Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My father in law drove from NorCal to Los Angeles and back on Mon-Tue. He counted 15 semis with Tesla cars on them and not 1 model X. @Stro @Wooly1 and others I think we are gonna be here for a while. I was really hoping being close to Fremont we would sneak in an end of year delivery.
That's ok. I've found a nice comfy corner in this forum to set up my box and sleep there. I'll put a hat by it soon for donations. Maybe start playing a banjo.

That's ok. I've found a nice comfy corner in this forum to set up my box and sleep there. I'll put a hat by it soon for donations. Maybe start playing a banjo.
We're now a little over a week before it's the new year. So, anyone not close to the factory is SOL until next year. The only exception could be if someone's funding falls through like we've seen some lucky people here experience. But that's ok.

Just venting but still No VIN and I’m close to tapping out and either waiting for the 4680 version or looking at lower alternatives. Question for everyone - if they bring Austin up with structural 4680 packs in a model Y v2, providing much greater range, lower cost, potentially much better build quality, better non water based paint quality, etc. than we are paying now for X’s, can you honestly say you’ll be happy with your decision or will it sour you on Tesla like I think it would me? Yeah we get a more usable third row and increased width with an X but a v2 Y sounds like it could be an X killer again until the X gets its next improvements and with current ramp issues, who knows if that’ll ever be possible.
You’re gonna be waiting a really long time for any Tesla with 4680 batteries. And the Y will never be close to the X, just like the 3 will never be close to the S. Now, the Y may be fine for someone’s needs but that’s entirely different.

And it’s always interesting when people think they’re going to get another manufacturer’s EV when they all have long waiting lists.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Driving up I-5 today to Paso Robles and counted 13 semis carrying Teslas heading southbound. Spotted one Black Model X. Damn car is indeed a unicorn.
13 semis and ONLY one X? Sheesh
I'll maybe take the next corner. Play drums on my empty tin cans while we wait.
Can I place the first song request.? "You are not alone" by Michael Jackson ☺️

If they do this I'm canceling and going with a Sport Turismo GTS. That thing looks incredible.
Its not like they did bait and switch they cleary tell people that they used 2017 pacs. I am sure all ICE vehicles have components that are much older then the model year when they discover overages of parts. No story to me
It’s a story to me! I wouldn’t touch one of those cars. If tesla felt it needed to put a label to cover it’s ass then the customer is the one taking all the risk. In addition I agree with other commenters, they should clearly define if the warranty is going to start at 2017 or the day of purchase. Also practically paying full price and assuming all the risk not how I play. I’d be a hard pass on these even if I’ve been waiting a year.

Continuing the AP/FSD discussion, literally the only reason I’m even getting FSD is because of the auto lane change. I would’ve been fine even with the old AP1 lane change (manually signal and then it changes).

It’s absolutely not worth $10k for that feature alone and yet I’m getting it. I don’t care about summon and whatever else and the FSD Beta I hear is almost unusable, not to mention having to qualify for it.

They’ve definitely got us (or at least me) by the balls on that one. I hate that they took that out. I would’ve paid extra for just that functionality, but it is what it is. I didn’t want the feeling of having an “incomplete” car as I’ve used the lane changes frequently on previous rentals. Buy once, cry once.

Continuing the AP/FSD discussion, literally the only reason I’m even getting FSD is because of the auto lane change. I would’ve been fine even with the old AP1 lane change (manually signal and then it changes).

It’s absolutely not worth $10k for that feature alone and yet I’m getting it. I don’t care about summon and whatever else and the FSD Beta I hear is almost unusable, not to mention having to qualify for it.

They’ve definitely got us (or at least me) by the balls on that one. I hate that they took that out. I would’ve paid extra for just that functionality, but it is what it is. I didn’t want the feeling of having an “incomplete” car as I’ve used the lane changes frequently on previous rentals. Buy once, cry once.

I agree. I have the FSD monthly subscription to test it out. Also have the FSD Beta. Not worth it IMO. All I want is to be able to manually change lanes (once a blinker is on) and have AP stay engaged. It would be the same scenario as how lane assist works today. If you put on a blinker, lane assist disables temporarily until you get in the new lane.

I am hoping that once the FSD beta goes out to everyone for city driving, they will either ...
1) Allow AP to stay engaged on manual lane change as part of basic AP
or
2) Create a lower tier similar to EAP that doesn't contain city FSD but adds the AP on highway. Something reasonably prices. $10k or $199/month isn't worth it.

Reactions: JBTMX and Gurl3x4me
You’re gonna be waiting a really long time for any Tesla with 4680 batteries. And the Y will never be close to the X, just like the 3 will never be close to the S. Now, the Y may be fine for someone’s needs but that’s entirely different.

And it’s always interesting when people think they’re going to get another manufacturer’s EV when they all have long waiting lists.
I disagree, slightly, I felt the 3 was the better car than S for a long time until the refresh hit. S was very dated and left behind for a while. Sure it was a bit slower and smaller.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr