Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep people need to understand that order date is just one factor in delivery date. If you live near the factory and have a configuration they are currently building you may get your X waaaay before someone who ordered six months before you but is on the east coast with a different config .

I ordered the day of the announcement for the plaid (well it was plaid+ then) S and I got mine long after many folks who ordered >6 months after I did. A combination of living far from California and carbon fiber meant a long wait. Actually, my S sat in Cali and later Birmingham for weeks (something, something supply chain, truck drivers, something).

I ordered Jan 27, 2021. White ext Black int 6 seat LR
I’m right there with you. Gray ext, cream int 6 seat LR, and was always a 6 seat.

From VINs so far, seems to be north east and west coasts.

My hunch is that availability of transportation is a factor in whose getting VINs right now. It’s a logistics hell in the Midwest I know. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: TWENT2
I’m right there with you. Gray ext, cream int 6 seat LR, and was always a 6 seat.

From VINs so far, seems to be north east and west coasts.

My hunch is that availability of transportation is a factor in whose getting VINs right now. It’s a logistics hell in the Midwest I know. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Totally agree. Building these cars to completion is only one variable. Getting them to destinations in a cost-effective way is likely another big hurdle. Makes me think the few that have gone out are just hitching rides with MY's and M3's that happen to be going to those locations. Maybe when MX's reach a critical mass in terms of number produced (December?), they will get shipped en masse?

Reactions: NGKempf
Totally agree. Building these cars to completion is only one variable. Getting them to destinations in a cost-effective way is likely another big hurdle. Makes me think the few that have gone out are just hitching rides with MY's and M3's that happen to be going to those locations. Maybe when MX's reach a critical mass in terms of number produced (December?), they will get shipped en masse?
One can hope! I’m not sure how many delivery locations have enough demand for a truck load of X at a time.

But based on some of the flyovers of Fremont lately, X and S seem to be moving around in high volume, so my hunch is 2-3 key components were missing, they have them now and these cars are getting back into production to finish and get to final quality checks before delivery

One can hope! I’m not sure how many delivery locations have enough demand for a truck load of X at a time.

But based on some of the flyovers of Fremont lately, X and S seem to be moving around in high volume, so my hunch is 2-3 key components were missing, they have them now and these cars are getting back into production to finish and get to final quality checks before delivery
I'm less than sold that any of the ongoing issues with production is resolved. We don't factually know whether the missing parts are in Tesla's hands or not. While we see a number of Model Xs sitting around on the test track, there's little if any sign of actual movement from the lot. We don't rightly know whether Model X cars are being finished there or just stored there for longer periods - like the Model S Kato Road lot. While it's nice to see drone videos of Fremont it's seriously next to impossible to tell apart the Model Ys from the Xs given the grainy nature of the videos. I've only seen a handful of Xs in the Logistics lot with the huge total of 1 clearly visible on a car carrier in the latest video.

Couple that with the trickle of those receiving VINs in this forum. Also, I'm hearing people who have Model S orders pending are now starting to get delayed later and later into 2022 (January deliveries now heading to March).

Of course, a definitive response from Tesla would help but that's not going to be forthcoming.

I'm less than sold that any of the ongoing issues with production is resolved. We don't factually know whether the missing parts are in Tesla's hands or not. While we see a number of Model Xs sitting around on the test track, there's little if any sign of actual movement from the lot. We don't rightly know whether Model X cars are being finished there or just stored there for longer periods - like the Model S Kato Road lot. While it's nice to see drone videos of Fremont it's seriously next to impossible to tell apart the Model Ys from the Xs given the grainy nature of the videos. I've only seen a handful of Xs in the Logistics lot with the huge total of 1 clearly visible on a car carrier in the latest video.

Couple that with the trickle of those receiving VINs in this forum. Also, I'm hearing people who have Model S orders pending are now starting to get delayed later and later into 2022 (January deliveries now heading to March).

Of course, a definitive response from Tesla would help but that's not going to be forthcoming.
I’ll have to disagree.. the X overflow parking has gone from literally jammed full to half empty in 2 weeks? The Kato S lot is maybe 25% capacity from where it was?

Clearly those cars are going somewhere. I don’t remember who made the point earlier, but what % of people with S/X orders are actually on here? Maybe a few%?

My money is on most 6 seat X orders through Q1 of 2021 getting delivered by year end..

Maybe Tesla found another lot to store the X’s that are being moved around? No way they have delivered all those as we have seen maybe 7-10 vins total so far in this group?
But this group is a minority compared to the overall Tesla population. To think otherwise is rather silly. I will say that we've only seen East & West coast peeps get cars though. I haven't seen any evidence of anywhere else getting deliveries. While I hope everyone gets theirs, I'm focused on Texas getting theirs.

Ordered MX Plaid on 8/9/21 FSD 22"Turbine Wheels, 6 Seater in Midnight Grey / White interior & carbon fiber trim. Does anyone have any thoughts about my configuration & all different scenarios everyone has been discussing relative to delivery dates?

2017 MX 100D /2018 MX P100D

Ordered MX Plaid on 8/9/21 FSD 22"Turbine Wheels, 6 Seater in Midnight Grey / White interior & carbon fiber trim. Does anyone have any thoughts about my configuration & all different scenarios everyone has been discussing relative to delivery dates?

Well people who ordered in 2020 still haven't gotten cars. My guess is you will likely be late Q1 or Q2 for delivery but that is 100% a guess. Might as well throw a dart at a calendar to decide when you'll get delivery as no one knows and Tesla doesn't go strictly by order date.

Well people who ordered in 2020 still haven't gotten cars. My guess is you will likely be late Q1 or Q2 for delivery but that is 100% a guess. Might as well throw a dart at a calendar to decide when you'll get delivery as no one knows and Tesla doesn't go strictly by order date.
For some reason we haven’t seen any plaid X yet. Just S.

I agree with you about Tesla not going strictly by order date. That's why I joined the dscussion & adding my build to the Tesla dart board.👍🙄🎯

Reactions: NGKempf and TWENT2

6 seaters seem to be coming out sooner so you may get your earlier than people with orders for 7 or 5 seat models. I wondering if the center row bench seat is part of the issue with the delay of 5 and 7 seaters.

Reactions: JBTMX and NGKempf
Yep people need to understand that order date is just one factor in delivery date. If you live near the factory and have a configuration they are currently building you may get your X waaaay before someone who ordered six months before you but is on the east coast with a different config .
I ordered Jan 27, 2021. White ext Black int 6 seat LR
Yeah I get that order date is one factor but I think the frustration is this: i ordered BEFORE Pdudkiewicz, exact same configuration, and I live 3,000 miles CLOSER to the factory than they do. I understand it’s a big puzzle piece but sometimes it gets frustrating when you can’t find a rhyme or reason to their delivery.

But this group is a minority compared to the overall Tesla population. To think otherwise is rather silly. I will say that we've only seen East & West coast peeps get cars though. I haven't seen any evidence of anywhere else getting deliveries. While I hope everyone gets theirs, I'm focused on Texas getting theirs.
@Stro I think that you should be nicknamed "The Professor"
Thank you for your observational prowess and your gift for statistical analysis!

Someone with a black LR and the 22in (seat config unknown) taking delivery tomorrow!View attachment 737705
This guy is taking delivery today... But for some reason, changed his Twitter handle. He hasn't posted anything yet today, but in case you want to follow along...https://twitter.com/techno_ting?t=JXdsb0GLx1T7tt80FrKsLg&s=09

Also someone in the comment thread said that their friends in Orange County took delivery Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
20211127_095028.jpg