Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7D32FBF8-D2C1-4DBB-BB23-9AE0C53104B6.jpeg
One interesting thing to note is that one of the refresh X’s that I saw at the Irvine SC last week is still there in the exact same spot. I wonder if it’s being held up by whatever caused VINs to be removed. Timing of last week is the same.

My god. My EDD changed to February as well. Why on earth can’t Tesla simply COMMUNICATE. It’s so simple. Just be transparent. We’re all dropping 100k on this vehicle and they can’t even have an SA reach out to explain why it’s been delayed so long.
You can't express my feelings and thoughts better than you already said here . I am so frustrated . I am in the same situation, same exact miserable feeling, like they giving me this BS every time I called the call center .

Thanks. of course I am saying this out of frustration. Every time I came the Tesla center, I am hoping maybe today I will hear the breaking news and instead , this guy told me February - I'm like what ?? I realized this will not happen soon .. Iv Benn renting cars for a year now , and since they Benn pushing me slowly , it is hard to come up with an alternative ( i.e subscription ) since I always believe this is actually happening soon and then I get to be fooled again
Tesla didn't use to allow you to sell a reservation. Doubt it changed?

The hold up maybe the wheels. New orders show the 22 delivery Dec 22 but 20's moves to April 23.
So I'm wondering are the new deliveries coming with 22's on their X or 20?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208-033319_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211208-033319_Samsung Internet.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20211208-033306_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211208-033306_Samsung Internet.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 68
I am in the same boat . I genuinely thinking about canceling the order of my X which I placed back on December 8th 2020 !! Exactly a year ago . I don't even know what to do anymore. I have been pushed back to February. This happened just today . Any advise?
Stay put. You’ve waited this long. No sense in canceling. If you need a car, buy something else and sell your MX when it comes at a markup.

I’m not sure what the other charger configs charge at but the hard wired Tesla Charger Gen 2 at 48A charges is 37 mph.

So, like 15% slower than my 2019 model 3 that reports 44 mph? I guess the real question is the supercharger charge curve. If it can hold a higher charge rate through a higher state of charge, it may end up supercharging faster even though the miles per kWh efficiency is lower.

Hi again, friends.

In the past day or so, my estimated January date got pushed back to February.

Design details:
  • Model X Plaid
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 22'' Turbine Wheels
  • Cream Interior with Carbon Fiber Decor
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging

I am really looking forward to the first plaid delivery. I can’t believe they’ve just been sitting on the plaids! OK, I know there are logical reasons (more changes, still harder to nail the manufacturing, potentially needing better brakes, etc.)… they just set my expectations by delivering the plaid S so early. Even if they get the rate of LR deliveries up, the whole project will seem unfinished without the plaids.

Finally, as far as communications go, the changing EDDs are a communication. It may feel better to rage at someone who tells you verbally that your order won’t be coming in January… but I don’t know what more they can say beyond “it’s not going as fast as we hoped.” Might get more sympathy from a luxury OEM dealership… but I’m so ready to be done with dealerships. (Also gas stations. We’re stringing the minivan along much longer than I had hoped. ;)

Elon literally said (in Jan of 2021)the refresh would be starting deliveries in a few weeks. So what are people supposed to believe and that is right after he also said they are in production. So if that’s not a lie what is it?
Elon Musk LIES! It’s almost comical. He is the most unreliable source of information at Tesla.
Fanboys will say, “No, you don’t understand him, he’s so far ahead of you that you just don’t get it”. Or “Elon’s view is very aspirational and fluid. At the time he said that it was 100% true, but seconds later the situation changed and you can’t fault him for that.“

If Elon Musk personally called me with a status update on my order, I would not believe him, or should I say… I would add two weeks to his EDD.

More inconsistent information from Tesla:

Web chat agent told me that my car was in final build status and she would have someone local call me regarding delivery. Got a call 20 min later from a local manager (boss of the SA who doesn’t even reply). Really nice guy, and genuinely apologetic for Tesla’s abysmal communication. Funny thing, he gave me a much more pessimistic response than the chat agent. Didn’t see any activity in my reservation. and therefore suggested it could be many more months as they’re only now delivering orders from 12/20 (I ordered 7/21). If nothing else, it was the first professional interaction I’ve had with a Tesla employee thus far, so I do appreciate the contact even if it wasn’t good news. How could the web chat agent have been so wrong?!

I’m obviously disappointed since I’ve planned several roadtrips and an ending car lease around the Jan delivery date. Sounds like they are just slammed with overwhelming orders and a parts shortage. Just wish they could invest in proper customer service and communication. The delay sucks, but if they communicate proactively and honestly, at least we can plan around not having our cars on time…

Last edited:
The "We're building your car" is silly. I ordered mine in August 2021 and it shows they are building my car, and I ordered a 5 seater. Not happening.
Each Tesla takes a long time to make. This is because each vehicle is now being handcrafted by one individual. Mine is being built by a guy named Fred. Fred takes pride in his welding and soldering. Sometimes, Fred asks his friend Alvin to help him mount windshields onto the frame.

I hope Alvin is building your car. He is a nice man and Fred will help him.

More inconsistent information from Tesla:

Web chat agent told me that my car was in final build status and she would have someone local call me regarding delivery. Got a call 20 min later from a local manager (boss of the SA who doesn’t even reply). Really nice guy, and genuinely apologetic for Tesla’s abysmal communication. Funny thing, he gave me a much more pessimistic response than the chat agent. Didn’t see any activity in my reservation. and therefore suggested it could be many more months as they’re only now delivering orders from 12/20 (I ordered 7/21). If nothing else, it was the first professional interaction I’ve had with a Tesla employee thus far, so I do appreciate the contact even if it wasn’t good news. How could the web chat agent have been so wrong?!

I’m obviously disappointed since I’ve planned several roadtrips and an ending car lease around the Jan delivery date. Sounds like they are just slammed with overwhelming orders and a parts shortage. Just wish they could invest in proper customer service and communication. The delay sucks, but if they communicate proactively and honestly, at least we can plan around not having our cars on time…
Although I hope you get your car soon, I’m glad someone at Tesla saw the logic of a July order being further down the line than the earlier orders such as December 2020 and beyond.