Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone has any experience with this, but:

Looking at the new estimates for US delivers being set to (if you order now) June; what timeframe should I add to that for EU deliveries? Currently, on the Dutch site, it mentions 'end of 2022'. At the time I ordered, it said 'mid 2022'. Asking the SA at that time, normally from order to delivery it took about 2 to 2.5 months to get from the US to NL. Taking that into account, it would mean that current orders would end up here somewhere around the September/October timeframe (most likely October, as that falls in the 'end of 2022' sentiment.)

TL;DR; does anyone have any experience with previous launches or refreshes what time I should add between a US delivery and something in Europe (applicable to S and X currently, as the 3 and Y come from China or Germany (at some point)
On our last Tesla delivery, they did new owners event a few months before we received the cars. The person giving one presentation was a manager in the shipping and distribution unit. He said they tend to produce European and Asian cars early in the quarter because it takes a month or more to send them by ship, and then they have to be checked by the European or Asian authorities. Only when that is done can they be shipped to Service/Delivery Centers. This was driven by recognizing revenue in the quarter.

I am not sure Tesla feels the same quarterly pressure today that they did in late 2019.

• Helpful
Reactions: Notna
Not sure if anyone has any experience with this, but:

Looking at the new estimates for US delivers being set to (if you order now) June; what timeframe should I add to that for EU deliveries? Currently, on the Dutch site, it mentions 'end of 2022'. At the time I ordered, it said 'mid 2022'. Asking the SA at that time, normally from order to delivery it took about 2 to 2.5 months to get from the US to NL. Taking that into account, it would mean that current orders would end up here somewhere around the September/October timeframe (most likely October, as that falls in the 'end of 2022' sentiment.)

TL;DR; does anyone have any experience with previous launches or refreshes what time I should add between a US delivery and something in Europe (applicable to S and X currently, as the 3 and Y come from China or Germany (at some point)

From what i read on the Model S, the reservations are expected to be delivered in the summer, around 1 year after the release on the US, if that comes true, we will probably see the same on Model X we will only see it in Europe by the end of next year, i order mine on beginning of august, at that time the deliveries where April/May, let's hope Tesla start building them fast so we can have as soon as possible.

On the bright side, later deliver means the first productions issues, are resolved, or at least we can hope so.

Reactions: Notna
Can I vent? Good!

I took the whole day off yesterday per @EV_LIFE's recommendation. Didn't check once, hoping I could make nice with the VIN Gods, who would kindly bless us with good news today. No such luck!

My gut (and nothing more) tells me we start seeing VIN's in high numbers by 11/15 with the a push to start mass deliveries in early December. I really hope I'm wrong, though.

Maybe this is where the 4680 batteries they've produced so far are going into.

Okay, So the CEO of PepsiCo expects his delivery of the brand new Semi to be in Q4... I'm sure his EDD is Blank 😂 Y'all, let's do him a favor! He needs us:

Can I vent? Good!

I took the whole day off yesterday per @EV_LIFE's recommendation. Didn't check once, hoping I could make nice with the VIN Gods, who would kindly bless us with good news today. No such luck!

My gut (and nothing more) tells me we start seeing VIN's in high numbers by 11/15 with the a push to start mass deliveries in early December. I really hope I'm wrong, though.
Agreed. When I got 'The Call' the guy said that delivery should be late November/early December. That would put VIN at mid to late November.
But, because Tesla has created a MX information desert, I will continue checking this forum 2-75 times per day. 😂

The real problem with the income limits is you have too many Senators from poor red states who think $500k/year is uber rich. In Alabama it may be. New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and many cities in blue states it isn't. Take West Virginia as an example (Senator with too much power) median price of a home is $108k. In California it is over $500k. And the price limits are also too low. But again it is a relative perspective.
At the risk of veering into politics, this statement is absolute garbage. You don't list where in Cali you live, but in the Bay Area, San Mateo county, median household income was $122,641 in 2019 (I lived there for 16 years). So you are talking about 4X median household income. That level of income is extremely comfortable, even in San Mateo County.

The goal of these tax credits are to push people into EVs that would not otherwise buy one. You and all of us on here would buy an EV even without the tax credit. So these tax credits are not for us.

