Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called the number and talked to an incredibly unhelpful but assured person. He told me i should expect my car May '22. He said the hold up was they are only making black interiors now. When I asked if I could change my interior, seeing as I have been waiting since October of '20 for my car, and I upgraded my seat config to 6 to expedite delivery by end of the year. He said, sorry no. He also said they are prioritizing California deliveries. When I asked how secure he was in this info... he said if I see this in my system it means it's real. He was slightly apologetic, but not really. I really hope this guy was wrong.

When I asked this, I was told that I'd be subject to the price increases.

Just got off the phone with a girl at the Freemont phone number, she didn’t seem to thrilled their number was posted in a “forum”
Basically said expect delivery from now to Q2 2022.
Any configuration change will change prices to the newest increases. Not sure if that’s a bluff or not. :)
She also mentioned that they’re basically fulfilling original model X orders made prior to the refresh.
Not looking good for us 2021 orders.

• Informative
Reactions: cirez and KidsEyeDr
Just got off the phone with a girl at the Freemont phone number, she didn’t seem to thrilled their number was posted in a “forum”
Any configuration change will change prices to the newest increases. Not sure if that’s a bluff or not. :)
She also mentioned that they’re basically fulfilling original model X orders made prior to the refresh.
If thats the case they need to fullfill mines, as it was technically pre refresh. Ordered a week before the refresh 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Reactions: Inflighttodd
More non-information for me, I just need to accept that it won’t be here anytime soon. So frustrating.
That’s definitely frustrating but I’m just happy and surprised to see they actually responded to your text. I ordered Mar 11, ‘21 and the last time I received a response to a text message was May 9th. Since then it’s been crickets from my SA and every text I’ve sent has gone unanswered. I did receive the 6 seat upgrade call in October but that was from someone in Nevada who has since stopped returning any calls as well.

They might be annoyed, but this is a direct result of little, or no communication. We are robots. If expectations are set and not met, this leads to disappointment. I strongly think they need to reset expectations for all customers who have an order placed.

That’s definitely frustrating but I’m just happy and surprised to see they actually responded to your text. I ordered Mar 11, ‘21 and the last time I received a response to a text message was May 9th. Since then it’s been crickets from my SA and every text I’ve sent has gone unanswered. I did receive the 6 seat upgrade call in October but that was from someone in Nevada who has since stopped returning any calls as well.
I think the only reason they are being pretty responsive to me currently is that they also called me a week ago to tell me congrats and gave me a VIN. The local Michigan crew seem to really feel bad about it. There were many periods between my order in Oct 2020 until recently that my emails went unanswered.

I decided to call the fremont number as well and got a very nice lady who told me they see notes on my account from corporate that my particular config matched a VIN but for some reason the vehicle didn't pass inspection therefore subsequently removed. At this point she said the May 22 EDD is accurate until it changes. It could be later or soon depends on how fast Tesla works on resolving the issue they're having. I was just excited to get the car soon but at this point i don't mind waiting until next year.

As for my Solar, I called Tesla regarding my PTO and since I brought it to their attention they're going to do something about it. I've been waiting 6 months for PTO since inspection and I figured they weren't going to do anything until i bug them. So far it's working without PTO so i'll see if they actually do anything because as of right now it works perfectly fine. PTO is such a worthless criteria.

I decided to call the fremont number as well and got a very nice lady who told me they see notes on my account from corporate that my particular config matched a VIN but for some reason the vehicle didn't pass inspection therefore subsequently removed. At this point she said the May 22 EDD is accurate until it changes. It could be later or soon depends on how fast Tesla works on resolving the issue they're having. I was just excited to get the car soon but at this point i don't mind waiting until next year.

As for my Solar, I called Tesla regarding my PTO and since I brought it to their attention they're going to do something about it. I've been waiting 6 months for PTO since inspection and I figured they weren't going to do anything until i bug them. So far it's working without PTO so i'll see if they actually do anything because as of right now it works perfectly fine. PTO is such a worthless criteria.
Here in California, without PTO you don't get generation credits that you can use to offset the cost of pulling from the grid at night or when the weather is bad.

Reactions: Zygote1975
Woman gives birth in fancy Tesla while stuck in NYC traffic

Someone had a baby in a Model X recently. Not sure if that counts as good news but maybe it’s a sign that many refresh MXs will be birthed soon? 😂🤪

You realize that it took less time to procreate that child and bring the pregnancy to term than these Model X deliveries. I won't even remotely suggest that the waiting is anywhere nearly as painful as childbirth, but I am starting to wonder if there's an equivalent to the epidural that might make the wait less painful.