Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahhhhh... the dealer is doing this, not Ford. That's why. Here in Texas, we haven't experienced that... yet.
Yep. There are some bad apples out there. When choosing the dealer for my Lightning, I have it in writing that they will not charge over MSRP. Does that mean they will put my order at the back of their book? Maybe. But we are watching Tesla deliver cars to people that have ordered in the last few months while ignoring people that have been waiting over a year. Those in glass houses.....

But you did go and look at the EQS. So you are at least non-Tesla curious. My guess is you did that because of how you have been treated by Tesla lately.

It will still take a few years for the competition to get close to Tesla when it comes to range, performance, and price, but they will do so. At that point, Tesla will need to fix this or people will vote with their wallets.
You are correct. I did go looking elsewhere, but I will also do so in the future before any purchase. I wouldn't consider myself loyal to Tesla. I'm a techie. I'll go wherever the biggest tech advancements are at. But back when I got my M3, people kept mentioning the coming competition which never arrived. The longer I'm in a Tesla, the harder it will be to leave their ecosystem. That's what happened with me and Apple. I had both an iPhone and Android once. And now... I'm nearly strictly iPhone now along with every other Apple device that exists out there including their services. I've spent thousands in their movies, books, music and subscriptions by now. I will admit that when I do travel internationally, I use my Surface Duo. This is because it's great for Teams and Microsoft apps multitasking and if it gets stolen, I won't get down as it contains zero personal stuff and can get nuked remotely.

Yep. There are some bad apples out there. When choosing the dealer for my Lightning, I have it in writing that they will not charge over MSRP. Does that mean they will put my order at the back of their book? Maybe. But we are watching Tesla deliver cars to people that have ordered in the last few months while ignoring people that have been waiting over a year. Those in glass houses.....
Ford interests me as much as a pile of dung. The one and only dealership I dealt with couldn't even correctly install a set of snow tires bought from them shortly after taking delivery of an Explorer Sport. I literally drove 10 feet, stopped and called service over - they didn't tighten the lug nuts. How they initially drove it to me at the front and didn't encounter the problem is beyond me. My family had bought Fords before, but in reflection not one of the dealerships we dealt with delivered on quality of service. I won't ever be stepping back into any Ford dealerships and certainly won't consider another of their vehicles after a litany of problems encountered.

Reactions: w0ger
Random question I just had.. I don't recall from any previous orders - do we select WHERE we pick our car up from during ordering?

When I ordered originally I split time between southern WI and MN and will likely still register in WI. However WI doesn't allow Tesla direct sales, so everyone goes to Chicago to pickup. My goal was always to pick up in MN from the center 20 minutes away from my house here.

I'm too nervous to reach out to ask for any changes and mess up the possibility of a VIN anytime soon haha

Random question I just had.. I don't recall from any previous orders - do we select WHERE we pick our car up from during ordering?

When I ordered originally I split time between southern WI and MN and will likely still register in WI. However WI doesn't allow Tesla direct sales, so everyone goes to Chicago to pickup. My goal was always to pick up in MN from the center 20 minutes away from my house here.

I'm too nervous to reach out to ask for any changes and mess up the possibility of a VIN anytime soon haha
You're not changing the vehicle so there shouldn't be any issues with a simple inquiry.

You're not changing the vehicle so there shouldn't be any issues with a simple inquiry.
But it definitely messes with their non-logical logistics.. Folks ordered after me with my config have gotten VINs or delivery in some cases in parts of the country and not others. So for all I know changing delivery location could get it quicker. Could bump back in line. Could do who knows what!

