Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have "TBD"
Order date: 2/14/21
Original Configuration: LR 7 seat white cream 20 FSD
'The Call' date: 10/21/21
New Configuration: LR 6 Seat black white 20 FSD

do you have "building your car"?

Nope, I have "Well notify you when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment."
View attachment 736402

This is the thing that makes people upset (and I’m assuming TBD is better than Jan). But I ordered before you, with an original 6 seat configuration, same color combo and live closer to Freemont and it looks like you will get it before me (nothing against you). But the logic just doesn’t seem right. I even contacted them saying I’m willing to pick up at Freemont.

Yeah, I take NO offense because I totally get that frustration.

HOWEVER, to this point in time, the only clarity on who sits where in the queue line is what we (in this waiting room) have divined from the T leaves (see what I did there? 😂 ) - We DO know that some people have TBD and some have January. We DO know that some people have "We're building your car" and some have "We'll notify you" - but other than that, our extremely slow trickle of VINs doesn't really provide us with enough data points to make well informed conclusions.

Case in point - Everyone has "We're building your car" - I don't... My optimistic reaction is, "Maybe that means mine is already built!" BUT my deep down realistic reaction is, "CRAP they forgot to update my status and I'm probably in the back of the line"
I would imagine that there is more evidence (Overwhelming majority of VINners and MX deliveries are in CA) indicating that you will get your car before I do, than there is evidence that I will get mine first. Also, we have a TON of evidence that MX EDDs are about as reliable as a screen door on a submarine.

Now, I DO hope that I get mine first and if I do, I will take no offense to you being upset. And to make it up to you, I'll do my best to follow in the footsteps of our Champion @Fulkth and share as much information as I possibly can with the waiting room! (I should be so lucky!)
Welp... After all of this... at some point this evening my account updated to "Building your car" and "EDD=January"

Like I said... We don't have enough data to draw any rational conclusions from Tesla's dearth of communication. 😂

Welp... After all of this... at some point this evening my account updated to "Building your car" and "EDD=January"

Like I said... We don't have enough data to draw any rational conclusions from Tesla's dearth of communication. 😂
Still holding on the TBD designation now. We will see what it means. There is only a week before December so something must happen soon.

• Love
Reactions: TWENT2
Solid NO.

@sunnyvaletree was our Hero
@Fulkth is our Champion and possibly the GOAT 🐐
@EV_LIFE you are The Oracle and our Inspiration. You have kept us going when the road was darkest. Even you place among the VINners came at a time when the Waiting Room was in a particularly gloomy place. You share your good news and we tack on more than 10 pages in a single day!

I think that no matter what happens after your delivery, we will always think of you Everytime someone says, "I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a good day..."

Here's to @EV_LIFE - our most clairvoyant VINner... Our Oracle of Inspiration!
My favorite posts here are when people announce that they have a VIN, followed by pictures of thier new car(s).

This post is close behind. Nicely done @TWENT2

Well, bit the bullet and ordered a Model Y this morning. Asked the SA if he could keep an eye on stock the coming days (as we expect 3 boatloads to arrive here in NL in the next 3 weeks) or if possible; get a showroom model. So hopefully a new car before end of year, at the latest Feb 2022.

So at least there is that. And the decedancy of having 2 orders in your Tesla account :p

It will take the pressure off of looking at this forum all the time or my Tesla account (whilst I am fully aware that EU deliveries were not even close to beginning of 2022 to begin with)

Does anyone know how to reach a SA? Was thinking of switching to plaid. Probably too late. App says “we’re building your car” and edd January.
I’d call your local delivery location and ask for assistance. Pretty much everyone’s account says we’re building your car and January EDD.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think there have been any VIN for Plaid yet on the X..

Reactions: TWENT2