Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Fulkth - can you tell us about road noise compared to older Model X or any other cars you’ve had experience with?
Way better than my 2018 Model 3. I want to point out that the 2018 3s have worse noise than most 2019+ 3/Y, they changed trunk design to eliminate some road noise in early 2019 I believe. I can try some decibel tests with an app, although phone microphone measurements probably aren't the most accurate.

If you’re worried about them hitting you can set the doors to only open 1/2 way at your house. They open up then out when a tight space is detected.

I have a few boxes on my wall that go between the Enphase batteries and the breaker and I was worried the FWD would hit them since they’re small but stick out. It’s never been an issue, even when I’m parked really close to it (my wife parks way over because she’s worried she’ll hit the side of the garage door.
Thanks for the reply. I’m neurotic about these things and am always worried some object will not be detected (like the rail attachment in the photo). Good to know about the manual intervention and the 1/2 height option.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 83
Just found myself designing a r1s 😂😭😭 available jan 2022 might do it and get whichever come first that or the X 😤
Good luck - they haven’t delivered a single vehicle to a non employee yet that I’m aware of and are building the trucks at like 1 per day rate? The suv I’d guess more like summer 2022 to start customer deliveries.

I’m worried about this too. NYC Suburb v low garage ceiling.
Thanks for the reply. I’m neurotic about these things and am always worried some object will not be detected (like the rail attachment in the photo). Good to know about the manual intervention and the 1/2 height option.
I had the same thought/issue with the garage door arm that sticks out. Turns out at least with my X and garage there is just enough room to open the door. However if I were to open or close the garage door that protruding arm that you (@VulcansDontCry) pictured would totally hit the car. (in my scenario at least)

1636833169991.png

Reactions: jkhanesq and Fulkth
Just found myself designing a r1s 😂😭😭 available jan 2022 might do it and get whichever come first that or the X 😤
They say they are going to begin deliveries in January, and that’s for people who are at the beginning of the line. I know many people ordered several years ago but I am not very hopeful January will even happen. Additionally, I think they have around 50,000 orders between the R1T and the R1S. At the rate they are supposedly producing them, it will take forever to see these cars come out in any reasonable volume. I put an order in for an R1S in March of this year. I don’t expect to see it before the X, but who knows??

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hm wow I am not sure it would detect that. Maybe put a big sheet of metal on it or something to make sure it is detected? I'll put a picture up later of the door options.

Reactions: VulcansDontCry
Wondering the same thing as my garage doors are 8 foot ceilings. I even left a video and comment on YouTube. 😄

I am considering removing my rail garage door motor and installing a jack shaft motor along with increased radius curves to get the garage door closer to the ceiling
You can raise the fwd manually by holding the button on the door pillar or on the touch screen, then hit the button to set the doors to always open full "at this location."

Believe that manufacturers of all sorts are dealing with missing, non-critical parts. They can decide to just warehouse those almost finished goods, or deliver them to customers as is.
With demand super high, Tesla will need to decide to deliver their cars, with a due bill for those expected items, or can simply let them stack up in their storage lots till the tiny USB connectors come in.

Better than just letting their omission be a surprise for their new owner, to leave a list of items missing on delivery.

Reactions: nyNYCny and TWENT2
I had the same thought/issue with the garage door arm that sticks out. Turns out at least with my X and garage there is just enough room to open the door. However if I were to open or close the garage door that protruding arm that you (@VulcansDontCry) pictured would totally hit the car. (in my scenario at least)

View attachment 732760
For me the biggest question I have about my X is my garage rail clearance. I have an 8 ft garage door and the bottom of the rail is 103 inches high. If I back in it would be a non issue but I usually drive in forward as I park in the single garage door side. What is the clearance when the falcon doors are fully open?

Way better than my 2018 Model 3. I want to point out that the 2018 3s have worse noise than most 2019+ 3/Y, they changed trunk design to eliminate some road noise in early 2019 I believe. I can try some decibel tests with an app, although phone microphone measurements probably aren't the most accurate.
Thanks so much for your response, my main concern is on rough freeways at 70+MPH. In my Model Y, it’s annoying and loud. Did you try that yet? If yes, how was it?

Reactions: Fulkth
Thanks so much for your response, my main concern is on rough freeways at 70+MPH. In my Model Y, it’s annoying and loud. Did you try that yet? If yes, how was it?
Okay so couple quick tests on the highway, same stretch, 70 mph, same app and phone (pixel 4a with Sound Meter app in Google play pass)
2020 Jeep Compass: 72 db average
2021 Model X: 71 db average

The X has a db average of 55 at a stand still with 5 on the fan and recirc on for comparison. I'll test the 3 another day and repost.