Reactions: Gurl3x4me
I strongly disagree, after waiting for almost a year with little to no contact it is unconscionable for Tesla to expect us to drop everything and turn on a dime. People have to organize insurance, figure out what to do with there current vehicle if they have one, and others need to secure a loan. I am fortunate that I live on the other side of the country. Being in Massachusetts I will have plenty of time to adjust to Teslas “hey we got your car ready” communication. It will take five days for the car typically to cross the country. But those who live close by don’t have that natural buffer of time. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Tesla to give order holders seven business days to get their affairs in order and pick up their car. It’s not like they were providing us timely information letting us know we are 90 days, 60 days, 30 days out from delivery. It’s hi, your car is ready come get it now or else. It’s almost like we the customer are the least important part of the Tesla equation.
The three-day notifiction is not like three day from today, it's just a three-day window in two weeks (12/29-31 in this specific case).

Reactions: IAMCCF
Here some pictures I said I’ll post.
After the first day driving, I noticed some imperfections of interior and small scratch on the rim. Stop squeaking noise from the second raw chairs when on freeway But other than that car is amazing.
I’ve already scheduled a service the soonest they had is in two weeks but hopefully they’ll take care of all these small issuesView attachment 744825

Thanks for posting! What are your thoughts on the car in general? Is it quieter, handling, acceleration, initial impressions?

I thought I hit the delivery lottery when I heard they were starting with 6 seaters and then when they started to prioritize changed orders over original orders I was bummed. Logically speaking (and I know most companies don’t run that way), they should have said if you want to switch to a 6 seater you will get it before the 5/7 but after the original 6 seat orders.

Not sure if those ‘upgraded from “the call” are getting prioritized’ is entirely true as @sunnyvaletree was an original 6 seater and he was the first poster on here to get his car.

The three-day notifiction is not like three day from today, it's just a three-day window in two weeks (12/29-31 in this specific case).
So what you're saying is that it's okay that after THIS long to get a delivery finally, if you can't move your other commitments you should have to wait even longer - perhaps even months? Ridiculous.

Reactions: ductordoc and EV3_
This sound like you sent them a message that caused them to think you might not be available or ready to take delivery around the 29th. Based on that, their approach sounds reasonable. If one cannot finish the purchase in 3 days then they should give it to someone in the huge crowd of buyers waiting in line with money in hand, and have waited as year or longer.
No, it does not sound reasonable. I travel quite a bit and had this same conversation with the store manager. I was specifically asking if I paid in full for the car and signed all necessary documents (at the needed time, after Vin, etc... ), could they just keep the car on the lot till I get back (say a week or 2...) The answer was NO... 3 days is all I have...

So, my personal back up plan is either hurry back to get it, or just have a close friend pick it up and put it in my garage...

No, it does not sound reasonable. I travel quite a bit and had this same conversation with the store manager. I was specifically asking if I paid in full for the car and signed all necessary documents (at the needed time, after Vin, etc... ), could they just keep the car on the lot till I get back (say a week or 2...) The answer was NO... 3 days is all I have...

So, my personal back up plan is either hurry back to get it, or just have a close friend pick it up and put it in my garage...

I volunteer to be this 'close friend'.

For sure. I’m definitely keeping mental notes of all of this. They won’t always be the only game in town. As soon as the competition catches up or even gets close (and they will), I am out. This entire experience has been crap. For those of you saying you’ll forget all about it when you get the car.. I won’t.
You should just buy a Taycan or a Lucid or Rivian and get it over with. So many behind you that would love the Tesla you have on order. Do em a favor.

Just be lucky you didn't get the Ford Lightning e-mail.. $30K if you want to be one of the first 250 deliveries. $5K if you want to be in the first 10% of deliveries. Not interested in either? Not sure if/when you'll get a car. Ford isn't even trying to hide their extortion.
The Ford dealers were asking 50-100K over sticker when the launched the Shelby GT500 a year ago. This sleazy tactic is fairly common with high end sports cars and I can now see they are moving it to consumer cars as well. Greed is “not” good

Folks that are trading in a tesla for a refresh MX -- are you putting odometer readings and photos in now or do we wait until closer to delivery? I was initially listed for January now it says February. Also -- should we commit to a financing options now, or closer to delivery? things seemed so much smoother with my MS and M3 deliveries in the past, this seems so much more haphazard!

Reactions: Elixir