Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited a Tesla showroom in Newport Beach this morning to ask a SA:
1) what’s the hold up with the X?
Answer: FWD and supplies
2) why some customers (on a particular forum) were issued VINS only to have them snatched the next day?
Answer: the only time Tesla is allowed to remove VINs in when the customer cannot be reached to schedule deliveries
3) why Tesla doesn’t update customers on order status?
Answer: paraphrased: the situation is so dynamic that it would be futile

2) why some customers (on a particular forum) were issued VINS only to have them snatched the next day?
Answer: the only time Tesla is allowed to remove VINs in when the customer cannot be reached to schedule deliveries
Not bad answers. Better than I would’ve expected

Reactions: cusetownusa

Call *sugar* on number two. I had a VIN yanked on my refresh S after having it for a day or two. I contacted them to ask and they said they were trying to rematch me. Shortly after, I had a new VIN that stuck (for a June delivery). They never gave details as to why but it was not for his stated reason.

I visited a Tesla showroom in Washington DC on Saturday to ask about my reservation. The guy told me the VIN shouldn't have been assigned to me but he couldn't see more info. I'm curious if the VIN that was given and taken away will ever be reused? I checked using some free resources online to verify the VIN and it's a 2021 Model X. Do they ever scrap/reuse VIN numbers if the car is not sellable? I don't know the process. Does anyone have a more solid VIN checker website with more details?

ha, I wish that was the only reason they could remove VINS because I would still have mine!! Once again SA known much less than they should.

Although I've 'quit posting', I just wanted to drop a little bit of info I found today. I found out that the EQS was out and available here in Houston. So, I've got an appointment to go check it out on Tuesday when I have some free time. They have a few more arriving in Houston, so they are in stock. The level of service from the dealership (as much as I hate dealerships), is AMAZING compared to the crap we're getting now. I haven't even stepped foot in the dealership yet and they are keeping me communicated VERY well regarding any questions I may have prior to my visit. And get this... dealerships are CLOSED on Sundays in Houston yet they are sending me emails. No clue on markups or anything like that yet. But hey... competition is coming sooner than expected and that's a good thing. Unfortunately, this isn't competition for the MX but I'll take it. If my test drive goes well and I really dig the car, I may just make the jump. With my luck, I can almost guarantee you the minute I sign the dotted lines at the dealership, I'll get an email from Tesla saying I have a VIN.

Lies.

I was as communicative as possible when I got my VIN. Called and SA and asked if there was an ETA on delivery and was told there wasn't. Called after my VIN was yanked and was told "the car failed inspection, or similar."

Reactions: flippingrich
Remember this line from Elon/Tesla almost a year ago?

“The SX lines will be shut down for the holidays starting Dec. 24th and returning Jan. 11th.
We would like you to take the opportunity to refresh or spend time with your family, so Tesla will be giving you a full week pay for the week of Jan. 4th. There will also be limited paid opportunities for you to support other shops or volunteer for deliveries during some of this time.”

Those line workers must be sick of their families at this point 😄

Lies.

I was as communicative as possible when I got my VIN. Called and SA and asked if there was an ETA on delivery and was told there wasn't. Called after my VIN was yanked and was told "the car failed inspection, or similar."
Exact same situation for me and my VIN loss.. although they told me mine was waiting for final inspection to leave factory prior to VIN loss..

Me coming back to the thread after being busy all day:

Disaster.gif

I am sad. It feels like a combination of frustration and human nature has wrecked our little impromptu community. Is this why we can't have nice things? (Or have to wait a year for them anyway???)
Don’t be sad man.. it was a rough week for all.. I think we all got our hopes up with all the positivity that happened for three days or so.. then when VINs got yanked, reality settled back in..
throw in an individual trying to “make the room more positive” by calling everyone whiners and poor because they referenced the price of the car and it was the perfect storm..
I truly think we’re very close to being VINers! Especially after seeing the 4k video with all the X’s being produced.. there is no doubt the X will be a major focus Q1 due to it being a year without a major delivery slate..
keep your head up! Things will get better soon!
We just need to bring back that VINning spirit!