Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I order back in June 2020, I had a LR+ with free charging. They never called to ask me to convert to the refresh. After months of waiting I started calling and emailing I was able to finally talk to my SA, he went to work for me. I was able to get free supercharging. But for 14k more , it's built into the pricing 🤑
Man good job because the charging rates went up X4.

Last edited:
Just talked to a guy at Tesla about my delivery. I'm outside Chicago and he said my car should arrive at the Schaumburg location around the 8th to 10th of December! I was getting worried because I got my VIN on Monday, completed the financing form, and since then, nothing. My SA hasn't even contacted me! Anyway, for those that are wondering, the final payment and signed forms take place once the vehicle is physically at your SC. Then, you schedule the delivery date.

The forum will just have a gathering of RoW folks left after all these VINners and the start of Q1..

Question to those who have had a previous order, do we get told our car is "being built", "on the boat", "in the country" or anything like that or is just an "it's here" deal?

Reactions: lsds
Just talked to a guy at Tesla about my delivery. I'm outside Chicago and he said my car should arrive at the Schaumburg location around the 8th to 10th of December! I was getting worried because I got my VIN on Monday, completed the financing form, and since then, nothing. My SA hasn't even contacted me! Anyway, for those that are wondering, the final payment and signed forms take place once the vehicle is physically at your SC. Then, you schedule the delivery date.
Did you have to reach out, or did they contact you. And... did you talk to someone at Schaumburg or someone higher up?

After all the VINers the last couple of days, I was hoped that today will be my day. I have been refreshing frequently but my account went from TBD to January. Not what I was expecting. It had switched from January to TBD a week ago. Maybe Tesla’s way of preying my feels.😩

Reactions: TWENT2
The car does lower on the highway, I think it's around 45 or 50 mph, but if you're in "standard" height, and punch it, you will easily pass 60mph before the car has any time to lower. For me the shudder would only occur under very hard acceleration usually around 45 mph, but that was in an early 2016 performance model. I didn't have any trouble with my 2019 "raven" long range. They've changed a lot with the new adaptive suspension so hopefully it's not an issue on the new
a tweet next:”Plaids don’t shudder anymore at the mention of speed or acceleration- they thrive… “
(😉I have a LR reserved)