Don't get me wrong, we "working rich" pay the highest tax rates in the country. Way higher than the uber rich. So I appreciate wanting to get a little back for all that we pay in. But you can see the optics for the politicians of someone who is able to buy a $100k MX crying about not getting a tax credit.

At the risk of veering into politics, this statement is absolute garbage. You don't list where in Cali you live, but in the Bay Area, San Mateo county, median household income was $122,641 in 2019 (I lived there for 16 years). So you are talking about 4X median household income. That level of income is extremely comfortable, even in San Mateo County.

The goal of these tax credits are to push people into EVs that would not otherwise buy one. You and all of us on here would buy an EV even without the tax credit. So these tax credits are not for us.

Don't get me wrong, we "working rich" pay the highest tax rates in the country. Way higher than the uber rich. So I appreciate wanting to get a little back for all that we pay in. But you can see the optics for the politicians of someone who is able to buy a $100k MX crying about not getting a tax credit.
Your points are well taken, but in the end if the goal is to move as many people as possible to electric vehicles then you have to appeal to all socioeconomic classes. Does Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi etc still sell lots of gas powered vehicles? Of course they do. Tons of them in fact. Are they generally some of the biggest gas burners? Sure they are. They sell those to the same customer that might buy an S or X or even Y's and 3's. So the incentive is trying to push all people, including the person with the ability and desire to buy a nice Mercedes or BMW, into choosing an EV instead. Money talks even for financially upper class Americans. Everybody likes to save money and truly it is the financially blessed who have begun the move into electric and they will be the ones who continue to push it forward for years to come. You’re right though that it doesn’t sound good for a politician to make such a statement.

Don't get me wrong, we "working rich" pay the highest tax rates in the country. Way higher than the uber rich. So I appreciate wanting to get a little back for all that we pay in. But you can see the optics for the politicians of someone who is able to buy a $100k MX crying about not getting a tax credit
Couldn’t agree more with everything you said. For the same reasons most if not all of us didn’t qualify for stimulus checks that people were getting.

Your points are well taken, but in the end if the goal is to move as many people as possible to electric vehicles then you have to appeal to all socioeconomic classes. Does Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi etc still sell lots of gas powered vehicles? Of course they do. Tons of them in fact. Are they generally some of the biggest gas burners? Sure they are. They sell those to the same customer that might buy an S or X or even Y's and 3's. So the incentive is trying to push all people, including the person with the ability and desire to buy a nice Mercedes or BMW, into choosing an EV instead. Money talks even for financially upper class Americans. Everybody likes to save money and truly it is the financially blessed who have begun the move into electric and they will be the ones who continue to push it forward for years to come. You’re right though that it doesn’t sound good for a politician to make such a statement.
I believe this is 100% correct. This legislation lost its focus. Incentives for electric vehicles should be used to reduce fossil fuel energy dependence, reduce greenhouse gases, etc. Instead, it feels more like a social tool. Wealthy people emit as much pollution from their ICE vehicles as those who are less fortunate.

I think the legislation is mishmashing issues by offering tax relief to lower income individuals and not to higher income individuals, who supposedly don’t need it. The point of the incentive is not income redistribution - it is to move the needle on human behavior so that we can do you things like stop global warming. Mother Earth doesn’t care who’s car is emitting carbon monoxide.

As you move to upper car price levels the buyers tend to be people that will buy without rebates. Sure everyone wants a rebate, it's "free money". But, buyers want an X, S, S class Mercedes, Porsche, BMW 5/7 Lexus LX, etc., and will buy what they want regardless of a $5K-10K rebate.

As you move to upper car price levels the buyers tend to be people that will buy without rebates. Sure everyone wants a rebate, it's "free money". But, buyers want an X, S, S class Mercedes, Porsche, BMW 5/7 Lexus LX, etc., and will buy what they want regardless of a $5K-10K rebate.
Not really. Most people buying a ~$100k car are not "super rich" and $5~10K is not negligible. You can see frequent discussions about getting a few more percent of discount in all Porsche/MB/BMW forums (even for Porsche 911s, MB G glass).