Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very well done. I agree with all of this and it’s great perspective @Singularity. I would just say my frustration has been with the lack of communication or information being disseminated to SA or other Tesla employees. I don’t think great communication (or heck even mediocre communication) and electrifying the global fleet need to be mutually exclusive. I’d even go with a bone being thrown out from Tesla acknowledging they need to get better at communication pipeline.
Well stated. The arrogant and cavalier attitude of Elon and the rest of the Tesla leadership is beyond understanding. Given the cost of the vehicles it seems like their attitude is "so what that they have to wait a year or longer and that we don't communicate to any of our customers". That's completely unacceptable behavior from Tesla or any other company that sells $100K "widgets".

Are y’all worried about taking delivery of vehicles (not limited to Tesla) produced where they are going back and retrofitting parts like this? I feel like I may regret having a car produced now in a couple of years.

Edit: I should add that I don’t only mean part shortages but also with the labor situation and probably a large amount of new employees on the floor who have no idea what they are doing. Then covid protocols limiting contact and probably reducing training effectiveness.

Are y’all worried about taking delivery of vehicles (not limited to Tesla) produced where they are going back and retrofitting parts like this? I feel like I may regret having a car produced now in a couple of years.

Edit: I should add that I don’t only mean part shortages but also with the labor situation and probably a large amount of new employees on the floor who have no idea what they are doing. Then covid protocols limiting contact and probably reducing training effectiveness.
Personally, as long as the retrofit lack still allows the car to function and doesn’t affect safety(can a car be legally sold/delivered without?).
This against not having a car at a time when infections/cases are rising again, emission restrictions & taxes dramatically increase next year(I drive a diesel dinosaur) and scrappage looks like the only option versus Tesla trade-in.

When do folks think Tesla might upgrade the MS/X headlights to matrix in light of the new law? I would think Tesla would want the S to have them quickly to keep up with the competition and then, like everything else, the X would benefit at the same time… wishful thinking perhaps… anyway, when I look at the X, the front lights in particular strike me as the element of the car most in need of a refresh…

When do folks think Tesla might upgrade the MS/X headlights to matrix in light of the new law? I would think Tesla would want the S to have them quickly to keep up with the competition and then, like everything else, the X would benefit at the same time… wishful thinking perhaps… anyway, when I look at the X, the front lights in particular strike me as the element of the car most in need of a refresh…

Law has passed but regs need to be updated. This isn't overnight. Plus drop in replacement unlikely so I'd think 2 years before the front fascia is further reworked.

Obviously I'd prefer immediately but it doesn't seem possible or likely.

Thats _a lot_ of Model X with blue tape and faults on them :( wtf is going on with the ramp. Are there really that much different between outgoing and refresh that would cause so many issues? Externally its identical except for front bumper
This is what I posted this morning before we saw this - initial quality must be bad so they’re prioritizing model S builds versus all the manual rework needed to get an X out the door.

Reactions: TJPDX
we took delivery of Model X in December 2020. Our car was hit three weeks ago and just declared totaled. If we ordered a plaid Model X, does anyone know will delivery really take until September like the website indicates? We’d love to get another X but can’t wait this long.
Too bad your X was destroyed! I wonder though if you were in it and most especially are you ok? And what the circumstances were so maybe we could try to avoid same.

Moderator note: Moved 21 posts to Snippiness. Mostly for personal attacks on people, comments construed as trolling, and non-snippy posts that quoted snippy things. Come on folks, let's be good to each other, OK? This thread is going to have some varied opinions, some blowing off of stream, etc. We aren't all going to agree on everything, but we're all here for more or less the same reason, which is to turn from waiters into VINners and then into Model X owners.

Thanks!

Bruce.
Bruce for president!

I totally understand taking umbrage with the analogy. Posted in haste. Terrible analogy.
One day when this is all over, we're going to meet up in STL and have a beer. I have a client in STL and I'm there several times per year. Maybe sometime next year I can ride the I40 supercharger network from AZ to MO and we can have a meetup. We're basically best friends at this point 😂

Reactions: EL0NTRK and jbrowdy
Hanging in there you guys. I"m sending positive vibe to you guys this week.
As an OG of this thread who ordered Nov last year and got a VIN more than a year later, I went through hell like you.
I am without a car for 9 months and leased one for the last 4, the better day will come.
Listen to the OG... Post #6 Page #1.
I can't wait to hear about your delivery experience @EL0NTRK !

Given limited resources, would people posting here rather Tesla hired a bunch more customer service reps to give them constant updates, or a bunch more design and production people to get the cars out faster, with better quality?
I vote for fewer Advisors, but more informed ones. If they happen to have a Texan twang to counteract the German sounding salesmen at the "other" dealerships, that would be a bonus!!

I think they have enough SUPERB designers... but could definitely use more of those fluffy bunnies (you know, the ones with the drums...) on the battery production line...

Reactions: jbrowdy