Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On another note I’ve officially been reading this thread too much. I dreamed I showed up to a party and Fulth’s model X was in the driveway. The doors were unlocked so I hopped in the back to check it out with my wife. After a few minutes he came out and was like “wtf dude” and I was really apologetic but said hey you’re Fulth right? I’m on the forum thread too.

Then he fist bumped and was not as pissed at me for being in his vehicle.
What a dream! I love to show off my car, I also am totally willing to do test rides with people and normally let them do a quick drive themselves. I did lots of butts in seats experiences for people while I lived up in North Dakota. I'd be happy to let people check it out, but I don't think I live that close to anyone on here.

At this point I don’t even care about the Model year. I just want/need the freaking car already. I know it will hurt me when I decide to sell it or trade it in, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get there I guess.
Model year means little with a Tesla. They add or remove major features when they are ready to go and do not wait until a "model year".

I purposely deferred 6 seats when I got the call so more likely for the 2022 model year VIN and really prefer 7 seats. I don't want one sitting out in the sun day after day for weeks and weeks. My cars are garaged when not on the road and even at work, in the shade. Therefore I hope I don't get one of these. I will wait...

You know, I didn't think about that. I agree.

Reactions: Elixir
Another Fremont video. I can't tell whether more are piling up in the test lot, but the videographer thinks it's depleting.
Before he showed the screen shot of the previous week, i would have guessed more. What is wierd is not seeing any X's in the logistic lot if they are moving from the track you should see a couple being loaded up

....which nobody but a bunch of nerds on the internet understands
Exactly. It’s just a bunch of us forum nerds. Even my friend who has an X doesn’t know half the things about it. He relies on me telling him these random things. At the end of the day, a 2021 will definitely be worth less than a 2022 on the open market, even if they’re just a day apart in build date. People look up values on KBB, compare to other similar model years, etc.

I hate to keep bringing up this tow rating stuff, but I can’t find any information on other cars’ vertical load/bike rating. Even on the BMW X7 forums (and others), everyone just goes by the tongue rating.

I totally get the whole levered and unsprung weight argument, but I can’t find any other SUV’s bike ratings to compare to the 120 lbs Tesla states. What is typical?

Yep.

BTW anybody want to buy my 2021 Long Range Plus with 15,000 miles on it for $110,000? It has the 7-seat upgrade, a $3500 value! Get it months before you'll get your new order! Dog snot still included. really I'm still selling at a loss because I will make a lot less profit than if I had just invested the money last year, I promise :p

This sounds hilarious until you consider there are two 2020 Long Ranges for sale locally with 19 and 55 thousand miles, respectively, for $96,000 and $90,000 respectively. That plus and the extra model year has got to be worth at least 14 grand

Reactions: TWENT2 and nBar5EV1
I hate to keep bringing up this tow rating stuff, but I can’t find any information on other cars’ vertical load/bike rating. Even on the BMW X7 forums (and others), everyone just goes by the tongue rating.

I totally get the whole levered and unsprung weight argument, but I can’t find any other SUV’s bike ratings to compare to the 120 lbs Tesla states. What is typical?

I think this might be a peculiarity of the Bosal style hitch.

B3C88500-C218-4344-B9B1-2EA9C905E1DA.jpeg

Well at least I finally have something in my garage with the name Tesla on it. Now I feel like I’m all dressed up for prom but i’m being stood up….