Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t see how the MX could qualify under any circumstances for the new rebates even given where the sales price was at the beginning of the year, namely 90k for the base “LR” model (88 for pre-refresh orders). There is no way that I can see Tesla could you structure the sale to enable purchasers to access the credit even if they wanted to.

Exactly, disqualified because of income. Stupid taxes and stupid income limits haha
The real problem with the income limits is you have too many Senators from poor red states who think $500k/year is uber rich. In Alabama it may be. New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and many cities in blue states it isn't. Take West Virginia as an example (Senator with too much power) median price of a home is $108k. In California it is over $500k. And the price limits are also too low. But again it is a relative perspective.

Only thing that will matter is total amount due in sales contract. Anything added after sale will not count. Anything included in sales agreement, including all options, will count towards the limit.

What are your thoughts on the bonus accelerated depreciation and whether the new X qualifies? I believe it's gross weight plus occupant weight is less than previous years.

1636326062164.png

Model X on way down by Bakersfield via Zach on twitter