then spoke to one the other day who was lifeless and humorless and told me that the information on the website is all there is to go on.

I know, I know. Everyone here knows more than service advisors. Just looking for something to give me a little optimism on this gray, cold and rainy day in the Midwest!
I also noticed that the LR is getting more 'movement' - I happen to be a LR order so I'm pleasantly surprised that we're moving first. But just imagine what it will be like when you finally get yours. And when we have DragTimes doing videos of the Plaid X absolutely DUSTING supercars. You will likely wait a bit longer... but when you get your 5/6/7 seat ROCKET, it will be worth it.

For now, we're all waiting together. I'll keep my ear to the ground for any Plaid info.

Reactions: Niranga and neo1738
I also noticed that the LR is getting more 'movement' - I happen to be a LR order so I'm pleasantly surprised that we're moving first. But just imagine what it will be like when you finally get yours. And when we have DragTimes doing videos of the Plaid X absolutely DUSTING supercars. You will likely wait a bit longer... but when you get your 5/6/7 seat ROCKET, it will be worth it.

For now, we're all waiting together. I'll keep my ear to the ground for any Plaid info.
See - that’s what I’m talking about! A little Peptalk is all I needed!

• Love
Reactions: ammulder and TWENT2
What are our thoughts on the new Tesla colors? The "Deep Crimson Multicoat" is almost deep purple/red and a personal favorite. I don't know about you but if these color options are offered in the next few months I would absolutely update my order and move to the back of the line :)

1635538428206.png

If you don't know what I am talking about, check out Ryan Shaw's video at 4:15

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
What are our thoughts on the new Tesla colors? The "Deep Crimson Multicoat" is almost deep purple/red and a personal favorite. I don't know about you but if these color options are offered in the next few months I would absolutely update my order and move to the back of the line :)

View attachment 727238
If you don't know what I am talking about, check out Ryan Shaw's video at 4:15

Those are coming out of the new paint studio they’re building in giga Texas…. And as far as I know there’s no plans to make the X there any time soon

Those are coming out of the new paint studio they’re building in giga Texas…. And as far as I know there’s no plans to make the X there any time soon
Is that confirmed?
The video just showed Elon's tweet saying that the most advanced paint shop is in Berlin. Not that new colors are exclusive to Texas. It also showed a Crimson MS at Fremont.
I don't know much about paint or why only an "advanced" paint shop could make new colors but I feel like it should be as easy as loading a different color paint into the sprayer.