Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to Tesla, and they said my car is in offsite storage and that they will pull the car out closer to delivery. seems like a lot of the 2021 Refreshed X's that were build must have been sent into storage while waiting for missing parts.

Now I'm curious. It's clearly not the Kato Rd site. I wonder how many vehicles they're talking about? See if you can skim any info from your contact on this.

@TWENT2 That’s because I’ve been a lurker since pg 200 😅 never contributed to society in life or online but you good folks won me over.
We tend to have that effect. Although this is further evidence that I should have been a long time lurker 😂

But if you've been around since 200, you know we're all looking forward to seeing your delivery pictures!

First time poster here. This forum was the only thing that helped me through the agonizing wait. Therefore, I'm happy to contribute my own information for tracking purposes. I hope this information will keep your hope alive for another day.

Order Date: September 2020 (declined delivery due to relocation and then held out when refresh rumor surfaced)
VIN assigned today: Nov 27, 2021
VIN: 7SAXXXXXXNF3283XX (it's a 2022 model)
LR Blue ext; White int; 22" wheels; FSD (I think this is the 1st blue exterior with VIN on this forum)
Southern California
Delivery not scheduled yet - online status still says "we're building your car EDD January" - never had "TBD". Spoke to rep on the phone today and he said the car is going through final safety inspections and then it'll be sent on its way. He also mentioned that reason for delays in general is that "they want to ensure they can deliver the safest cars."

Good luck to all who are still waiting to be a VINer!
Good to know a blue exterior, white interior is going to be delivered.

Reactions: TWENT2
Being in Cali has always helped. I remember when I ordered my M3 in Houston, I stood at the Galleria (mall) for hours waiting to make my reservation in person with friends. After it was made and confirmed via email, I called Tesla and switched my address to be a California address. Two friends who ordered the exact same configuration as me at nearly the same time, got theirs 4 months after I got mine all because my address was Cali.

When Tesla said my car was coming and I had a confirmed VIN, I switched my address back to Texas. I'm sure that didn't make them happy, but it arrived a few weeks later.
Well played.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Now I'm curious. It's clearly not the Kato Rd site. I wonder how many vehicles they're talking about? See if you can skim any info from your contact on this.
I’m very curious if “off site” means Kato or test track like we’ve seen. I can’t imagine there have been dramatic numbers of cars moved elsewhere without someone noticing

Reactions: TWENT2
I’m very curious if “off site” means Kato or test track like we’ve seen. I can’t imagine there have been dramatic numbers of cars moved elsewhere without someone noticing
I doubt it's either - the test track is hardly "offsite" and Kato hasn't shown any signs of Model Xs in the drone videos thus far. I'm also wondering if they're shipping them directly from the offsite location such that we don't see the movement in the Logistics lot? That said, there's no sign of only Ss and Xs leaving on car carriers so far as we know - that would be a good indicator of volume production and volume shipping.

@MIModX79, all of us in the frozen tundra will have our eyes on you as our Midwest litmus test! Good luck!
I did the same thing... Switched from 7 seater to 6 seater on October 17th and I live outside Chicago. Ordered early December last year... I'll keep everyone posted when I hear or see something! Really hoping for this week 🤞