Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on the same boat. Ordered the day refresh announced, live in Oregon, upgraded to 6 seats, no VIN :(
I feel that pain, though my order was later, March 8, 2021. It makes no sense how some were contacted to change to 6 seats and others not. I'm in the camp of not being contacted to change from 5 seats to your 6. I would have gladly made that change along with the change from 22" to 20" wheels after seeing the new black 20" version.

While it's exciting to start seeing VIN's in the thread, it's beyond frustrating to see later orders being assigned VIN's. For those that ordered at refresh I don't know how you sit still!! I get that order date is just one of the items that determine delivery dates, but when a VIN gets assigned to a July order, that's just not right! (off my soapbox now)

to tell your year is super easy for 2022 due to the manufacturer identifier changing this year. Besides the M vs N, if your car starts with 5YJ, it’s a 2021. If it starts with 7SA, it’s a 2022. This makes it easy for this transition year. Next year 2022 and 2023 will have the first three characters, so only the N and O will matter.
See! This is why you can't give up on the waiting room! You're full of useful information.
If not for you, we may still think that SAs know what they're talking about! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: JER85
They only offered this to q1 2021 or earlier reservations. If tesla asks you to change the order you only pay for the seat change and keep all other prices or discounts you had. Tesla even lets you change color or config stuff if they are asking you to change with no penalties (just the price difference in the config changes).
Just to clarify, they offered to some Q1 reservations, not to all.

to tell your year is super easy for 2022 due to the manufacturer identifier changing this year. Besides the M vs N, if your car starts with 5YJ, it’s a 2021. If it starts with 7SA, it’s a 2022. This makes it easy for this transition year. Next year 2021 and 2022 will have the first three characters, so only the N and O will matter.
They don't use I or O in VINs so 2023 will be P.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman and Stro
I don’t even have that option lol. My SC is closed, destroyed and boarded up. I also never got an SA to call…. But judging by the comments here I think I am better off without one to be frank.

I'm happy to see many of you have became VINers since my last post. Congratulations! Here is my delivery timeline and experience.

[see my signature for order date, vin date, and specs]
  1. VIN received on Friday 11/27/21 pending delivery date - profile status remained at "we're building your car" January EDD (never changed to TBD)
  2. on 11/27/21 (same day as VIN) I Emailed my SA to ask him to reopen my finance page as my previous loan approval expired. Got a call from customer service to confirm that finance page is open and that the car is still in Fremont going through final collision inspections (during conversation I learned it had to do with airbags safety). He said it'll be sent on its way to Southern CA upon completion
  3. on Saturday 11/28/2021 - applied through Tesla with Tesla preferred lender. Got 2.49% APR 72 months. Decision/Approval was almost instantaneous.
  4. App updated with delivery date scheduled for 11/30/2021, 4:00pm. Pick up location was supposed to be Costa Mesa but Telsa changed it to Irvine SC. (note: a rep told me they just moved to Irvine from Costa Mesa. I didn't ask if Irvine is in addition to SM or replacement b/c I didn't care).
  5. Monday 11/29/2021 9:00am- got a call from Irvine SC to go over delivery process, and confirm payment. He also confirmed that the car has arrived and was onsite at their center. I told him i'm waiting to see my pre-refresh credits before I complete payment. He said it will show within 24 hours of scheduled delivery so check in the afternoon. That afternoon, I saw the credits and adjusted price. Completed payment on the app.
  6. Tuesday 11/30/2021 morning - completed e-signing all documents on the app. At 3:00pm - got a call from SC asked if they can have more time to prep the car before delivery and offered to deliver it to my house free of charge due to the inconvenience. I told them they can keep it as long as needed because I'd rather them get it done right than to rush to meet an arbitrary deadline. He was very appreciative and told me he'll call back with more accurate delivery information when the car is ready. At 4:00pm -they informed me that the airbag light came on during their prep delivery inspection. They'll need to keep it longer fix and I was removed from the delivery schedule. App status now says "TBD" .
  7. Wednesday 12/1/2021 10am - got a call from SC to inform me the car is ready. (note: He said mine is the 2nd X received in Orange County).
I know Tesla's lack of communications is frustrating but once you finally receive your car, you'll forgive all the neglect. The sooner you can accept this gospel truth, the less heartburn you will have. Trust.

