Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, for those of you traveling at end of year. I was shocked that after waiting over a year, they would give my car to the next person if I was not available those 3 days. I am home, so it is fine for me.
Here is the communication..

“We are very excited for you! Just to be on the same page, the car is expected to arrive sometime around the 29th of December. This vehicle will need to be delivered in December. Is there a possibility that you won't be available on the 29-31? If you won't be then we will just have to wait for the next VIN because we are unable to hold the car into the new year.”

FYI, for those of you traveling at end of year. I was shocked that after waiting over a year, they would give my car to the next person if I was not available those 3 days. I am home, so it is fine for me.

“We are very excited for you! Just to be on the same page, the car is expected to arrive sometime around the 29th of December. This vehicle will need to be delivered in December. Is there a possibility that you won't be available on the 29-31? If you won't be then we will just have to wait for the next VIN because we are unable to hold the car into the new year.”

Unacceptable. Tesla is such a rotten company but their cars are so awesome. Really sucks.

I had a similar interaction with my SA: when the car gets here, I have 3 days to pick it up or it will be given to someone else. They get to take all the time they want, but we only get 3 days :mad:

It’s all about them, not the customer. Their day will come, and when it does, many people here will remember this experience. Unfortunately, they are shooting themselves in the foot with these kinds of moves.

This sound like you sent them a message that caused them to think you might not be available or ready to take delivery around the 29th. Based on that, their approach sounds reasonable. If one cannot finish the purchase in 3 days then they should give it to someone in the huge crowd of buyers waiting in line with money in hand, and have waited as year or longer.

Good grief! That’s just wrong. Glad you are available for delivery!

That's the cream interior correct? Or is it actually white but off-color due to looking through the glass?

If it is the cream then IMO it looks amazing. Any and all second guessing on my interior color choice is firmly in the rear window.
It was definitely the cream interior. Sorry for the crappy inside pics, nasty glare from the glass.

Went to bed last night with a TBD delivery date, woke up a VINer!
7SAXCBE59NF3288xx
Blue/Black LR 6 seat 20 in wheels with FSD
Order date 2/9/21, switched to 6 seats on 10/5/21
Im in Virginia with a 1/22/21 order date 🥺 original 6 seat order where’s our love lmao I honestly feel like I’ll never log in and see a vin. I literally dont even be expecting to one there anymore 😪

Im in Virginia with a 1/22/21 order date 🥺 original 6 seat order where’s our love lmao I honestly feel like I’ll never log in and see a vin. I literally dont even be expecting to one there anymore 😪
@kingjones94 I’m with ya. Ordered a day after you and an original 6 seater and I’ve got crickets on my app, that’s it crickets.

Reactions: kingjones94