Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After inquiring more info on the delivery date (December 30), I was told by the SA “factory has pushed off over the last several days and this vin is highly likely going to get pushed into next quarter”. Has anyone heard similar news?

*Keep in mind, they told me December 30 literally yesterday (12/21). Seems like a lot changed in 24 hours.
*Hopefully they’re wrong and know as much as us (or slightly more)
*Not sure why I paid the first second I could - I was hoping it would speed this up (maybe not a great choice now)

I think most of us would happily fly to CA right now to take delivery and drive home cross-country, if it would get the car sooner.
I’d bet 95% of us would fly to Fremont and road-trip home if it meant getting our X a few months sooner. Good chance to find any issues right away and schedule service lol.

Got a text from my Tesla SA asking if I wanted to take delivery of a Model S Plaid today instead and avoid the potential luxary car tax. He said my model x is looking at may-june delivery. I declined.

My config is May 1 Order, 5 seats, White ext, creme int, FSD. Saskatoon delivery Centre.
They need to stop building inventory plaids and keep the line focused on model X!

This whole waiting process is a lot like the TV show “Lost”. We’re all on the island hoping to get our Xs (which is like leaving the island). We don’t know much, with the plot constantly changing making little sense. The SAs are like the writers of the show and their stories make little to no sense.

Hopefully we can all leave the island soon!

59A05DE1-8107-43DA-89F8-1BD0367CAE8E.jpeg

Delivery set for a week from today! Unfortunately this is my sisters car and not my wife’s but none the less hyped to check this dude out!

This whole waiting process is a lot like the TV show “Lost”. We’re all on the island hoping to get our Xs (which is like leaving the island). We don’t know much, with the plot constantly changing making little sense. The SAs are like the writers of the show and their stories make little to no sense.

Hopefully we can all leave the island soon!
I’ll invite Kate to sleep in my box with me then. I’ll help her stay warm and away from smoke monsters and polar bears. Are the S reservation holders the “Others”?

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: Yakkodot and focher
View attachment 747190
Delivery set for a week from today! Unfortunately this is my sisters car and not my wife’s but none the less hyped to check this dude out!
I'm picking up the same day in Schaumburg.
2nd X
1/14/21 order.
11/30/21 VIN
12/02/21 UnVINed
12/14/21 reVINed
Paid today
12/24/21 car delivery
12/29/21 Pickup...maybe 12/27/21.
Yay
Gray, white, 6, 20.