Hope to see everyone on the "Refresh Model X Issues" thread soon. Good luck!
Dear Lady X. Thank you for your run down of your experience. As a fellow pre-refresh order holder I almost forgot about the pre-refresh credits. It's been so bloody long my memory is fading. I hope you have an amazing experience and will keep us holders up to date with the good and bad. I would like to know if the Christmas FWD Easter Egg is still working... It's the season...

They only offered this to q1 2021 or earlier reservations. If tesla asks you to change the order you only pay for the seat change and keep all other prices or discounts you had. Tesla even lets you change color or config stuff if they are asking you to change with no penalties (just the price difference in the config changes)
They only offered this to q1 2021 or earlier reservations. If tesla asks you to change the order you only pay for the seat change and keep all other prices or discounts you had. Tesla even lets you change color or config stuff if they are asking you to change with no penalties (just the price difference in the config changes).

My rsvp is from October 2020 so I’m well before Q1 2021.

I'm happy to see many of you have became VINers since my last post. Congratulations! Here is my delivery timeline and experience.

[see my signature for order date, vin date, and specs]
  1. VIN received on Friday 11/27/21 pending delivery date - profile status remained at "we're building your car" January EDD (never changed to TBD)
  2. on 11/27/21 (same day as VIN) I Emailed my SA to ask him to reopen my finance page as my previous loan approval expired. Got a call from customer service to confirm that finance page is open and that the car is still in Fremont going through final collision inspections (during conversation I learned it had to do with airbags safety). He said it'll be sent on its way to Southern CA upon completion
  3. on Saturday 11/28/2021 - applied through Tesla with Tesla preferred lender. Got 2.49% APR 72 months. Decision/Approval was almost instantaneous.
  4. App updated with delivery date scheduled for 11/30/2021, 4:00pm. Pick up location was supposed to be Costa Mesa but Telsa changed it to Irvine SC. (note: a rep told me they just moved to Irvine from Costa Mesa. I didn't ask if Irvine is in addition to SM or replacement b/c I didn't care).
  5. Monday 11/29/2021 9:00am- got a call from Irvine SC to go over delivery process, and confirm payment. He also confirmed that the car has arrived and was onsite at their center. I told him i'm waiting to see my pre-refresh credits before I complete payment. He said it will show within 24 hours of scheduled delivery so check in the afternoon. That afternoon, I saw the credits and adjusted price. Completed payment on the app.
  6. Tuesday 11/30/2021 morning - completed e-signing all documents on the app. At 3:00pm - got a call from SC asked if they can have more time to prep the car before delivery and offered to deliver it to my house free of charge due to the inconvenience. I told them they can keep it as long as needed because I'd rather them get it done right than to rush to meet an arbitrary deadline. He was very appreciative and told me he'll call back with more accurate delivery information when the car is ready. At 4:00pm -they informed me that the airbag light came on during their prep delivery inspection. They'll need to keep it longer fix and I was removed from the delivery schedule. App status now says "TBD" .
  7. Wednesday 12/1/2021 10am - got a call from SC to inform me the car is ready. (note: He said mine is the 2nd X received in Orange County).
I know Tesla's lack of communications is frustrating but once you finally receive your car, you'll forgive all the neglect. The sooner you can accept this gospel truth, the less heartburn you will have. Trust.

Hope to see everyone on the "Refresh Model X Issues" thread soon. Good luck!
Congrats!!

Did you notice that the 22 inch wheels are lacking the small covers that go on the outer inner edge of spokes? Did Tesla mention anything about these? See picture below from Tesla.

Attachments

• 79A32CF5-E6E0-4193-BD6A-F7AABD895632.jpeg
    79A32CF5-E6E0-4193-BD6A-F7AABD895632.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 55B0A211-DBA1-44F7-889C-03F5E7EE5C63.png
    55B0A211-DBA1-44F7-889C-03F5E7EE5C63.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
You know, thinking about this more, it'd be really cool if they'd offer a scheduled delivery option. For $500, refundable, I'd schedule a delivery of a new X or equivalent in December 2024 when my 4/50k warranty will be gone, though at the rate we're using the thing it'll be gone well before then

Reactions: JER85